Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2666042)   #101
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I am not inside his head, but if the car comes together for him I think he will beat Nico on a regular basis..
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2666046)   #102
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am not inside his head, but if the car comes together for him I think he will beat Nico on a regular basis..
So you think Michael will end the season with more points than Nico?
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2666048)   #103
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes...
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2666050)   #104
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
but if the car comes together for him I think he will beat Nico on a regular basis..
But i always thought that Michael's strength was making the most of a car wasn't together Only jesting

I still maintain that Michael wouldn't have expected this coming back into F1.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2666056)   #105
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes...
I'll be back to this thread - on the 14th of November.........
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2666064)   #106
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Does it matter what he does ? Will you get some sort of kick if he isn't beating Nico on a regular basis or be upset if he is ?
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2666068)   #107
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Does it matter what he does ? Will you get some sort of kick if he isn't beating Nico on a regular basis or be upset if he is ?
It does to Jeremy, but not to me. I am simply amazed that anyone has the neck to predict such things without any basis - other than blind faith in an individuals ability.....
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2666071)   #108
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
I thought the same...
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2666074)   #109
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It does to Jeremy, but not to me. I am simply amazed that anyone has the neck to predict such things without any basis - other than blind faith in an individuals ability.....
It doesn't look like it

I find it an interesting discussion. Two drivers at different points in a career.
In Q2 when everyone was in the same situation (before changes to new tyres) TGF was very strong. In Q3 he wasn't. He's inconsistent at the moment. This could improve as he gets less rusty, or it could be the way he is now. I suppose until the end of the season we shall get people getting giddy because others have a different POV. We can't tell yet, but hey lets state our opinion on what it is. I favour the former at the moment, because I know it takes me a little time to get back into the swing after a few months off.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2666077)   #110
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Trembling in the corner, okay see you then....
Old 3 Apr 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2666118)   #111
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I suppose until the end of the season we shall get people getting giddy because others have a different POV. We can't tell yet, but hey lets state our opinion on what it is.
I suppose it depends on how much weight you give to historical information and 'belief', and how much you rely on current data when you perform your analysis. I guess a point of view is really speculation, or an opinion as you suggest, based on wishful thinking, rather than an analysis of current data.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2666122)   #112
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It doesn't look like it
Looks can be deceptive....
Old 3 Apr 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2666126)   #113
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'd be interesting to see how many of the 'I will Schumacher to fail' camp here are under the age of 40. If you are over 40... and if you are competing in very physical sport of any kind... at a contemporary level... against peers half your age... like I am... I think I'd be inclined your view your comments with great credance.

I'm listening :
Old 3 Apr 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2666148)   #114
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are those that would remember me from a previous life on this forum.

I have never - to put it mildly - been a Schumacher fan, past indiscretions being of such a magnitude that his talent has been forever tainted.

But talent he has, it is now three races in and he is in front of Nico, the pale image of his father.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 23:52 (Ref:2666193)   #115
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It'd be interesting to see how many of the 'I will Schumacher to fail' camp here are under the age of 40. If you are over 40... and if you are competing in very physical sport of any kind... at a contemporary level... against peers half your age... like I am... I think I'd be inclined your view your comments with great credance.

I'm listening :
Totally agree. A heavy workout in the gym takes longer to recover from. Aches and pains appear and I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't have any pain. You body changes so gradually. BTW, I'm 41

Years ago I could compete in an endurance karting event and get out with barely a twinge. Now I know the next couple of days are going to hurt.
Years ago, I could go to Silverstone and drive my FF1600 flat out all day, 10 to 1pm, 2 to 5pm, so effectively 6 hours with barely a break.
Fitness makes concentration easier. Because you're not focusing on short-comings physically.
In the 90's, Schumi re-wrote the fitness rule book. He raised the bar of what a driver had to do to achieve success. Before him, Senna raised the bar with de-briefing sessions that are legend.
Great champions will take everything to the absolute limit. But Schumi's fitness is incredible for a 41 year old, but not for a man in his mid 20's.
DC was interviewed a few years ago about his fitness. He said at the time, he was training more intelligently than he ever had and his fitness had changed since his younger days, but he was not the athlete he had been even 5 years previously.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 02:11 (Ref:2666223)   #116
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see that Michael matches and sometimes even beats Nico in free practices and Q1 etc. But when it matters Nico pulls out half a second when he really needs it. Just like Schumacher used to do with his teammates. This must annoy him greatly.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 02:13 (Ref:2666225)   #117
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
I see that Michael matches and sometimes even beats Nico in free practices and Q1 etc. But when it matters Nico pulls out half a second when he really needs it. Just like Schumacher used to do with his teammates. This must annoy him greatly.
Are you suggesting this is karma ???
Old 4 Apr 2010, 06:25 (Ref:2666261)   #118
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoffat View Post
But talent he has, it is now three races in and he is in front of Nico, the pale image of his father.
In front of Nico?
Old 4 Apr 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2666282)   #119
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People are too quick to write im off.. Oh he is 41 past it blah blah... look at chubby Rubens who is only a few years younger.. he is having no problems. Give him some time and MS will be flying again.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 07:36 (Ref:2666287)   #120
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_Racer View Post
chubby Rubens
There are no chubby F1 drivers. The closest we've come in recent years to a chubby driver was JPM and even he was practically sylph-like compared to the general population.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2666673)   #121
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
...The closest we've come in recent years to a chubby driver was JPM...
I'm glad Knowlesy has not read this commentary.

Or maybe that was the reason JPM went to NASCAR, the only racing vehicle that could contain him.

I know, it is
Old 4 Apr 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2666829)   #122
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Nico has got 35 points and Michael has 9 from 3 races. I'm just waiting for the next comment saying that Michael has 'lost it' despite the fact the Nico has not had any problems in 3 races while Michael has had problems in the last two races.
If his surname wasn't 'Schumacher' then everyone would be saying he's been unlucky rather than saying he's lost it. I wouldn't say Knowlesy's old timer football analogy was all that fair.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2666852)   #123
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think TGF has lost it, despite the fact he had problems in the last two races. He's human so that can happen, how many had lost it the same way ? I just hope, really really hope that he doesn't find it again, bacause you know... he's TGF
Old 4 Apr 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2666853)   #124
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Michael is an ****** lets face it...
Old 4 Apr 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2666866)   #125
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I think TGF has lost it, despite the fact he had problems in the last two races. He's human so that can happen, how many had lost it the same way ? I just hope, really really hope that he doesn't find it again, bacause you know... he's TGF
TBF to Michael his 'losing it' is still good enough to be a top 10 driver in f1. But so far he clearly isn't at the level of the best guys. And for Michael Schumacher this isn't good enough. He can go on about "just having fun out there" but being hammered race in race out must be quite a painful experience.