Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Apr 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1285160)   #76
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crazy, considering the amount of potential at State levels and we can't seem to get everything in order for a National seen. Hopefully common sense can prevail and we can go racing.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1285367)   #77
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What's crazy is that we don't even need a GT series. There's nothing stopping ALL interested parties turning up for the state or intermarque champs... with NO parity BS to whinge about.

Nothing stopping at all..... Perhaps it's personal greed/egos/snobbery that is the problem....

If all the eligable cars were at a state champ round...... the TV would come crawling on it's knees before too long too.......
Old 24 Apr 2005, 01:11 (Ref:1285393)   #78
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ff says is right. For those of you that saw the Sportscar races at Sandown with the depth and quality of the fields it was amazing.I spoke to the Intermarque people who want to utilize all of these cars plus the cars from the respective State series to show Australia what sportscar racing can be.Instead we continue the same old dance of exclusion and parity paronoia that has already failed. It has been proven that the attitude of excluding many cars doesn't work.
I notice on the http://www.intermarque.net site that they are running the 1 Hour races that last year ran under Tattersall's sponsorship.That will include all of these cars and more. Incidentally I notice there has been no mention here of the 33 cars that ran at Eastern Creek in the NSW state series 2 weeks ago and also presented a quality field.Unfortuately the marque sportscar numbers are not so large in Queensland but with some quality events coming to Queensland hopefully the locals will support it.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1285404)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 2
What ff says is right.

Last edited by GTRMagic; 24 Apr 2005 at 02:26.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 04:19 (Ref:1285424)   #80
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience
If all the eligable cars were at a state champ round...... the TV would come crawling on it's knees before too long too.......
You got it all right up until that point. TV would never come crawling to you. However, they might leave the door open for negotiations.
Old 24 Apr 2005, 07:24 (Ref:1285454)   #81
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You reckon that if Stokell, Bowe, Simonsen, Richards, Fitzy, and a handful of other young guns were turning up at state rounds and racing Lambos, Vipers, Ferrari's, Porsches etc like in NC that TV wouldn't come sniffing round....

Tell you what, You stand at the gates for me taking $50 off anyone that turns up with a video camera, and I'll let you keep half... how's that sound....
Old 26 Apr 2005, 06:16 (Ref:1287597)   #82
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You reckon that if Stokell, Bowe, Simonsen, Richards, Fitzy, and a handful of other young guns were turning up at state rounds and racing Lambos, Vipers, Ferrari's, Porsches etc like in NC that TV wouldn't come sniffing round....
Sponsors though would not want those guys racing at State Level races.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1287652)   #83
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
What sponsors..

They were all happy to race with NC, which at times had only 8 cars on the grid, so why would a 30+ state grid cause problems......

Any times a sponsors name gets seen is a good time...
Old 26 Apr 2005, 07:55 (Ref:1287653)   #84
silver 2
Racer

The racing is different in the southern states and the quality of the cars astonishing compared to Queensland so what may apply here is not so down there. If the racing is good enough there will be interest so TV becomes possible. The NSW Prod Sports and the Tattersalls 1 hour races were all televised last year and if you saw the field in the Vic State sportscar race at Sandown last week it would blow your mind.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1288178)   #85
abr944
Racer

abr944 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having raced in the sportscar races at sandown last weekend...it was a blast like no other....the field was huge and quality plus....viper, 2 ferraris,gt40,python,more gt3 cup cars and more porsches than you could poke a stick at....I travel south from the gold coast cos the racing is at such a high standard.
Very friendly and no problems with slower cars like my 944 challenge.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1288213)   #86
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Tell you what, You stand at the gates for me taking $50 off anyone that turns up with a video camera, and I'll let you keep half... how's that sound....
Motorsport broadcasting isn't like the good old days when a quality event attracted the cameras.

Today the cameras are paid to turn up and they shoot only what they are paid to shoot, regardless of quality of the races they do and don't film. And they are booked well before hand.

If such a quality field of cars and drivers showed and no cameras had been pre-booked, then nope none would come sniffing apart from the handi-cams of fans.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 03:08 (Ref:1288216)   #87
silver 2
Racer

Having racing worth seeing sounds like a starting place to me. Half the rubbish shown now is about as interesting as watching grass grow so it is in everyones interests to see worthwhile catergories and cars entertaining us so lets hope the cart can be put behind the horse and racing is created that is meaningfull and not the schemozzle that was Nations Cup. Even if it is paid for at some stage the boring cry is going to be heard and motor racings place will be taken by more entertaining sporting activities.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1288469)   #88
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
TV will go where the news is.

If people whinging about the garbage collection can make prime time TV, then pro's racing exotic cars will make TV.

Who paid them for showing the burning Ferrari 308 from the Targa prologue.. no-one. They love it. (and no, it wasn't one of mine. I did the other two...!)
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1288475)   #89
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So if we sacifice one of the cars to the gods at each round, tv will turn up?
Old 27 Apr 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1288911)   #90
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just copied a link to Lou Giggliotti in his Speed World Challenge Corvette charging from 20th to 8th at Atlanta? . Very nice Video. I wish we could have something like it soon.Go to the incar footage on the page, video stats automatically with broadband.
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~jhester/lg/page6.html

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 27 Apr 2005 at 21:27.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1289179)   #91
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
So if we sacifice one of the cars to the gods at each round, tv will turn up?

and only play the crash !!
Old 28 Apr 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1289393)   #92
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
A Ferrari isn't sacrificed to the Gods... it is returned...

Where as all Lambo Diablos' can go straight back to where they came from!!
Old 28 Apr 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1289425)   #93
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
A Ferrari isn't sacrificed to the Gods... it is returned...
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1289648)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Where as all Lambo Diablos' can go straight back to where they came from!!
The tractor factory?
Old 30 Apr 2005, 02:55 (Ref:1290451)   #95
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The stinking depths of kit car hell?
Old 30 Apr 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1290506)   #96
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
I guess that's where Stokells' Targa Gallardo is going right now.....

I like Paul, but he's been hanging around Smiffy too long...

Apparently he was talking up his wet weather chances right before he threw it into the scenery......in the wet
Old 30 Apr 2005, 08:14 (Ref:1290510)   #97
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is the Gallardo very hurt? The pics on the Targa Tasmania website (below) show a crinkle but not a deadly blow...

Old 30 Apr 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1290798)   #98
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Hey GTR.... If you owned that Gallardo, would you be saying.. "How much is that CRINKLE going to cost".......??
Old 30 Apr 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1290800)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would be too busy wringing the neck of the driver to be super concerned about the cost

The only saving grace was that the Lambo was in the lead when it decided to touch the scenery....
Old 30 Apr 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1290814)   #100
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Is the Gallardo very hurt? The pics on the Targa Tasmania website (below) show a crinkle but not a deadly blow...
At least all the wheels appear to be pointing in the right direction.... unless the other side of the car is worse? Still not likely to be a cheap crinkle, but I'd expect to see this one racing again.