Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 May 2004, 17:23 (Ref:987384)   #101
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TeddyG
[B]I don't know if you have me on ignore or what Ralf fan (wouldn't surprise me really given my past posts reguarding the driver that bears your name)[QUOTE]

i thought it was in the forum rules.... rule no. 101: "thou shalt ignore Teddy":confused:

No i did read your post about PH's comments that Williams want a race winner.... but since i did not see a link to an article i thought it must be one of those quotes taken out of context....
Old 29 May 2004, 17:28 (Ref:987390)   #102
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And after all, there are many race winners out there.

Jack Brabham is a shoe-in.
Old 29 May 2004, 17:29 (Ref:987391)   #103
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
PH's comments that Williams want a race winner....
Precisely our point!
Old 29 May 2004, 22:51 (Ref:987650)   #104
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Michael Schumacher actually fit that bill?
Old 30 May 2004, 08:34 (Ref:987846)   #105
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or Jano Trulli, Fernando Alonso, Kimi?
Old 30 May 2004, 10:43 (Ref:988010)   #106
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
And after all, there are many race winners out there.
Jack Brabham is a shoe-in.
john surtees too........
Old 30 May 2004, 19:09 (Ref:988529)   #107
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seems Mr. Donaldson rates the likelihood of JV's return to F1 next as year as 75-80 percent.
Old 30 May 2004, 19:11 (Ref:988530)   #108
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania

Who's Donaldson anyway, and what's his position in Williams or BMW? And are the remaining 25-20% accounted for?
Old 30 May 2004, 19:20 (Ref:988541)   #109
Kirk
Veteran

I take it you didn't like his odds?
Old 30 May 2004, 19:28 (Ref:988547)   #110
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be nice to let us in on who Donaldson is for those of us who don't know.
Old 30 May 2004, 19:28 (Ref:988548)   #111
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
there is a 75% chance that JV will be back....

That is 75 divided by 100... this gives us 0.75

Now presuming that he goes to Williams or Toyota where 2 seats will be available.... you have to take into account the probability for seat no 1 and 2

hence this will be 0.75 x 0.75 which gives us .56.... multiplied by 100 to give us

a 56% chance of a JV return... doesnt sound so overwhelming now does it?

Last edited by ralf fan; 30 May 2004 at 19:29.
Old 30 May 2004, 19:30 (Ref:988552)   #112
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ive got another method showing an 18% chance of a JV return... wanna see??
Old 31 May 2004, 00:29 (Ref:988758)   #113
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerald Donaldson is an F1 analyst on the canadian TV channel TSN
Old 31 May 2004, 07:06 (Ref:988876)   #114
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
I take it you didn't like his odds?
No, i really don't care if he comes or comes not. I'm just bored and annoyed knowing that for the next 5-10 years that Donaldson dude will flood us with his percentages. Untill he finally gets a round number. Be it 1 or 100.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:21 (Ref:988989)   #115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can I just say it is possible for someone to
  • not hate Jacques Villeneuve
AND
  • think it is unlikely for him to come back
Old 31 May 2004, 09:28 (Ref:988994)   #116
hamsmith
Racer

You can say it but can I just say that by not hateing him doesn't indicate that someone likes him either.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:36 (Ref:989002)   #117
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Evidently Jacques was seen at NASA recently...testing a new Mars buggy. Probably has a better chance of getting there than he does getting back into F1.
He should just go to CART (or whatever) and soon to be joined by JPM, who has done his dash in F1 - just doesnt belong there. Or he could go to DTM and join Ralf and a few other F1 has-beens or never-was's.
Old 31 May 2004, 09:51 (Ref:989015)   #118
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
You can say it but can I just say that by not hateing him doesn't indicate that someone likes him either.
The point of my post was more general and wasn't meant to get lost in semantics.

It is possible to have any combination of like or dislike with will or won't come back. Yet all be blummin' arguing (not discussion if you want to pick you on any semantics in this post) about it how the first is responsible for the second. Hence

1. You think he won't come back because you a blind Villeneuve hater.
2. Ah, but you think he will come back because you are a blind JV fan.
1. but you hate him and don't listen to me
2. that is because you love him and don't listen.

That is fantastic for a discussion forum.
Old 31 May 2004, 12:56 (Ref:989216)   #119
Kirk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
Evidently Jacques was seen at NASA recently...testing a new Mars buggy. Probably has a better chance of getting there than he does getting back into F1.
He should just go to CART (or whatever) and soon to be joined by JPM, who has done his dash in F1 - just doesnt belong there. Or he could go to DTM and join Ralf and a few other F1 has-beens or never-was's.
Sounds as if you're a tad bitter towards F1 in general. JPM (similar to JV) is agressive but refreshingly so. That incident last race could happen to anyone but his relentless style sure beats playing the all to prevalent follow the leader, maybe I can pass him in the pits mentality!
Old 31 May 2004, 20:54 (Ref:989618)   #120
hamsmith
Racer

Here is a fact. Well it's a fact that Rod Dennis speculating.

www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=27620&s=5
Old 31 May 2004, 20:59 (Ref:989622)   #121
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Next!
Old 31 May 2004, 22:50 (Ref:989711)   #122
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
Sounds as if you're a tad bitter towards F1 in general. JPM (similar to JV) is agressive but refreshingly so. That incident last race could happen to anyone but his relentless style sure beats playing the all to prevalent follow the leader, maybe I can pass him in the pits mentality!
Not at all.

It's just that most JPM and JV fans HATE the Shoe with a passion (he's aggressive too, why don't they like him?) and will villify MS for anything that they can. But if anyone dares to knock their man, they attack with a frenzy and get personal.

Race fans are like dog owners - you can tell what they're like from the dog they have.

By the way, I'm a Webber fan - just a real nice guy!

Last edited by deeks6; 31 May 2004 at 22:51.
Old 31 May 2004, 23:01 (Ref:989715)   #123
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
deeks66,

Its strange to read your post above and calling JPM and JV fans as 'shoe' haters, when a certain deeks6 has posted following just some nours ago:

ORIGINALLY QUOTED BY DEEKS6:

Coming out of a Webber fan... can we deduce something here?? NO

Please dont generalize your opinion. I, for one, am not a TGF fan. Yet I am not a JPM or JV fan either. Not all 'Shoe' fans are JPM or JV haters and not all 'Button' fans are Webber haters. Its just ridiculous to classify the fans into certain categories.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 04:19 (Ref:989836)   #124
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice observation freud. Even though I am a passionate JV fan I actually enjoy watching and admire both JPM and Shumi although I admire Shumi more.

Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
Here is a fact. Well it's a fact that Rod Dennis speculating.

www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=27620&s=5
Great posting hamsmith!
Add Ron Denis to the list of Bernie Ecclestone, David Coultard, Fisichella, Flavio Briatore, Panis, Peter Sauber, Eddie Irvine, Martin Brundle, Patrick Head, etc, etc, etc. of people who believe it is likely that Villeneuve will return next season.

And the doubters still insist that the JV fans are insane for beliving that the odds are at least 50-50 for a JV return.

Last edited by TeddyG; 1 Jun 2004 at 04:20.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 1 Jun 2004, 04:26 (Ref:989839)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It also says "Frank Williams ............... no firm date for "the" Villienevue test". Which could be read to mean they have agreed a test but no date. So as Knowlesey says. "Next".