Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2024, 10:07 (Ref:4207634)   #76
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Yes the Sainz penalty felt inadequate for totally destroying Piastri’s race.
Looked like he threw his car at Piastri!

Other than Lando's fab win the other highlight of the race was Sainz being left with an omelettes worth of egg on his face after his very arrogant calling for the srewards to make Oscar give him a position for doing absolutely nothing wrong!

Lando drove beautifully to the flag but Piastri might be quietly seething for the way the SC period worked out for him and then Sainz doing his utmost to ruin his race. Also when flat out to make uo ground after his wing replacement to be told on the radio not to do anything that might jeopardise Lando's win!

A lot of mental strength needed adter all that.
Old 6 May 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4207635)   #77
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Oh, I don't think I have mentioned this, but can I just say how fantastic that VCARB livery looked.

Richard

I have to agree.In a sea of black plus a little colour it stands out,the only other nice livery is the Aston Martin.

The McLaren upgrade package seems to have made a difference and it will be interesting to see if it is as effective at the next few circuits.Whether those races will feature the same driver lineups throughout the grid will be interesting to observe.
Old 6 May 2024, 10:23 (Ref:4207639)   #78
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Someone on here will know the answer to this probably. But did KMag set a new record for the number of separate penalties that a driver picked up in a single weekend?
Old 6 May 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4207656)   #79
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Other than Lando's fab win the other highlight of the race was Sainz being left with an omelettes worth of egg on his face after his very arrogant calling for the srewards to make Oscar give him a position for doing absolutely nothing wrong!
It was ridiculous. Sainz was totally to blame and then went pass or crash.
Old 6 May 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4207664)   #80
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Looked like he threw his car at Piastri!

Lando drove beautifully to the flag but Piastri might be quietly seething for the way the SC period worked out for him and then Sainz doing his utmost to ruin his race. Also when flat out to make uo ground after his wing replacement to be told on the radio not to do anything that might jeopardise Lando's win!

A lot of mental strength needed adter all that.

I did feel sorry for Piastri, but it was exactly the right call to calm him down when there was a very real possibility of being involved in another incident which would precipitate a Safety Car, when there was no real possibility of getting back into the points.....
Old 6 May 2024, 17:27 (Ref:4207676)   #81
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I did feel sorry for Piastri, but it was exactly the right call to calm him down when there was a very real possibility of being involved in another incident which would precipitate a Safety Car, when there was no real possibility of getting back into the points.....
100% agree on the warning to Piastri. They were not telling him to hold position, but just to be mindful of the situation the team was in. Piastri did make the pass I believe.

Richard
Old 6 May 2024, 21:08 (Ref:4207694)   #82
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Not sure Piastri really needed to be told that though did he?!
Old 6 May 2024, 21:58 (Ref:4207696)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Norris has finally done. It’s been a long time coming, but he took the opportunity with both hands. Nothing was going to stop him it seems
Old 7 May 2024, 11:35 (Ref:4207726)   #84
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since Lando was in the lead from rather early in the race, this actually reminded me of those "good old days" when Hakkinen or Raikkonen would lead the race, and I would sit on the edge of my chair hoping the car won't break down.
Those days are long gone, cars are simply reliable these days, but the suspense was the same
Old 7 May 2024, 14:48 (Ref:4207746)   #85
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
Since Lando was in the lead from rather early in the race, this actually reminded me of those "good old days" when Hakkinen or Raikkonen would lead the race, and I would sit on the edge of my chair hoping the car won't break down.
Those days are long gone, cars are simply reliable these days, but the suspense was the same
totally!

in a way we have substituted reliably issues for the suspense of late race SC/red flag/restarts but yes indeed the feeling is rather similar!
Old 7 May 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4207757)   #86
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post

Yes, that’s partly why Max is so dominant. Cars are too reliable, meaning you can go a season or two without a DNF