Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 6 Jun 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3258319)   #101
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I was talking about NZV8 - I did say "for some years" as I am well aware of how it used to have 30 car grids, but apart from Bargs they never attracted internationals in the way that ST has.
didn't we have Bezzy, Youlden and McLean/McConville in NZV8's?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 01:59 (Ref:3258326)   #102
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes we did. Maybe others too. Radisich and Baird as well
Old 6 Jun 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3258331)   #103
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
I hear from a source close to sky that this dedicated motorsport channel is getting closer and they are looking for good local content to compliment the international coverage and have spoken about V8ST being in that content. Maybe Sky can bring back live V8ST coverage like V8SC? Yahoo.....bring it on.

Oh please be true
Old 6 Jun 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3258337)   #104
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Yes we did. Maybe others too. Radisich and Baird as well
Don't count, they're Kiwis. Some of those others got their starts with TKR before they were V8SC drivers too.

Apart from Bargs (who is arguably a bit past it) I can't think of any who were current NZV8 and V8SC drivers a the same time. Radisich can't have been in NZV8's for long, I remember him in 2 Litre Supertourers but then he buggered off to Europe and did very well in the BTCC for a time.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3258338)   #105
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
I hear from a source close to sky that this dedicated motorsport channel is getting closer and they are looking for good local content to compliment the international coverage and have spoken about V8ST being in that content. Maybe Sky can bring back live V8ST coverage like V8SC? Yahoo.....bring it on.
Please NO. The last thing we need is for Sky to buy up the little remaining FTA motorsports. If V8ST want to grow it's appeal the last thing they should do is sell their soul to Sky and be seen on a channel only seen by a few die hard motorsport fans.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 02:34 (Ref:3258342)   #106
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Don't count, they're Kiwis. Some of those others got their starts with TKR before they were V8SC drivers too.

Apart from Bargs (who is arguably a bit past it) I can't think of any who were current NZV8 and V8SC drivers a the same time. Radisich can't have been in NZV8's for long, I remember him in 2 Litre Supertourers but then he buggered off to Europe and did very well in the BTCC for a time.
But at the time they were known as internationals.
Paul raced the 2ltr here after his BTCC days. It might have been the LK500s I recall seeing him in. I could also be totally wrong about that.

Hey what about Brock, Richards and Johnson etc in the TraNZams.
Bugger this touring car ********, lets get them back.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 04:08 (Ref:3258355)   #107
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and largely blamed TMC for that) but its failure to move quickly enough to a new vehicle was what caused drivers and owners to walk away in droves.
Again;...not quite true. Plenty of other factors involved, ego amoung them!
Luke Youlden is an International driver that drove in nZV8's for ages and so did the other Aussie for Steve Richards team. Also had Besnard in the Tracer team, so there were probably as many Internationals then as were in the field last weekend.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3258356)   #108
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
But at the time they were known as internationals.
Paul raced the 2ltr here after his BTCC days. It might have been the LK500s I recall seeing him in. I could also be totally wrong about that.

Hey what about Brock, Richards and Johnson etc in the TraNZams.
Bugger this touring car ********, lets get them back.
Er, it might be quite hard to get Brockie back...

But I think The Rat drove a Telstar over here kind of at the same time as Europe or maybe immediately afterwards, because I remember being disappointed that his Mondeo was not here.

Bairdo was driving a BMW at the time, that was quick. I remember all the 2L Supertourers at Puke, plus a bunch of V8 Commodores and other assorted things. Then it rained on Turn 1 (and literally only at that end of the circuit) and something like the first 6 cars all went skating off on their slicks, leaving the slower cars to take the podium positions.

Or am I getting my events mixed up? I went to Puke quite a lot when I was young, I remember Brockie there in a Sierra! And Skaife and Richards in RS32 Skylines.

Last edited by Goat Boy; 6 Jun 2013 at 04:16. Reason: Additional thoughts
Old 6 Jun 2013, 04:17 (Ref:3258358)   #109
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Again;...not quite true. Plenty of other factors involved, ego amoung them!
Luke Youlden is an International driver that drove in nZV8's for ages and so did the other Aussie for Steve Richards team. Also had Besnard in the Tracer team, so there were probably as many Internationals then as were in the field last weekend.
Youlden drover for TKR after the departure of Jason Richards and Angus Fogg if I remember correctly? Does anyone remember who the other TKR sucker oops driver was?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3258363)   #110
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Youlden drover for TKR after the departure of Jason Richards and Angus Fogg if I remember correctly? Does anyone remember who the other TKR sucker oops driver was?
I recall Youlden in the Powerbuilt Falcon a few years back - mainly after he DNF'd at the hairpin at Pukekohe once and the charming crowd gave him the raspberry.

Radisich was in the series briefly in the Yellow Pages AU, then a few years later around '07-09ish in the HPM BA Falcon (updated body from AU anyway. Was Radisich's last 'big' race before retirement in the HPM Falcon? If so then it must've been around 09).
Old 6 Jun 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3258367)   #111
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
didn't we have Bezzy, Youlden and McLean/McConville in NZV8's?
so how many aussies have there been in the series? Jason Bargwanna, David Besnard, Luke Youlden, Steve Owen, Cameron McLean, Shannon O’Brien, Dean Canto.. who else?

would Andy Priaulx be classes as an International driver? I hear he goes all right
Old 6 Jun 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3258369)   #112
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
would Andy Priaulx be classes as an International driver? I hear he goes all right
To take this so, so, so much more off-topic than it already is - why is Priaulx struggling in the DTM at the moment? I haven't followed his career since WTCC, so it was kinda depressing to see him near the back during the TV3 delayed coverage.

Also, add Aaron Slight to the NZV8 'international' mix.

Of course, SuperTourers have had Klien and Bleekemolen - who aren't too shabby either.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3258375)   #113
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
To take this so, so, so much more off-topic than it already is - why is Priaulx struggling in the DTM at the moment? I haven't followed his career since WTCC, so it was kinda depressing to see him near the back during the TV3 delayed coverage.

Also, add Aaron Slight to the NZV8 'international' mix.

Of course, SuperTourers have had Klien and Bleekemolen - who aren't too shabby either.
Klein would be the first former F1 driver to drive tin tops over here in a long long time.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3258394)   #114
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
Please NO. The last thing we need is for Sky to buy up the little remaining FTA motorsports. If V8ST want to grow it's appeal the last thing they should do is sell their soul to Sky and be seen on a channel only seen by a few die hard motorsport fans.
Now this is an interesting post because there have been (the usual ) voices carping on about 'getting what you pay for' and citing the lastest coverage as the beginning (continuation) of the demise of ST.
What did you pay to view it again?
How did you in any way contribute towards the end result?

Raymond, during the time of the tall southern idiot the sport went through a very sucessful phase. I'd attribute that more to the economic conditions at the time and the drive and energy of competitors rather than stunning leadership. And really nothing has changed other than GEC

Over the years New Zealand has managed to attract numerous international drivers to do a round or two. I think the point that was being made was that ST has attracted Internationals to do the full series - sprint or endurance or both.

However, to finish, I think Southern Man is on the money. Choose to be positive, look forward not back.
Ugy, Joe, Brick et al want to dance in the ashs. And then what? What have you contributed? Anyone who maintains a negative binary position is part of the problem IMHO
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:47 (Ref:3258435)   #115
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So if i say the st is the greatest series since sliced bread, can i step out of the fire?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3258438)   #116
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Now this is an interesting post because there have been (the usual ) voices carping on about 'getting what you pay for' and citing the lastest coverage as the beginning (continuation) of the demise of ST.
What did you pay to view it again?
How did you in any way contribute towards the end result?

Raymond, during the time of the tall southern idiot the sport went through a very sucessful phase. I'd attribute that more to the economic conditions at the time and the drive and energy of competitors rather than stunning leadership. And really nothing has changed other than GEC

Over the years New Zealand has managed to attract numerous international drivers to do a round or two. I think the point that was being made was that ST has attracted Internationals to do the full series - sprint or endurance or both.

However, to finish, I think Southern Man is on the money. Choose to be positive, look forward not back.
Ugy, Joe, Brick et al want to dance in the ashs. And then what? What have you contributed? Anyone who maintains a negative binary position is part of the problem IMHO
What he said.

Who was the tall southern idiot though (pardon my ignorance)?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3258442)   #117
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
didn't the "rat' abandon that ship as well ?
Old 6 Jun 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3258443)   #118
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
Joe, want to dance in the ashs. And then what? What have you contributed? Anyone who maintains a negative binary position is part of the problem IMHO
whose ashes are we reffering to ??

as for contributions, helped align plenty of egos into ther respective slots on dummy grid, through to assisting real drivers on their rally journey, to dragging young fellas off the street to show their mates up at track sprints.
quite a few hundred maybe the odd thousand hours for the betterment of the sport, but diddly squat compared to plenty of other who tread the similar path,

what's your backround mr Icarus ???
Old 6 Jun 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3258444)   #119
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
didn't the "rat' abandon that ship as well ?
I think that his TKR crash pretty much ended his run with them due to injury,
( and ended TKR itself too probably)
Old 6 Jun 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3258726)   #120
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
I think that his TKR crash pretty much ended his run with them due to injury,
( and ended TKR itself too probably)
Yeah DJ finally ran out of suppliers who would take his word that they would get paid....

Although I think TKR, like Voldemort, still survive in the shadows somewhere...

http://www.teamkiwiracing.co.nz/
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:07 (Ref:3258762)   #121
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I think young-gun Jack Kofoed is sponsored by TKR is he not?
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3258775)   #122
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Im pretty sure its JKR for Jack Kofoed Racing. He has however been burnt by Big Dave recently to the tune of $10k.

There should be something written on the back of every new MSNZ licence issued warning all the new young people about the pie mans history.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3258781)   #123
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
Im pretty sure its JKR for Jack Kofoed Racing. He has however been burnt by Big Dave recently to the tune of $10k.

There should be something written on the back of every new MSNZ licence issued warning all the new young people about the pie mans history.

Hahaha, yes agree with you there.

Check this...http://www.v8st.co.nz/images/assets/...entry_list.pdf

And look at the entry list for the Cogent cup, and it says TKR as a sponsor. Do you think this could be a type-o? To be honest I have not seen any reference to TKR as such on the car, so you may be right.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 01:32 (Ref:3258787)   #124
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Totally off subject but I think you have most of the words but in the wrong order.

Should it not read TKR is sponsored by Young-gun etc.etc.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 04:17 (Ref:3258796)   #125
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Totally off subject but I think you have most of the words but in the wrong order.

Should it not read TKR is sponsored by Young-gun etc.etc.