Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3212176)   #1
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
After reading that i would say that JC said everything he needed to, to make an exit if he chooses. Doesn't sound overly excited or confident about staying on .....does he ???
If he cares about winning and not just the pay cheque, it would be wise to wait and see if the new car is another dog or a gun!
Old 28 Feb 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3211974)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by Pro Racer; 28 Feb 2013 at 00:53. Reason: wrong thread.
Old 22 Mar 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3222538)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
James Courtney to WTCC?? Here

Imagine... starts off as an 'official', gets to know the team... parlays a WTCC ride sometime in the future...
Old 22 Mar 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3222827)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
James Courtney to WTCC?? Here

Imagine... starts off as an 'official', gets to know the team... parlays a WTCC ride sometime in the future...
I don't know why he would want to go there, unless he wants a world tour. There isn't a lot of money or manufacturer support there in that championship.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 02:05 (Ref:3226241)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Webber to HRT?
Old 29 Mar 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3226283)   #6
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He would not lower himself and come back and race V8 Supercars. What ever you are on GT I would love some.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3226288)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
He would not lower himself and come back and race V8 Supercars. What ever you are on GT I would love some.

cause he'd be soooo good driving competitively in a touring car, the less whingers we have the better, we got rid of Murphy already.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3226624)   #8
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Webber has always stated this to be the case.

Of course World Champions and Le Mans winners such as Brabham, Jones, Gardner and Schuppan thought otherwise and has no hesitation in racing touring cars in Australia. The first three mentioned spending a lot of their own money to do so.

I would like to see Webber race in Australia after he leaves Formula One but only for the right reasons.
Old 6 May 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3243448)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Webber to HRT???

Old 6 May 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3243482)   #10
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Sources from the Daily Star..." Err, that's like quoting ZOO magazine...
Old 7 May 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3243897)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
"Sources from the Daily Star..." Err, that's like quoting ZOO magazine...

Funny and true.

If Webbers interested n racing back here in Australia then you can call me Uwe Alzen. Not gonna happen. If he doesnt race in F1 next year he'll probably end up with Porsche in sportscars or behind the counter of his pub in the motherland, cant see him coming back to Oz for anything other then a holiday.
Old 9 May 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3244635)   #12
scuderus
Racer

scuderus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Funny and true.

If Webbers interested n racing back here in Australia then you can call me Uwe Alzen. Not gonna happen. If he doesnt race in F1 next year he'll probably end up with Porsche in sportscars or behind the counter of his pub in the motherland, cant see him coming back to Oz for anything other then a holiday.
He already owns quite a nice piece of real estate in Noosa.
Old 7 May 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3243785)   #13
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know where he's going for sure. I do know for sure that a prominent Australian motoring journalist was told directly by Porsche in 2012 that Webber was their number one target for 2014 sportscar campaign.

Would think Porsche LeMans/WEC would pay better, and be more interesting, than V8SC. The only reason to come back would be homesickness, but that doesn't seem to have bothered him so far.

Also, he was tweeting Brighty about his Ferrari drive at Le Mans. Paraphrased he said 'Wait till you get something with grip - you won't want to go back'.
Old 21 May 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3251038)   #14
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Don't know where he's going for sure. I do know for sure that a prominent Australian motoring journalist was told directly by Porsche in 2012 that Webber was their number one target for 2014 sportscar campaign.

Would think Porsche LeMans/WEC would pay better, and be more interesting, than V8SC. The only reason to come back would be homesickness, but that doesn't seem to have bothered him so far.

Also, he was tweeting Brighty about his Ferrari drive at Le Mans. Paraphrased he said 'Wait till you get something with grip - you won't want to go back'.
It was already announced a month ago that the deal has been done with Porsche.......
Old 9 May 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3244641)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say if he can't land a competitive F1 drive next year, it'll be sports cars or retirement.
Old 9 May 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3244646)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you were not going to be in F1 surely leading Porsche's return to Sportscar racing is not something you could pass up. Pity he couldn't be there to beat some Mercs
Old 9 May 2013, 06:11 (Ref:3244656)   #17
Speedwayracer44
Rookie

Speedwayracer44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche is where hes going to, done deal. He wont come back here, he has too much going on in the UK plus I reckon his misus wont want to live here, its too warm.
Old 9 May 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3244662)   #18
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwayracer44 View Post
Porsche is where hes going to, done deal. He wont come back here, he has too much going on in the UK plus I reckon his misus wont want to live here, its too warm.
Eh, she is an Aussie!
Old 9 May 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3244800)   #19
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Eh, she is an Aussie!
I was going to ask the question lol

Didn't think she was a soap dodger.
Old 9 May 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3244808)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
soap dodger according to this:
Quote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/the...-1111115687082

The English woman 13 years his senior was beginning a career in management.
Old 13 May 2013, 05:00 (Ref:3246532)   #21
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
soap dodger according to this:
I'm pretty sure he split from her years ago.
Old 13 May 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3246626)   #22
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
What planet are you living on Mount?
Old 14 May 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3247088)   #23
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
They're still together.
Old 9 May 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3245018)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget Mark has a rather nice shack up in Noosa, that he seems to spend a fair bit of time at when he's not in Europe...
Old 10 May 2013, 05:54 (Ref:3245130)   #25
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell Marcos Ambrose has a beard!
Click here