Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jul 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2928745)   #76
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Jaguar were planning on running a diesel, they can shove this project where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned! Every single diesel on the grid is a proper racing car lost.

Hope this car is a good-looking, good-sounding, dark green, petrol-hybrid.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 04:17 (Ref:2928801)   #77
LMP1
Rookie

LMP1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheese

Hi everyone.

Jaguar 'do' diesel engines in their road cars, so I wouldn't have a problem with one in their racing car - if it made it competative enough to take the fight to Audi/Puegeot.

With TATA's finance, a diesel engine and a British Racing Green livery, Jaguar could do some serious damage in Leman/WEC!

We can dream, afterall, who saw Porsche coming back!

"BMW-Diesel-M-Sport" next anyone?
Old 20 Jul 2011, 04:22 (Ref:2928802)   #78
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP1 View Post
Hi everyone.

"BMW-Diesel-M-Sport" next anyone?
Who knows? DTM and Lemans is where BMW belong.alot of unnamed manufacturers are interested for 2014...

I was shocked to hear that in this autoweek article that the toyota lmp1 had already tested"i assume the hybrid mode" for the ACO in secret...

if toyota can keep a secret...you know its 10xs easier for any other manufacturer
Old 20 Jul 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2928851)   #79
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldn't have to be a diesel to be competitive. All Jag would have to do is throw the same amount of money, talent and dedication at a petrol car that Audi and Pug have done with their diesel cars. You could put and Audi/Pug engine in the back of an Oreca or a Lola and it still wouldn't be as quick as a 908 or an R18.

The energy limit rules coming into force in 2014 should also do a very good job of equalising the various power sources available.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 20 Jul 2011, 11:26 (Ref:2928925)   #80
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
** assuming they get the energy equivalency right, for the various sources of energy.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2928940)   #81
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Here's a bucket of Joules. How you use it, from which source, that's up to you.
Low Cost energy is gone. Let's get serious about Efficient Energy.
I don't care how it's done, it keeps racing relevant, and keeps Le Mans where it should be. Hopefully, F1 will wither away.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2928962)   #82
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Here's a bucket of Joules. How you use it, from which source, that's up to you.
Low Cost energy is gone. Let's get serious about Efficient Energy.
I don't care how it's done, it keeps racing relevant, and keeps Le Mans where it should be. Hopefully, F1 will wither away.
spot on
Old 20 Jul 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2929160)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 21 Jul 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2929260)   #84
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
** assuming they get the energy equivalency right, for the various sources of energy.
the point of this is that their is no need for equivalency.

everyone gets the same amount of energy. equivalencies aren't required. why should i be able to make a 7.0litre v12 and then get more energy because of that......That's not the point...everyone gets the same amount of energy.how you achieve the efficiency is whats going to really push manufacturers(and trickle to road cars).

all the fuels have a J/G value so the fuel will be allocated this way.....

but technically....How does a hybrid system fit into these rules.... because the hybrid is constantly taking in energy....if the aco decided to say that the the energy from hybrid would be added to this energy usage total(a hybrid could easily output more than the allocated energy within an hour.so it would be hybrid or bust.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 04:59 (Ref:2929262)   #85
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi Racer....geez man misunderstand yet another post. He's talking about the energy equivalency between the different fuels. As has been discussed before (remember when I outlined the differences between petrol and diesel to you to?) diesel, petrol, isobutanol, methanol, etc all have a different amount of energy per milliliter, gram, whatever and thats what needs to be balanced....

As far as hybrids go, I'd think a kw/h limit imposed by the ACO would be the way to go.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2929395)   #86
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Now, as I understand The Laws of Thermodynamics. you cannot just creqate energy out of nowhere. A Hybrid should be designed to RECYCLE energy, such as charging a battery under braking. Rather than just heating a disc through friction.
That way, you make your energy quota last longer, go further, or faster. It's up to each car designer/builder how they do this.
You still get a standard bucket of Joules, to last 24 Hours. Burn petrol, diesel, hydrogen, spin up a flywheel, make steam, charge a battery, it's YOUR choice. When your energy bucket is empty, you stop.
Hell, if you work out how to race using a sail, that's fine, free energy! It's outside the bucket... Though tacking on Mulsanne may be 'discouraged'!
Le Mans is a Grand Prix of ENDURANCE, lest we forget.
Oh, and make the efficiency targets real, but challenging. IIRC early in Group C, Lancia walked the 1000k races by running under Group 6 rules. The early 956 just used too much fuel.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2929405)   #87
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Can the discussion that is not related to the potential Jaguar LMP1 program be moved to the LMP Future Regulations topic?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2929455)   #88
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now, as I understand The Laws of Thermodynamics. you cannot just creqate energy out of nowhere. A Hybrid should be designed to RECYCLE energy, such as charging a battery under braking. Rather than just heating a disc through friction.
A turbocharger recycles energy.

As does exhaust gas recirculation. That however I doubt we will see on a racecar.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2929486)   #89
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
the point of this is that their is no need for equivalency.

everyone gets the same amount of energy. equivalencies aren't required. why should i be able to make a 7.0litre v12 and then get more energy because of that......That's not the point...everyone gets the same amount of energy.how you achieve the efficiency is whats going to really push manufacturers(and trickle to road cars).

all the fuels have a J/G value so the fuel will be allocated this way.....

but technically....How does a hybrid system fit into these rules.... because the hybrid is constantly taking in energy....if the aco decided to say that the the energy from hybrid would be added to this energy usage total(a hybrid could easily output more than the allocated energy within an hour.so it would be hybrid or bust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Audi Racer....geez man misunderstand yet another post. He's talking about the energy equivalency between the different fuels. As has been discussed before (remember when I outlined the differences between petrol and diesel to you to?) diesel, petrol, isobutanol, methanol, etc all have a different amount of energy per milliliter, gram, whatever and thats what needs to be balanced....

As far as hybrids go, I'd think a kw/h limit imposed by the ACO would be the way to go.
Hey Mitch take a lesson from your own book!....i quoted my original response to show you that i already stated that!.

J/G is Joules/Gram.

you dont equivalize energy...the concept of energy is just that....no equivalency....doesnt matter if you use diesel or hydrogen or petrol, or butanol,1500Joules is 1500Joules.....that willl mean that the teams get differnt amounts of fuel to work with...the diesels get the least fuel obviously. it takes less diesel to make 1500 joules than it does petrol.

in addition..Kw/h doesnt solve anything because what if a manufacturer doesnt build a hybrid..then they are effectively screwed.....with 1500Joules(made up number)....any addition from the hybrid battery pack automatically is more than the allocated 1500 Joules.

Last edited by Audi Racer; 21 Jul 2011 at 17:18.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2929587)   #90
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Time Out guys? I just realised (Thanks Gwyllion) we are in the wrong thread...
Mods can you take the last few posts out of here into the LMP Future Regs thread?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2929595)   #91
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Hey Mitch take a lesson from your own book!....i quoted my original response to show you that i already stated that!.

J/G is Joules/Gram.

you dont equivalize energy...the concept of energy is just that....no equivalency....doesnt matter if you use diesel or hydrogen or petrol, or butanol,1500Joules is 1500Joules.....that willl mean that the teams get differnt amounts of fuel to work with...the diesels get the least fuel obviously. it takes less diesel to make 1500 joules than it does petrol.

in addition..Kw/h doesnt solve anything because what if a manufacturer doesnt build a hybrid..then they are effectively screwed.....with 1500Joules(made up number)....any addition from the hybrid battery pack automatically is more than the allocated 1500 Joules.

So no energy equivalency but you only get 1500joules? You see whats wrong with that statement? I do....

And in terms of kw/h, it'd only be applied to systems like hybrids and other regenerative electric propulsion systems, not EVERYBODY.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2929629)   #92
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Time Out guys? I just realised (Thanks Gwyllion) we are in the wrong thread...
Mods can you take the last few posts out of here into the LMP Future Regs thread?
woah!. i actually thought this was the lmp evo as well...Sorry Jaguar.
Old 5 Aug 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2936319)   #93
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Le Mans: Jaguar denies it is working on an LMP1 race car

By: Quentin Spurring on 8/05/2011

Contrary to reports in mid-July, Jaguar has moved to deny speculation that it has been preparing to return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a new sports-prototype race car. A spokesperson for the Indian-owned British manufacturer said the reports were "purely speculative."

Tata, Jaguar's parent company, has said in the past that Le Mans was in Jaguar's DNA, having won there on seven occasions, and that the brand would race there again one day. However, the spokesman added that such a project was not a priority at this time, adding that he is not aware of any discussion at the corporate-board level about any motorsports program other than the RSR team's GT2 initiative in the American Le Mans Series.
Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...#ixzz1UCBTJ51x
Old 6 Aug 2011, 01:08 (Ref:2936343)   #94
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Ugh, that's massively dissapointing
Old 6 Aug 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2936361)   #95
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:

So does toyota. So Did porsche, So did Audi......lol its a trend.
Old 6 Aug 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2936371)   #96
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not the Scarlet Pimpernel.
Old 7 Aug 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2936985)   #97
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
NO! I'm NOT Spartacus...
I suspect a few folk in Whitley may be playing around 'After Hours' with concepts. We'll see what is for real, eventually.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2938065)   #98
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they've taken the time to deny it then it must be true! To some extent at least.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 09:50 (Ref:2939463)   #99
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Contract Recruiters to JLR group, EPMC, have this little gem buried on their list.

EP19780 Project Team Leader - sport/race car development
Fees per hour £23.72
Original Duration: 12 Months
Division: Engineering to Order
Skills Required:
Race car team development lead. Knowledge of FIA rules and experience of implementation

Perhaps it's a Landie LMP1, not a Jag! Not paying much though...
Old 14 Aug 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2939464)   #100
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps it's a Landie LMP1, not a Jag! Not paying much though...
What do you mean? 5300 quid per month isn't much?