Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Oct 2003, 23:59 (Ref:757625)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might have ruined the suspension settings running over such a solid object.. could have knocked 1/2 a second off the laptimes
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Oct 2003, 00:03 (Ref:757629)   #77
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Oran Park - with the skill level of some - a half second variation in lap times (even when they use electronic timing) is quite possible!
Old 21 Oct 2003, 00:04 (Ref:757631)   #78
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Accept that many people do not find that sort of talk palatable - I happen to be one of them.
And more power to you too RT...

Seems to me that the more this language is flung at us, the more we accept it. It pervades everything and I, like you, won't wear it. In fact I sacked one of my female staff for using the F word in front of a customer earlier this year (I have a Pharmacy)

Now the usual reply I get to that is that "well that kind of talk is unacceptable in a chemist..." My answer is that it should also be unacceptable in a factory, on a building site, or a mechanics yard.

I walked out of "Beverley Hills Cop" years ago at the movies when all Eddie Murphy could say for an hour was f***.

Mal Meninga dropped the c word before a state of origin league match a few years ago and even Simon Katich let one fly during the weekends cricket telecast. If we don't complain about it, it will get worse.

Keep your standards up RT (and others) and make a stand.

As for the TV networks, they know it's wrong...That's why Brian Henderson never said "now we cross to Hugh Rimington who's at the scene of a ****ing huge train crash"

There is no need for it. Not on TV. Not in real life. Ever...

And is you think this is all a bit melodramatic, try spending some time in your local schoolyard. I give talks on illicit drugs at the local schools and the language you hear is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!