Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4174178)   #76
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Are you sure?
Ok fair enough, but still think it’s rather harsh when most drivers would’ve done much worse.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:45 (Ref:4174181)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Ok fair enough, but still think it’s rather harsh when most drivers would’ve done much worse.
I agree, seems harsh. But he didn't leave room for Hill to keep on the circuit.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:54 (Ref:4174182)   #78
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Harvey with some spicy comments!

TH- “The rules are written by people who do not know how racing cars work”
DA - “It has gone to the stewards and the stewards have upheld that decision”
TH - “The stewards also do not know how racing cars work”

TH - “[…]That’s the rules but they’re stupid”
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:54 (Ref:4174183)   #79
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That seems particularly harsh on Ingram. However it's not as mad as the judicial here earlier in the year towards Hill when Sutton drove over the front of him.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4174185)   #80
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Changed my mind, can we penalise Ingram every race if it makes him drive like this!
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4174188)   #81
5five
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Changed my mind, can we penalise Ingram every race if it makes him drive like this!
He drove like a man possessed. Great drive.

Didn't look like much between the Ford, Toyota and BMWs in that race.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4174193)   #82
Evantra
Veteran

England
And there’s the inevitable Mini red flag…. Glad he’s ok and no one else got caught up in that.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:59 (Ref:4174194)   #83
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...s-Decision.pdf
Ingram's appeal was rejected
Quote:
THE BTCC EXPECTED STANDARDS DOCUMENT 2023, OVERTAKING, POINT 3, IS CLEAR THAT "ON THE EXIT OF A CORNER IF THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE HAS AN OVERLAP ON THE CAR ON THE INSIDE THEN THE CAR ON THE INSIDE MUST LEAVE A MINIMUM OF ONE CAR WIDTH TO THE EDGE OF THE TRACK".

THE STEWARDS DETERMINE THAT #24 DID HAVE AN OVERLAP ON THE OUTSIDE OF #1 EXITING TURN 12 ON THE FINAL LAP. HOWEVER, THE DRIVER OF #1 DID NOT LEAVE THE REQUIRED MINIMUM ONE CAR WIDTH TO THE EDGE OF THE TRACK AND, AS A RESULT, DID GAIN AN ADVANTAGE (C2.3).

THE STEWARDS CONSIDER THAT THE PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE CLERK OF THE COURSE IS APPROPRIATE.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4174196)   #84
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not 100% certain, but I think that Ingram may well be appealing the Stewards decision. If so, that may not be the end of the matter.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4174197)   #85
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
He drove like a man possessed. Great drive.

Didn't look like much between the Ford, Toyota and BMWs in that race.

Those Fords need pegging back that’s for sure…….
Old 27 Aug 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4174209)   #86
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Ingram is right to be annoyed due to the inconsistency of the decision making. In isolation it's 100% the correct decision to swap the positions but not giving racing room happens all the time in BTCC and is rarely punished from what I remember. Race 3 should be a cracker with that grid draw.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4174217)   #87
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a mistake from Lloyd....
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4174218)   #88
Evantra
Veteran

England
Ahhhh well that sums up Team Hard - random failure? Devastating for Lloyd, he completely deserved that.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4174219)   #89
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton 2023 champion

no way he can be caught now, complete anti climatic final rounds
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:11 (Ref:4174220)   #90
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted for Dan, he deserved that win.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4174222)   #91
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If the series didn't need the car count HARD have got to be on the verge of being thrown out at this rate. Can't go 4 seconds without a car of theirs breaking, often dangerously.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4174223)   #92
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At this point, how does anyone know that the failure (if that is what happened) was a result of something HARD. have control over?
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4174224)   #93
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted for Lloyd, drove a great defensive race, credit to Butcher for not just shoehorning him out of the way.

Sutton finished P5, this guy is the greatest BTCC driver I’ve seen. His ability to be consistently fast without mistakes. Can seemingly do things that others can’t. Seems to also be able to drag a qualifying time out of a car when no one else can. I’d love him to get a chance on a bigger stage but god knows where he could go. Few years ago you’d have said WTCC but that doesn’t exist anymore & I’m not sure any of the TCR series are a bigger platform.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4174225)   #94
5five
Rookie

What happened to Lloyds front headlight? Did he hit something or was his car just disintegrating throughout that race.

Is there a running count of races started vs finished for each team in 2023?
Old 27 Aug 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4174227)   #95
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Feel bad for Dan Lloyd, but feel worse knowing it was probably a toe link failure and knowing where this thread is heading
Old 27 Aug 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4174233)   #96
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Gutted for Lloyd, drove a great defensive race, credit to Butcher for not just shoehorning him out of the way.

Sutton finished P5, this guy is the greatest BTCC driver I’ve seen. His ability to be consistently fast without mistakes. Can seemingly do things that others can’t. Seems to also be able to drag a qualifying time out of a car when no one else can. I’d love him to get a chance on a bigger stage but god knows where he could go. Few years ago you’d have said WTCC but that doesn’t exist anymore & I’m not sure any of the TCR series are a bigger platform.
He should be in the second WAU Mustang in my opinion.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4174234)   #97
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Sutton 2023 champion

no way he can be caught now, complete anti climatic final rounds
Sutton only has a 42 point lead. There's three times that many available still. It's definitely not over.

Sometimes I wonder why you even bother following the BTCC, as all you do is whinge about it.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4174235)   #98
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Amen to that. Supercars, or even NASCAR, are the only real decent options for Sutton - and he could be a champion in either IMO.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4174236)   #99
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly think Ingram can feel aggrieved today both with the stewarding and NAPA 'tactics'

The decision to swap places with Hill was 50/50 but Rowbottom driving a clearly damaged car then blocked Ingram into Redgate allowing Sutton through. Have to question why NAPA didn't bring him in with that much damage and why the officials didn't give him the meatball flag.

Pretty poor all round today in terms of decision making. Ingram should walk away today feeling he's been very very hard done by.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4174237)   #100
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I’d like to see what he would do in a supercar.

I’d love to see him get a go in that project 91 NASCAR entry that Trackhouse are behind. Seems like the perfect candidate for what they’re doing with it.