Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Jan 2016, 22:50 (Ref:3607749)   #101
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Ok, so everyone who has issues with the way IMSA BoPs and administers FCYs will NOT be watching, correct? Because I really don't want to follow a thread where it is non-stop moaning and whinging about some regulation/rule/philosophy THAT IS ALREADY IN PLACE AND CAN'T BE CHANGED.
That's right, because if you don't like it you shouldn't say anything. Nothing but rainbows and happiness.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 23:01 (Ref:3607750)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think that is the point. There is ample opportunity to register disgust at this and even discuss it.
However, to do that at the expense of all other discussion is one dimensional, boring, selfish and stops other discussion. This is what happens. It is very frustrating for others as it is like being in a room with someone continually shouting the same thing over and over again. It's very anti-discussion.

Don't worry there remains opportunity to discuss that topic. Although it would be nice if something new was said on the topic. Where is the enjoyment in only ranting about one narrow topic?

I'm one who hates the artificial nature of it. I like the long game. However I like to think about other things too. Stops me getting bored, or being boring.

Instead it just means other new topics get drowned out by something that has been said before.
Old 24 Jan 2016, 23:04 (Ref:3607751)   #103
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
That's right, because if you don't like it you shouldn't say anything. Nothing but rainbows and happiness.
FACE, meet PALM. No one is saying your gripes aren't legitimate or based. Just don't act like a jerk and point out the same issue you have multiple times ALREADY. You suck the life out of folks who are trying to have some fun.

Last edited by merlot brougham; 24 Jan 2016 at 23:11.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3607765)   #104
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don't think that is the point. There is ample opportunity to register disgust at this and even discuss it.
However, to do that at the expense of all other discussion is one dimensional, boring, selfish and stops other discussion. This is what happens. It is very frustrating for others as it is like being in a room with someone continually shouting the same thing over and over again. It's very anti-discussion.

Don't worry there remains opportunity to discuss that topic. Although it would be nice if something new was said on the topic. Where is the enjoyment in only ranting about one narrow topic?

I'm one who hates the artificial nature of it. I like the long game. However I like to think about other things too. Stops me getting bored, or being boring.

Instead it just means other new topics get drowned out by something that has been said before.
Don't worry, if they can't talk about it here, they'll take it to twitter and tell everyone there thinking what they have to say matters to anyone in charge.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 00:25 (Ref:3607767)   #105
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question in a different direction - are the raw timing and scoring data files publicly available? I've seen some people referencing IMSA making them available somehow, but don't know where to find them. Looking for the detail of all laps and all sector times. Thanks.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3607769)   #106
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin993 View Post
Question in a different direction - are the raw timing and scoring data files publicly available? I've seen some people referencing IMSA making them available somehow, but don't know where to find them. Looking for the detail of all laps and all sector times. Thanks.
http://imsatiming.com/Results/2016/W...0Championship/
Old 25 Jan 2016, 00:49 (Ref:3607771)   #107
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marvelous. Gold star for you. Thanks much.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 02:46 (Ref:3607787)   #108
Paige
Rookie

United States
Southeast Texas
Paige should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Um. I love this. I can't wait to find some free time to study it in-depth (I'm a bit of a stat nerd & I love comparing driver stats)

Thank you.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 15:28 (Ref:3607875)   #109
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTD season preview http://nasportscar.com/what-to-expect-in-2016-imsa-gtd/
Old 25 Jan 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3607988)   #110
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post

Good pick for the drivers title but the new Ferrari is in its first year so reliability will indeed be a big question. Hopefully they get the bugs ironed out early in the season.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 04:59 (Ref:3608017)   #111
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The Ten-Tenths hosted 2016 Official IMSA Spotter Guide is live and shows off a number of liveries for the first time!

Download at http://www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/16imsa/

Old 26 Jan 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3608020)   #112
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Andy! Great work as always.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3608023)   #113
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
One thing I didn't mention earlier was that the manufacturers competing in the class may actually like the rules that create close competition, so while it's easy (for me) to blame the series rules it is possible that they were asked to make the rules in that way. It also gives a company the ability to blame something else, ie balance of performance, instead of admitting their car is deficient compared to the competition.
I tend to think the manufacturers do want the ridiculous BoP, for this very reason.. How can you sell a racing program to the Board of Directors if you know that you might not even come close to being competitive?

Would BMW even bother if they really had to go head-to-head with Ferrari? I am sure the new car is bad a$$ and all, but I also am pretty sure not a lot is going to hang with a 488 without a lot of help.

Manufacturers know they have a decent chance to get wins and podiums no matter what kind of cars they choose to market. They might fight for more of an edge, but they really don't mind the harsh leveling ... they All benefit.

Racing is a Product now, not a sport. Sorry.

By the way ... I accept all this and watch the "sport" for what it is, with as few illusions/delusions ans possible, and for all the fun I can get from it, because after all, it is still a bunch of fairly fine-looking loud fast cars competing to be fastest. Even if it is only entertainment, it is still entertaining. It might not be racing, but then, so much I enjoy isn't.

Last edited by Maelochs; 26 Jan 2016 at 06:39.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 10:55 (Ref:3608076)   #114
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Because, conversely, you can't lose with BoP. When they approach the board they can basically say "we don't have to spend all out on the best money can buy, we'll be able to be competitive".

Let's be honest though, of the more prestigious GT3 races, Mercedes and, in particular, Audi have managed to establish themselves as constant winners, almost in spite of BoP.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3608089)   #115
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that's a very good point. We sit and complain about the BoP, and in some cases (Aston Martin), it's a very valid complaint. But with Mercedes and Audi running the best teams and constantly winning, doesn't it prove the best wins anyway?
Old 26 Jan 2016, 12:31 (Ref:3608094)   #116
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ones spending most money on participating usually also have biggest politics bargaining powers too.

AMR (in GTE) being the exception...
Old 26 Jan 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3608134)   #117
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTLM Preview http://nasportscar.com/what-to-expec...016-imsa-gtlm/
Old 26 Jan 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3608136)   #118
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So far the forecast looks good for the race. Highs around 70 and lows around 50 with minimal wind.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 15:40 (Ref:3608150)   #119
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post

Racing is a Product now, not a sport. Sorry.

By the way ... I accept all this and watch the "sport" for what it is, with as few illusions/delusions ans possible, and for all the fun I can get from it, because after all, it is still a bunch of fairly fine-looking loud fast cars competing to be fastest. Even if it is only entertainment, it is still entertaining. It might not be racing, but then, so much I enjoy isn't.
Great post! There is a huge adjustment to accepting the change, which honestly was always taking place, and going forward. Every generation will hear stories about 'the good old days,' and in lots of cases those 'good old days' are of variable eras, depending on the age of the geezer celebrating them (I count myself a geezer now, groan).

Daytona is a magic place. Racing cars will run around for 24 Hours. There is something absurd in watching the cars at 3am and knowing they have another half day to go. Seeing the cars at dawn, still rushing around, but having lost some of the luster of their glorious Madison Avenue designed liveries as the grime from the task accumulates, and bumps and scrapes happen. It was always that way, hopefully always will be.

Last edited by skycafe; 26 Jan 2016 at 16:28. Reason: spelling
Old 26 Jan 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3608160)   #120
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths hosted 2016 Official IMSA Spotter Guide is live and shows off a number of liveries for the first time!

Download at http://www.spotterguides.com/portfolio/16imsa/

Thank you much! Superb as always.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:04 (Ref:3608188)   #121
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Going out on a limb and saying a Corvette DP will win overall Seriously, the lmp2's are quick, but I have a suspicion that the DP guys aren't giving it there all so far. In GTLM I'm guessing it's the Ford or the Vette. In GTD I'm picking the Viper guys.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3608237)   #122
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Going out on a limb and saying a Corvette DP will win overall Seriously, the lmp2's are quick, but I have a suspicion that the DP guys aren't giving it there all so far. In GTLM I'm guessing it's the Ford or the Vette. In GTD I'm picking the Viper guys.
RLL and Turner BMW's being overlooked.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3608238)   #123
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just perusing the Spotters Guide and saw the 20 BAR1 Livery:

Old 26 Jan 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3608242)   #124
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just perusing the Spotters Guide and saw the 20 BAR1 Livery:

They shoulda just ran the number 200 and put LANDER after it.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3608244)   #125
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope Tomy Drissi doesn't get ****ed off at anyone for no reason.