Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 2004, 08:06 (Ref:985829)   #76
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just heard the Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to test for Toyota. Of course the lower part of his legs will have to be cut down so that he can fit into the car, but according to his agent driving an F1 car has more potential than running California :-).

That is all I can say about the JV issue.....
Old 28 May 2004, 10:40 (Ref:986043)   #77
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Test this DVD [codenamed FIA World Championship 2003] on this little black box [codenamed PS2] in this tiny secret room with a sign "SECRET TESTING ROOM"...

boy...that guy may be out of F1, but does his name still haunts!
Any truth in the rumour EA Sports (or whoever it is) wrote an exclusive one-off version of their FIA World Championship 2003 PS2 game for Jacques? I've heard it has no Ferraris or BARs in it and all the computer drivers are clones of Bruni and Baumgartner ... oh, and there's a special option where Jacques' team mate's car blows up when you hit L2/R2. And there's a bonus arcade game where you get to run over Schumacher and Richards dummies ... oh and finally, there's a special historic option where you can re-run Championships from years past - so he can run 1997 again and again and again until he wins all the races he should have done...
Old 28 May 2004, 10:41 (Ref:986046)   #78
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really?
Old 28 May 2004, 10:43 (Ref:986052)   #79
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep!
Old 28 May 2004, 10:43 (Ref:986053)   #80
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 28 May 2004, 10:44 (Ref:986054)   #81
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 28 May 2004, 10:51 (Ref:986062)   #82
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very funny, ha.. ha.. ha.....
Old 28 May 2004, 10:58 (Ref:986073)   #83
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by knowlesy
Oh no, sorry, he was fired wasn't he?
FACT.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! He wasn't fired. His servises were no longer reguired but not fired. HHF at Jordan that was being fired as was Pizzonia last year.

Last edited by hamsmith; 28 May 2004 at 10:59.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:00 (Ref:986076)   #84
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
That's a fair point actually. He wasn't fired as such. "Fired" suggests a contract was terminated. He just didn't have his contract renewed.

FACT!

Mind you, one could argue that he was fired for the last race...

Last edited by garcon; 28 May 2004 at 11:01.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:02 (Ref:986080)   #85
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Believe what you want to believe.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:04 (Ref:986082)   #86
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it was like he quit for the last race...JV did not give BAR the oppurtunity to Fire him...
Old 28 May 2004, 11:06 (Ref:986087)   #87
ASCII Man
Veteran

Why waste effort for a team and a teamboss that don't appreciate your work whatever your results are?

Again, believe what you want to believe...
Old 28 May 2004, 11:16 (Ref:986097)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
Hello! He wasn't fired. His servises were no longer reguired but not fired. HHF at Jordan that was being fired as was Pizzonia last year.
Hello! You are right, sorry.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:18 (Ref:986100)   #89
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
As I said, "one could argue". Honestly, I don't know the circumstances. I'd guess it was Jacques choice, in that he wasn't in the correct frame of mind to race. But whether it was Jacques who said "I'm not racing" or DR who said "You're not racing" I don't know. Moot point really.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:25 (Ref:986107)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still it is worth getting your facts right
Old 28 May 2004, 11:26 (Ref:986108)   #91
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
That just shows JV's maturity. His heart wasn't in it, so he decided not to race the Japanese GP, is he DID race, he could have been a danger to himself and others. Dajiro Kato had already lost his life in a MotoGP race at Suzuka, so it was the right thing for JV to do.
Old 28 May 2004, 11:43 (Ref:986129)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I recall (and I do stand to be corrected) it was announced that he wouldn't race just before he got on the plane and he expressed disbelief. Makes me think he was sacked.

But let's notget into the personality bit again.
Old 28 May 2004, 16:49 (Ref:986470)   #93
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Oh no, sorry, he was fired wasn't he?
FACT.

Hello! He wasn't fired. His servises were no longer reguired but not fired.
Well it's tantamount to being fired.....I mean, I know if I went into work and was told my services weren't required I'd feel fired! (bloody delighted as well, mind! )
Old 28 May 2004, 17:12 (Ref:986493)   #94
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The bashers claim to despise JV posts yet seem to contribute the most. Why is that?

Anyway, an interesting quote from PH today. Read into it what you will:

However, explaining Williams' ideas for their 2005 line-up, newly appointed Director of Engineering Patrick Head said: "It's only really possible to take on somebody young and in their first year if you know that you are not going to be a championship competitor. If you are looking for a driver and you want to be confident that he can win races, there is nothing that beats somebody having done it previously."

Last edited by Kirk; 28 May 2004 at 17:16.
Old 28 May 2004, 17:29 (Ref:986520)   #95
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He said that again ? Today ? Where's the link ?
Old 28 May 2004, 17:37 (Ref:986528)   #96
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...28081719.shtml

this was not "today"... but this is the first 'credible' source to a JV return... a direct quote from PH...but if they want race winners it still is a broad criteria...

though a JV comeback is more likely than a Mika Hakkinen comeback thats for sure...
Old 28 May 2004, 17:40 (Ref:986531)   #97
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or retain Ralf Shuntmacher next year... he's won a race or two when his stars were aligned...
Old 28 May 2004, 20:32 (Ref:986672)   #98
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...28081719.shtml

this was not "today"... but this is the first 'credible' source to a JV return... a direct quote from PH...but if they want race winners it still is a broad criteria...

though a JV comeback is more likely than a Mika Hakkinen comeback thats for sure...
I don't know if you have me on ignore or what Ralf fan (wouldn't surprise me really given my past posts reguarding the driver that bears your name) but I did include the Patrick Head comment in my list of FACTS reguarding the possiblity of a JV return, although I was under the impression that Frank Williams had made that comment.

Anyways I do think the words really say a lot about the drivers Williams are considering for 2005. And I completely agree with the Hakkinnen comment.

Last edited by TeddyG; 28 May 2004 at 20:32.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 28 May 2004, 20:37 (Ref:986675)   #99
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
However I would like to say that I must have made an error on the available Toyota drives. I am 99% certain I saw an article on f1-live about a month ago stating that Toyota would have a new driver line-up next season. However recently they have announced that Panis and Damatta may be back next season. Personally I think this is a tactic to reassure their drivers amongst all this Ralf Shumacher to Toyota talk and to make sure their minds are on racing and not politics.
I have little doubt Ralf is on his way there for 2005 and I think it is possible Villeneuve could be there as well. We'll see I guess.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 28 May 2004, 22:46 (Ref:986758)   #100
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Actually Teddy. It sounded to me that Toyota carefully worded that statement ... they closed the door for a driver change this year ... but were leaving 2005 wide open, without really endorsing either of their present drivers.
Closed Thread