Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2648007)   #76
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto View Post
Would it really matter that Dane/888 were a pain in the arse to work with when achieved what they did ?
Depends doesn't it?

Dane sold FORD advertising space to Voda as they wanted the whole car (yes A livery was approved by Price, but not Ford marketing). Ford then had to fight Dane/Voda to get a bit of space back, including BLUE. Check out the 3 phases of the front bar as a good eg. and compare the Voda livered cars to the Betta Electrical cars for which Ford originally PAYED for.
If you bump into Dane, ask him if he sued Ford for 2009 sponsorship while still taking bucks from Ford in the form of Lowndes...

I believe the hatchet is buried nowadays however.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2648054)   #77
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your aware betta electrical's company colours are blue and yellow yes?
Vodafone is red.

Some people just dont get it, you kep happy the people who are giving you money, vodafone were that people!
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:00 (Ref:2648061)   #78
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post

Some people just dont get it, you kep happy the people who are giving you money, vodafone were that people!
Bingo!

I don't think it was so much that vodafone is red, Ford wanted more space than what they were buying
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2648063)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
then why did roland and jamie cry so much when ford stopped sponsoring them
Old 9 Mar 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2648084)   #80
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Stop trolling peck

Because they were still getting money from them! Ford just wanted more than they were paying for.....
Some money is bettter than no money, but no-one in their right mind would screw their main sponsor out of sign-age space for someone paying pennys.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2648706)   #81
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Even if it was only half a mill, that's still half a mill you have to find. But as you can see they had no troubles finding it
Old 10 Mar 2010, 08:06 (Ref:2648720)   #82
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Quote:
Your aware betta electrical's company colours are blue and yellow yes?
Vodafone is red.

Go and ask Dane if the original Ford contract specified that a certain sponsor should be retained... I have a strong idea you will find that this is the case...Why? because of the BLUE.

Obviously, you don't get it. Go and recheck the FORD exposure on the Betta Electrical car, where did that massive FORD oval go on the FIRST iteration of the Voda car? where did the FALCON lettering go on the front of the bonnet?

I'll tell you, Dane SOLD that space to Voda. Why? because they wanted the whole car and offered more money. This is despite Ford paying for that exposure. selling something already sold is unscrupulous, do you think thats fine?

SECOND iteration, Voda relented after Ford approached Dane/Voda and gave them white FORD lettering, still in RED on the front bar.

THIRD iteration, Ford wanted BLUE all along, finally they put FORD lettering in white with a blue background.

Dane said, we complied with Fords request due to the above changes, but what he doesn't say is Ford never got what they initially payed for once Voda were on the scene, and he wouldn't have done anything to keep his end of the contract with Ford if they hadn't objected.

Fact is, Ford where paying 888 as well as providing them with CL, Ford were not happy with the red Voda cars yet you are saying you keep the paymasters happy...
Old 10 Mar 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2648746)   #83
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Can you post up a picture of the unmodified contract stating these things were to happen. Didn't think so

(refer my motto, put up, or shut up)
Old 10 Mar 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2648768)   #84
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Quote:
Can you post up a picture of the unmodified contract stating these things were to happen. Didn't think so

(refer my motto, put up, or shut up)
Typical lame ass reply when a person has nothing intelligent to contribute...

I provided info thats readily proven with a quick google image search. I have no problem with you taken whatever else I wrote as dribble, despite it being very close to the truth...
Old 10 Mar 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2648786)   #85
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
Typical lame ass reply when a person has nothing intelligent to contribute...

I provided info thats readily proven with a quick google image search. I have no problem with you taken whatever else I wrote as dribble, despite it being very close to the truth...
I thought about replying to the comments, but its not really what were discussing. You dont know what fords agreement was, nor vodafones, so what designs were on the car is irrelevant in that regard.

Lets also keep in mind, that ford are a sponsor of a different kind, being that the car they were driving was a ford, thats part of their(fords) exposure (as much as i hate calling the cars fords and holdens, thats how the manufacturers, and some fans, still see it).
T8 were winning in fords, vodafone were their main sponsor, NOT ford. If fords were, the cars would be all blue, and they would have huge ford signs on the doors and bonnet. NOt be painted red and silver (the company colours of their main sponsor.)
Old 10 Mar 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2648808)   #86
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Ford payed for those big ovals on the rear quarters, they paid for the FALCON on the bonnet and they disappeared ...fact is they were there first, the argument that they wern't the naming rights sponsor doesn't enter into it.

3 things to ask Dane about his original Ford contract -

1. Did he have to retain CL as a driver?
2. Did he have to retain Betta Electrical as a naming rights sponsor?
3. Did he have a performance clause stipulating he had to finish in the top 5?

The answer to all three is the same and you can guess what it is. To use, GTRMagics disclaimer, all alleged of course

As you correctly observed, these cars are so similar it's not worth calling them Ford/Holdens. The major way to differentiate them to the average punter is by colour association, red = Holden, blue = Ford.
Fords marketing dept. wanted blue cars due to this and were not consulted when Price gave 888 the approval for Voda, thats were the trouble started.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2648812)   #87
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
I've never heard that he had to retain the sponsor as part of the contract.

And i dont know any person who would sign a contract based on that. They went bust afterall. How do you retain sponsorship from a company that doesn't exist
Although, if its been approved, then thats ion prices hands, not danes. Once again, nothing wrong on his part.

Either way, its win all round in my eyes. Those idiots that still think they are fords have lost their most competitive team, and they hate it.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 02:24 (Ref:2649331)   #88
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conrad you brighten up my day every time i see you've posted.. thanks champ.... Ford should really throw some money your way
Old 15 May 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2691177)   #89
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to drag out this thread, along with it's Mensa quality content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post

What will be interesting is their off track success. A lot of fans have turned their backs on them, or struggle to see them as a Holden team.

Will be interesting to see what the punters buy when the doors open to the merchandising tents at Clipsal. I wonder if 4 race wins will help their decisions?

I hav'nt been to a round personally since 2008 (3 kids (all girls) mortgage, work 6 days a week) bar the Winton test day last year.

Back then 888 and HRT dominated the merchandising and 888's very impressive merchandise truck was always chockers.

How does it compare now? Judging by the comments here and from friends, not very well. But people do like to support winners, something 888 are very good at.
Old 16 May 2010, 02:24 (Ref:2691236)   #90
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
I was at clipsal for the friday, and there was more T8 holden merc than HRT/FPR walking around. Was quite surprised ctually, i thought most people would have ditched them too, but they didn't.

(although the table i was sitting at, there were ford and holden supporters but none of them had anything good to say about T8)