Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Mar 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3520852)   #1151
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
At the risk of being off topic, when is the F1 on this weekend ? Please.
Unfortunately, peckys mates at Foxtel have hijacked F1 as well and all we will get is an hour (less ads) of "highlights" late Monday night.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3520857)   #1152
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Unfortunately, peckys mates at Foxtel have hijacked F1 as well and all we will get is an hour (less ads) of "highlights" late Monday night.
What if i could tell you, that "my mates" are offering free foxtel play on a 14 day trial. You can watch v8s and f1 at no cost (apart from Internet download )

As well as this weekend nascar and every game of a league and AFL for the next 14 days
Old 28 Mar 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3520858)   #1153
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
What if i could tell you, that "my mates" are offering free foxtel play on a 14 day trial. You can watch v8s and f1 at no cost (apart from Internet download )

As well as this weekend nascar and every game of a league and AFL for the next 14 days
And good luck trying to get them to stop charging your credit card.

I had a 9 month dispute with them after trialling during the Olympics and only resolved it by going to the ombudsman.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3520860)   #1154
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
And good luck trying to get them to stop charging your credit card.

I had a 9 month dispute with them after trialling during the Olympics and only resolved it by going to the ombudsman.
Will be no need to stop, when people realise how good the new world is.

However that's pretty poor that it took 9 months, extremely unacceptable
Old 28 Mar 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3520887)   #1155
team drinkalot
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
team drinkalot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Channel Ten. Did me a favour.

Instead of being a couch potato, I only had to watch 1hr - which was enough.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3520935)   #1156
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
5pm on Sunday
FOCUS

ten not fox

9.30 pm on one monday night
http://www.freeview.com.au/tv-guide/

Last edited by thunderbolt; 28 Mar 2015 at 13:10.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3520957)   #1157
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that was pathetic.

There is no point watching a highlights package for races you already know the results for 5+ hours after the fact.

I've been watching religiously since 1997 but I'm out.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:43 (Ref:3520960)   #1158
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've settled for poor-quality free live feeds.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 13:55 (Ref:3520976)   #1159
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I've settled for poor-quality free live feeds.
Where ??? Free ???
Old 28 Mar 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3521190)   #1160
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Well that was pathetic.

There is no point watching a highlights package for races you already know the results for 5+ hours after the fact.

I've been watching religiously since 1997 but I'm out.
you should definitely give up something you have watched religiously since 1997 especially before testing the Sunday coverage which occurs just minutes after the race finishes
Old 28 Mar 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3521205)   #1161
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I liked the highlights.

Is it really that hard to avoid hearing the results?

I've been doing that since 1985 for Formula One.

And the best thing about not having Foxtel is that I won't be tempted to sit through hours of entree to only be served up a dull, dry and tasteless main course.

Off topic, I know, but when will V8 Supercars realise that the series is at its best when it runs races of longer distance races

The sprints are just a yawn.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 22:56 (Ref:3521212)   #1162
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday FTA TV V8 Supercars Tasmania Highlights viewer numbers: ONE 118k TEN 74k
Old 28 Mar 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3521217)   #1163
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you should definitely give up something you have watched religiously since 1997 especially before testing the Sunday coverage which occurs just minutes after the race finishes
I will not compromise again and again trying to feed my interest living off the crumbs now given to free to air. It's not worth the aggravation. Like I said a few posts ago they should have taken it totally off free to air - at least then it would have been easier to give up when you have no choice.

Motorsport was the only sport I've ever followed and since I first started watching every category on TV in 1997 that's eventually dwindled down to just V8s and F1. Therefore I just don't see the value in paying $600 per year just to watch these two. That $600 could be better spent on 2 or 3 track days with the MX5 Club down at Wakefield Park.

I look at it like a relationship. V8 Supercars has dumped me, I've whinged about it for a while but now it's time to move on.

It's been a lot of fun but I'll find something else to amuse myself.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3521225)   #1164
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well for what it's worth I was born in 72 have been a motorsport fan all of my life and feel very very let down by chanel 10. I remember watching Touring Cars, Group c, Group A, v8 super cars and COTF all on TV. Some times on delayed telecast but generally always the full races. I may be of the minority but I even base purchasing decisions on companies that sponsor car racing (including household items and vehicles). However I have family and household commitments, have kids at Uni, a daughter at pony club, have bills to pay and just cannot justify the extra bill for a pay TV service we will not use for anything else (well maybe watching the netball but we can see that free and live on One on while the V8's are not being shown). I am very annoyed by this, very disillusioned, and really hope another category comes along that we can enjoy on another channel and hopefully some of the big name drivers will switch to it!!!
Old 28 Mar 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3521234)   #1165
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FWIW I don't know if you should be feeling let down by Channel Ten, Id suggest your frustrations should be vented towards V8 Supercars, they chose to go the Pay-TV route.
Old 29 Mar 2015, 00:12 (Ref:3521246)   #1166
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger All View Post
Well for what it's worth I was born in 72 have been a motorsport fan all of my life and feel very very let down by chanel 10. I remember watching Touring Cars, Group c, Group A, v8 super cars and COTF all on TV. Some times on delayed telecast but generally always the full races. I may be of the minority but I even base purchasing decisions on companies that sponsor car racing (including household items and vehicles). However I have family and household commitments, have kids at Uni, a daughter at pony club, have bills to pay and just cannot justify the extra bill for a pay TV service we will not use for anything else (well maybe watching the netball but we can see that free and live on One on while the V8's are not being shown). I am very annoyed by this, very disillusioned, and really hope another category comes along that we can enjoy on another channel and hopefully some of the big name drivers will switch to it!!!
Not neccesarily big name drivers but you can watch Shannons Nationals live and free from Sandown today. Sports Sedans, Formula 3, Manufacturers Championship.

Good stuff
Old 29 Mar 2015, 01:12 (Ref:3521258)   #1167
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 is giving an hour of highlights today...whoopee doo (doo)
Old 29 Mar 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3521262)   #1168
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
RPM is on this afternoon also. Haven't seen the show this year, will watch to see if it's as bad as some people are making it out to be.
Old 29 Mar 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3521316)   #1169
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Forgot this was on, been watching the Cricket, live and free on NINE, loved it.
Warby can shove his supercars.
Old 29 Mar 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3521320)   #1170
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Forgot this was on, been watching the Cricket, live and free on NINE, loved it.
Warby can shove his supercars.
I was watching the cricket also, on fox. great coverage as there has been through every game of the world cup

and two games of a league. excellent coverage

But best of all i watched V8 supercar, which was fantastic live without missing the race due to ad breaks in HD, then a fantastic summary afterwards because they didnt have to go to the news or some gardening show

Now i have the F1 on. also live and no ads in HD. awesome
Old 29 Mar 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3521340)   #1171
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was watching the cricket also, on fox. great coverage as there has been through every game of the world cup

and two games of a league. excellent coverage

But best of all i watched V8 supercar, which was fantastic live without missing the race due to ad breaks in HD, then a fantastic summary afterwards because they didnt have to go to the news or some gardening show

Now i have the F1 on. also live and no ads in HD. awesome
Will that will keep him away for a while or not-he has to be promoting his beloved V8s and Foxtel. I guess he must be on a pay per prompt so he must be worth a squillion or more.
Old 29 Mar 2015, 09:19 (Ref:3521360)   #1172
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Will that will keep him away for a while or not-he has to be promoting his beloved V8s and Foxtel. I guess he must be on a pay per prompt so he must be worth a squillion or more.
kerching, thanks for another mention
Old 29 Mar 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3521611)   #1173
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After a weekend that had a V8 meeting and a Gp take place and I find myself in a position where the only motor sport vision I have seen is a couple of clips on news broadcasts I start to wonder if Motor racing risks sinking to Basketball, Netball or baseball as a mainstream sport.
It is very easy to see the short term financial gains by going with pay but I think that both Archer and CVC are adopting a policy of grabbing as much as they can with no thought for the longer term future of the sport.
As it stands if you are a motorsport fan and want to watch your sport live you have to have a family of football fanatics to go anywhere near justifying the cost.
The upshot is that we are increasingly pointing our youngsters away from motor sport towards football. Not good for the sport.
Perhaps it is the fact that I've been around a long time and can remember the days when motor racing was very much a minor niche interest, great fun for those involved but virtually unknown by the general public. No money, no sponsors and no coverage on TV or in the print media.
Are we fans of a dying sport? Less and less young faces in the crowd at race meetings. Are Archer and CVC the smart ones cashing in before the sport fades away? Or are they the ones hastening the end?
Over to you Pecky.
Old 29 Mar 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3521637)   #1174
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
10 is giving an hour of highlights today...whoopee doo (doo)
especially after all their boasting about being the 'home of motorsport'
Old 29 Mar 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3521643)   #1175
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't have Pay TV and I didn't miss seeing the races. Didn't watch the one hour highlights, caught a clip on the news

See you at the Sandown 500 V8 Supercars or whenever you're next live on Ten. I think you've freed up quite a few weekends for me to watch Rugby League this year

Same to you too Formula One and MotoGP