Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Mar 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2852529)   #1376
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With regards to bamboo, there is a sidebar in the WTCC report in today's autosport suggesting that bamboo are going to upgrade to a 1.6 Cruze from the zolder round. Perhaps the lacettis will be available then?
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2852541)   #1377
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The Chevy livery looks like it's been designed before they knew about the door number layout changes. Big space on the front door/wing.
Pure speculation, but could this space be for an additional sponsor that is still to finalise / fallen through?

The Silverline seems to take up the same space as 2010, possibly as part of existing agreement.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2852577)   #1378
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dissapointed about STR but not surprised about Bamboo and Forster aren't there.

The livery on those techspeeds is also pretty sweet, I hope Paul O'Neill has a great season this year, I believe he certainly has the car now.

I'm also hoping that the no show of the Austin Audi's today aren't a bad sign for Brands Hatch.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2852587)   #1379
Superstars
Rookie

Superstars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The orange Avensis looks very good, the Purple Cruze could have been better, but I don't like this new numbers layout! However there's plenty of colours on the grid! Good!
Old 24 Mar 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2852601)   #1380
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I'm also hoping that the no show of the Austin Audi's today aren't a bad sign for Brands Hatch.
Wouldn't read too much into it.

Of the 3 cars GPR are building, only the Avensis of Tony Hughes ran. Wrathall's didn't, I assume the A4 hasn't been finished yet as no pics of it at Silverstone.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2852609)   #1381
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The Chevy livery looks like it's been designed before they knew about the door number layout changes. Big space on the front door/wing.
Isn't it the same as the new WTCC livery with added Silverline decals?
Old 24 Mar 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2852684)   #1382
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the new Chevy livery to be honest, I like the Tech Speed livery too.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2852691)   #1383
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
So is there any information on the no-shows? Is this entry list final? Can entries be added between now and Brands?
Old 24 Mar 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2852729)   #1384
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So is there any information on the no-shows? Is this entry list final? Can entries be added between now and Brands?
As I understand it, entries are accepted until the point by which 32 registrations have been submitted. Anyone entering from this point will have to be a 'late comers' premium on the entry fees and any driver registering after the 1st April could have a weight penalty applied for their first meeting. I think there is a sliding scale on the number of engines a late entry can use depending on the number of events left in the season.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 22:37 (Ref:2852772)   #1385
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On RAR's Facebook someone asked a couple of days ago if they'll be at the media day... this was RAR's response

"Sadly not... Its not that suppliers are causing issues, we are just building the suspense… honest… We will be at Brands though for sure!"

I did pop along today and even though the Vectras use the same engine as the TOCA Toyota, the Vectra's were far louder! And much louder than any other car in fact!
Old 24 Mar 2011, 23:52 (Ref:2852810)   #1386
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I thought the Avensis was running its own Toyota block, built by and paid for by Toyota themselves?
Old 25 Mar 2011, 00:33 (Ref:2852825)   #1387
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, all the Avensis' use the same Toyota engine. Wrathall's didn't run because of a lack of gearbox, and the Speedworks car had issues, but TOCA's own prototype was in action (didn't find out who was behind the wheel).

Geoff Steel Racing had one BMW in the garage and another in the truck, so they definitely have two chassis.

And yep, those Vectras are far louder than anything else. Jeff Smith's sounded like it had a broken exhaust or something like that at one point.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:40 (Ref:2852848)   #1388
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tim Harvey in the GPR Avensis.

Saw the 2 GSR cars, other one's completely unliviered currently.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:50 (Ref:2852850)   #1389
davidjones
Rookie

England
Nottingham
davidjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to Warren Hughes at the media day yesterday, and he told me they had some engine issues and were restricted to 4800 revs. Having only got the car on Tuesday, and running it for the first time yesterday as more of a shake down, I suppose they didn't expect to get much running in.

I hope the lack of running doesn't affect these full NGTC cars too much. Good luck to Warren and the rest.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 01:52 (Ref:2852851)   #1390
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Warren? For someone you'd talk to you wouldn't think you'd get his name wrong twice
Old 25 Mar 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2852902)   #1391
CKM
Rookie

CKM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nice afternoon at Silverstone yesterday, it was warm, sunny and I took some photos

Struggled with my new camera and have deleted more than I have kept but was able to get to get to a couple of places I shouldn't have been

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2837212...7626220404245/
Old 25 Mar 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2852921)   #1392
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Yep, all the Avensis' use the same Toyota engine...
I stand corrected! I thought only one of the Avensis' had a Toyaota developed engine? That being Wrathall's I think... I was hoping to view the Toyota's times from yesterday but that doesn't seem possible
Old 25 Mar 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2852924)   #1393
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Yep, all the Avensis' use the same Toyota engine.
Incorrect.
Wrathals car will use the toyota engine developed by toyota.
Speedworks car uses the TOCA engine.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2852933)   #1394
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good day yesterday, great to see the cars on track. Thought the Avensis' looked fantastic, shame only Hughes ran (and it didn't sound very well...), and the Tech-Speed Lacettis look good too. Shame about the engine in the Golf, I was looking forward to seeing TOC setting some times with it, but fair play to him for staying positive and spending some time chatting to fans.

Some photos here...
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2852943)   #1395
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Incorrect.
Wrathals car will use the toyota engine developed by toyota.
Speedworks car uses the TOCA engine.

Agreed, the original NGTC prtotype (black) Avensis had the TOCA engine too, not sure whether Speedworks bought this car or whether there's is a seperate new build.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2852948)   #1396
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Speedworks and Dynojet cars are both new builds, the TOCA prototype was running yesterday.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2852956)   #1397
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport site says Phil Glew is in talks with Arena for the third AON seat.

And Tony Gilham will be giving away his Vectra at the end of the season.

http://www.tonygilham.com/
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2852981)   #1398
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see the AON Focii are carrying Auto Windscreens sponsorship. Didn't they go bust completely or was there a late rescue package I'm unaware of?
Old 25 Mar 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2852986)   #1399
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I see the AON Focii are carrying Auto Windscreens sponsorship. Didn't they go bust completely or was there a late rescue package I'm unaware of?
It was bought out of administration.
Old 25 Mar 2011, 12:07 (Ref:2852991)   #1400
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah right. Just done a quick search and it was more than that, it was liquidated and closed completely. They must be honouring previous sponsorship commitments.