Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jan 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3490497)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who cares?
There are 2 events on the same weekend
This thread is about the V8SC test day
No more talk about the B12 or #7 please

[/mod]
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 7 Jan 2015, 01:49 (Ref:3490527)   #77
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Who cares?
Apparently a fair few people.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 01:53 (Ref:3490529)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Apparently a fair few people.
This thread is about the test day proper. Cars on track, new sponsors, new drivers, new cars. That is all.

The other stuff is precisely why I didnt want to open this thread until just before the test day.
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 7 Jan 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3490534)   #79
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This thread is about the test day proper. Cars on track, new sponsors, new drivers, new cars. That is all.
I am in full agreeance GTR, with the same principles applied to all threads in the forum.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 02:35 (Ref:3490537)   #80
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I am in full agreeance GTR, with the same principles applied to all threads in the forum.
Be better if you were in full agreement, a word that actually exists and means something.

Sorry D.R.T, the grammar nazi deep within my soul made me post that! LOL
Old 7 Jan 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3490539)   #81
D.R.T.
Veteran

Haha my bad! Watch this space (& the dictionary) it will be a word soon enough
Old 7 Jan 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3490592)   #82
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The other stuff is precisely why I didnt want to open this thread until just before the test day.
Pardon my ignorance GTR Magic but for the sake of clarity and transparency - why did you open the thread way back on 12/12/14 knowing it would result in passionate comment particularly if you "didn't want to open this thread until just before the test day"?
Old 7 Jan 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3490602)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Pardon my ignorance GTR Magic but for the sake of clarity and transparency - why did you open the thread way back on 12/12/14 knowing it would result in passionate comment particularly if you "didn't want to open this thread until just before the test day"?
Oh i see, we dont open threads because certain people cant control themselves by posting off topic. I like your idea, lets close the forum and not rely on peoples maturity

I reckon guranteed front row in the first race at Clipsal should be the reward for winning on Sunday
Old 7 Jan 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3490606)   #84
old fart
Racer

Australia
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
sOh i see, we dont open threads because certain people cant control themselves by posting off topic. I like your idea, lets close the forum and not rely on peoples maturity

I reckon guranteed front row in the first race at Clipsal should be the reward for winning on Sunday
Pecky are you now acting as a mouth piece for GTR Magic ?

My question still awaits a reply from the person concerned as I am somewhat confused-3 months prior to the event is a long time in view of the statement.

None the less both events will proceed and people will decide if and what they will go to or watch.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 09:15 (Ref:3490609)   #85
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Pecky are you now acting as a mouth piece for GTR Magic ?

My question still awaits a reply from the person concerned as I am somewhat confused-3 months prior to the event is a long time in view of the statement.

None the less both events will proceed and people will decide if and what they will go to or watch.
we opened the 12 hour thread a year before, we opened the silly season 2016 already. why should there be a time limit? We have never needed one before.

Bring on the test day, Should be a good watch between ads and yellow flags in the other event.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3490613)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
The thread was originally built as a placeholder, for the new season 2015's first event of the year.

From a number of requests from posters arguing that the discussion about the test day would be a full and frank exchange about the test day alone, and despite my misgivings at doing so, the thread was opened.

My mea culpa I think.

Surely to goodness its not that hard to keep the subject matter about the test day, not making it about the perceived socioeconomic political machinations between broadcasters, category managers and the governing body that may or may not have brought two events on the one weekend to the viewing public?

I didnt think that was too much to ask, but honestly, it seems, despite repeated requests to leave the other stuff alone in this thread, it is a task proving seemingly impossible.

Old 7 Jan 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3490616)   #87
old fart
Racer

Australia
GTR Magic-thank YOU for the SENSIBLE reply.
Old 17 Jan 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3493551)   #88
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
We need a Venn diagram that shows the spread of GT-only fans, V8-only fans, and fans of both.
In that V8SC:B12 Venn diagram, I am in that area common to both circles. However, there will be 15 weekends in Oz + 1 in NZ that I could travel to and see V8SC events, and 1 weekend where I can travel to and see a 50 odd Bathurst field with cars and drivers from round the world. So I will take that 1 opportunity at Bathurst in Feb and probably do V8s at Winton/Sandown/PI.

On the subject of making the test day worth something - the sort of thing that would get me a bit more interested would be to have charity cash donations of say $10K/5K/2K for fastest 3 cars, with drivers nominating their charities beforehand - PLUS make the event mean something in terms of the championship. 26 points (or 25, or 27, depending how many full season entrants) for fastest car, down to 1 point for the slowest. Not a great deal of points compared to a race, but something to shoot for, and if it ends up a tight series, maybe worth something by season end.
Old 17 Jan 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3493649)   #89
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Following this continuing battle is great you guys, better than on track actually, please don't stop while I get more popcorn
Old 17 Jan 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3493685)   #90
Finski
Rookie

Finland
Australia
Finski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would have enjoyed a day at eastern creek as its the closest track to me, oh well will have to wait to the race there later in the year.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 08:04 (Ref:3494701)   #91
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
It's ON at the sydney.com SuperTest

Quote:
Stay tuned for the announcement of an exciting prize for the quickest team.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3494729)   #92
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ArmourAll Pole Award?
Old 21 Jan 2015, 10:05 (Ref:3494739)   #93
D.R.T.
Veteran

Lolly bag?
Old 21 Jan 2015, 23:53 (Ref:3495004)   #94
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the earlier suggestion of points..... 26 pts for fastest to 1 point for slowest
Old 22 Jan 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3495012)   #95
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aren't there only 25 cars?
Old 22 Jan 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3495014)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
aren't there only 25 cars?
A point for the Safety Car?
Old 22 Jan 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3495017)   #97
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
depending on the weather.... maybe 26 points for the Safety Car...
Old 22 Jan 2015, 02:41 (Ref:3495021)   #98
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
depending on the weather.... maybe 26 points for the Safety Car...
Like Sam Newman managed at Sandown all those years ago
Old 22 Jan 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3495349)   #99
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, 25pts to 1pt then.
Old 25 Jan 2015, 06:40 (Ref:3496741)   #100
D.R.T.
Veteran

Lap records at the V8 test?