Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1992333)   #76
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having just watched the TV, the camera's certainly missed a lot of the close and good racing between some drivers - but caught probably every bad move/accident. To be honest, if I'd only seen that, I'd agree to an extent with some of the comments on the standards - but having seen it in person too, trust me, there was some nice racing today.

Oh, and Gio's race three slide! You know, we're really unfortunate that Yvan Muller and Giovanardi aren't battling each other somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Well, if they aren't running Neal in the Integra, I'd assume Shedden won't be in a Civic next round, haha.
Hmmm. I think if Halfords fancy the teams trophy (slim chance as it is of 'improving'), letting Shedden race at Knockhill is probably the better idea!

All depends what their goals are. I guess this year's a drop from last year whatever happens, so I can't see them booting Shed's out - I think Neal would be glad of the excuse.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1992340)   #77
DWA
Racer

England
Enfield
DWA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race 1 shunt from Paddock looking up the hill.
Attached Thumbnails
OA8Z0753.jpg  
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1992345)   #78
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine

And why was Tom OC flashing his lights all the time?
I think thats the on track version of throwing your toys out of the pram when you don`t get your own way.

Jackson spun and it caused a bit of a mess.

Gio had a similar spin in the same place...

luck of the draw i guess...

But from what i seen on telly,prob one of the best rounds of the BTCC season.(would have watched it live,but been playing with the bikes this weekend)
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1992367)   #79
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Anyone got photos of Mat Jackson's car in race two?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1992368)   #80
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joel, comparing Tony Blair with Lionel Blair would be more sensible. Gio's wasn't on the first lap, in wet conditions, in a car which doesn't perform in the wet. Plus, it was caused by outbraking hismelf while defending a position, not trying to take 3 cars at once by going totally off-line. I've gained a lot of respect for Mat as a driver this year, but this was pretty feeble stuff. A lot of very poor teams will be very angry about it, I'm sure. At least Gio had the decency to apologise to Jordan in the post-race interview; Mat seemed to shrug it off as a daredevil moment.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1992373)   #81
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yes, but, Jackson had the move done if it wasn't for that painted bit, why the heck is it painted anyways? Pretty daft move by the circuit, imo.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 07:25 (Ref:1992508)   #82
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Yes, but, Jackson had the move done if it wasn't for that painted bit, why the heck is it painted anyways? Pretty daft move by the circuit, imo.
Spoken from a position of total ignorance of the track layout and its history, I will kindly assume.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1992517)   #83
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Plato get penalised for what looked like a deliberate shunt on Chilton
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:16 (Ref:1992574)   #84
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No he didn't, but she should have done. I have just watched the TV back and Tom said they will not be taking it further however if it kicks of between him and Gio later in the year then it will be brought up.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:31 (Ref:1992581)   #85
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
No he didn't, but she should have done. I have just watched the TV back and Tom said they will not be taking it further however if it kicks of between him and Gio later in the year then it will be brought up.
But if Plato was penalised so should Gio for taking out Jordan!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1992591)   #86
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giovanardi was penalised.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:47 (Ref:1992593)   #87
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gio got £500 fine and 3 pts for his move. Plato/Chilton, Chilton took his chances by going round the outside.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 10:02 (Ref:1992607)   #88
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Having just watched the TV, the camera's certainly missed a lot of the close and good racing between some drivers - but caught probably every bad move/accident. To be honest, if I'd only seen that, I'd agree to an extent with some of the comments on the standards - but having seen it in person too, trust me, there was some nice racing today.
I'm not sure that bits of "nice racing" between episodes of stupid, careless and unskilled savagery are what the BTCC should be offering. Sadly Gow and others seem to disagree so we will just continue with the present situation. Where do they think the muppets in Clios get their bad behaviour from?

Jim
Old 20 Aug 2007, 11:03 (Ref:1992633)   #89
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Gio got £500 fine and 3 pts for his move. Plato/Chilton, Chilton took his chances by going round the outside.
Serves me right for not checking first!

I thought Plato was being very careful yesterday.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1992681)   #90
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanowat1
That was, i believe, just the two day meeting at Brands Hatch recently.
Its not just 750MC the same mentality is emerging through all the clubs more so with the junior drivers:- T cars, SaxMax and Gineta they all seem (from reading posts on different 10/10 forums and marshaling) to follow the aggressive full contact racing. BARC, BRSCC, MGCC etc. etc all have problem formula and it is plain to see from a marshaling stand point that they see the BTCC guys doing it and in some instances getting away with it so why cant we.

Safety has to be paramount, there ought to be huge penalties for not obeying flag signals, and this should start at the top with the TV formula's. 2 x yellow flag infringement = exclusion from round. If the CoC and stewards were to get tougher on them then driving standards would improve and there would be less need for safety car intervention which means more racing.
i agree,
and im not saying that we "agressively and purposely" punt people off, thats not the case.
But i do agree that why should BTC Drivers get away with it?
Jason Plato is the worst for it, and he proved it at Snetterton with Matt Neal and also at Brands with Tom Chilton!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1992685)   #91
deccerz77
Rookie

United Kingdom
deccerz77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just look at Clios, they had to abandon the race yesterday because of crashes on the first lap and the formation lap. And most of the SAXMAX guys are tutored by Clio drivers! A crack down on high-profile championships will defiantly affect the lower-ranked/club championships.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:25 (Ref:1992768)   #92
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Ok, just seen that. She also says that they won't be at Knockhill due to the amount of work needed on the car, so cross that one off the list already.
Sorry, I'm not clear about the post. Who's this fiance is this comment made by - Matt Neal or Dave Pinkney ? If its Dave Pinkney's, I can understand it... but surely Dynamics can put Neal in Shedden's car for Knockhill if he's a better chance for the championship ?
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1992782)   #93
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM
Spoken from a position of total ignorance of the track layout and its history, I will kindly assume.
I know Brands is a historical track, I just do not know why the outside of Paddock Hill is painted. Care to enlighten me?
Old 20 Aug 2007, 13:57 (Ref:1992794)   #94
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Sorry, I'm not clear about the post. Who's this fiance is this comment made by - Matt Neal or Dave Pinkney ? If its Dave Pinkney's, I can understand it... but surely Dynamics can put Neal in Shedden's car for Knockhill if he's a better chance for the championship ?

It was Pinkney's fiance.

And if it was Neal's, Shedden now has a better chance of taking the title.

Which is about non existant anyway, still mathematically possible but between Plato and Shedden in 3rd is 78pts - there must be around only 100 left.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 14:15 (Ref:1992806)   #95
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You won't see a big grid. Not after yesterday's demolition derby, plus a lot of the smaller teams can never find the budget to come North. You'd think they were going to Bulgaria or somewhere......
Old 20 Aug 2007, 14:28 (Ref:1992811)   #96
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I did wonder that myself, especially as Matt has no real hope of winning the title now. Still mathematically possible I know but very unlikely.

However if the rumours are true they don't have any left to run, so they'd have to borrow one. Thinking back it wouldn't be the first time that has happened - TD had to borrow an old Primera for the last round some years back (2000 from memory) after Matt crashed his usual race car.
They had to get it from Brian Chatfield's barn and dust it off for the raceday didn't they?
Old 20 Aug 2007, 14:32 (Ref:1992812)   #97
mandyh000
Racer

England
Rugby
mandyh000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TD have a spare shell they can use to get Matt out at Knockhill but they say Bank Holiday weekend is cancelled and it will be touch and go if they can get the car ready.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 15:14 (Ref:1992842)   #98
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOOTS,
wouldn`t class it as a daredevil stunt,
it something that he does a lot,
making up quite a few places on the outside.

I thought the 5 places back was a tab harsh,
at least he didnt hit anyone on purpose like a few others did in that race.
He made the pass and was unlucky with the spin.
If he didn`t spin it would have been classed a great move.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 15:31 (Ref:1992859)   #99
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
The line between "Great Move" and "Idiotic Move," is ohhhh so thin, as has just been proved again.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1992884)   #100
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
after watching 2 out of the 3 races yesterday... my opinion has changed of the btcc. it's worse than i remembered. complete pantomime motorsport the whole way through. if it was anything but btcc plato and chilton would have been hauled up to explain themselves for starters.