Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jul 2010, 05:39 (Ref:2730995)   #1401
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be thanks to:

Luc Alphand (LAA)
Patrick Sellesagh (SRT)
Christian Schumacher (PSI)
Mike Hezemans (GLPK/PK Carsport)
Anthony Kumpen (PK Carsport)
DK Engineering
and others.

L.P.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 06:27 (Ref:2731009)   #1402
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I know, Toine not Mike.

L.P.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2731057)   #1403
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
That would be thanks to:

Luc Alphand (LAA)
Patrick Sellesagh (SRT)
DK Engineering
and others.

L.P.
those are all gt1 cars, i was talking about gt2, and the sold every chassis they built is easyily explained if they build by order
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2731154)   #1404
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That would be thanks to:

Luc Alphand (LAA)
Patrick Sellesagh (SRT)
DK Engineering
and others.
seems like Alphand bought the most, not looking into results it seems he had a good five-year run at Le Mans running the Vettes.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2731156)   #1405
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
those are all gt1 cars, i was talking about gt2, and the sold every chassis they built is easyily explained if they build by order
They were not built to order. They were almost all run by Corvette Racing!

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 23 Jul 2010 at 13:20.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2731198)   #1406
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
seems like Alphand bought the most, not looking into results it seems he had a good five-year run at Le Mans running the Vettes.
Purchased from Corvette

Alphand, 1 C5.R - 2 C6.R
Selleslagh, 2 C5.R - 1 C6.R
Schumacher, 1 C5.R - 1 C6.R
Hezemans, 2 C6.R
Kumpen, 1 C5.R

and then the inter-team shuffling on the Continent.

Balance of cars built mostly went directly to collecters after being run by Corvette.

L.P.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 17:11 (Ref:2731299)   #1407
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
not when ferrari and porsche are half the price of the corvette, and in europe and basicly the rest of the world porsche and ferrari attract more sponsors! So that leaves only the US ALMS for a perspective buyer and I am not sure a lot of people are ready to spend lots and lots of cash whaen they know they can;t beat the factory team. so my guess is that the number of corvettes sold will be very low
Half the price? Looking at advertised 'sticker' and nothing else? You can't field a Ferrari in ALMS for less than $750,000 ready-to-race. (One knowledgeable party told me $800,000.)

Now, if there's a factory team in the class, then yes, that's a "disincentive." On the other hand Porsche has always fielded "factory teams," though they use various slight-of-hand to disguise it.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2731303)   #1408
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
My understanding is that Luc has actually bought 0 Corvettes. He just ran them. The two regular LAA C6.Rs (not the LM2010 cars) are believed to have been purchased by a prominent member of the Rothschild family.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2732823)   #1409
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do remember Luc saying they refrained from using their other Corvette at Le Mans after they lost the other one in the fire, in order not to risk the 2nd car which was destined for a private collector.

I don't know how expensive the GT3 Vette is but there's quite a few of those driving around Europe in GT3 and national championships.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2732852)   #1410
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After reading about the expensive GT2 Corvette, i can only feel sad about the fact that the Markland Racing project failed.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2750901)   #1411
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Well if the realignment of drivers, Beretta and O'Connell in #3 Corvette & Gavin and Magnussen in #4 Corvette works at Mosport then I would venture that it will be permanant. So probably Olivier, Johnny and Antonio in #3 & Olly, Jan and Manu in the #4 for endurance rounds.

L.P.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2751120)   #1412
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Signs that Corvette wasn't happy with the results and are trying to revamp things?

Would have been nice seeing Beretta and Magnussen together but they are their strongest 2 I think.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2751142)   #1413
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Signs that Corvette wasn't happy with the results and are trying to revamp things?

Would have been nice seeing Beretta and Magnussen together but they are their strongest 2 I think.
That may have been the case in the past but Gavin has been lights out quick lately; Magnussen has always been fast. They now have the two (currently) fastest drivers in the #4 car.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2751185)   #1414
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news for Corvette?

http://www.autoextremist.com/fumes1/

Any new on customer cars coming to Europe particularly as there will be an ILMC title for GTE.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2751244)   #1415
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
What is your favourite Yellow/Black livery on the vette? I'm interested for a reason which will become clear next week
Old 27 Aug 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2751250)   #1416
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
'09 GT-1 reversed, car to car, color scheme of black on yellow and yellow on black.

L.P.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2751251)   #1417
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
What is your favourite Yellow/Black livery on the vette? I'm interested for a reason which will become clear next week
Loved the BBV livery from Laguna Seca 08.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2751257)   #1418
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
'09 GT-1 reversed, car to car, color scheme of black on yellow and yellow on black.

L.P.
Agree, indeed looking great, also my favourite livery...

Old 28 Aug 2010, 01:58 (Ref:2751277)   #1419
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Maybe I'm boring, but I perfer the C5R livery with solid yellow and the black back. One year (might have been '05?) they ran with a black stripe down the side.

Of the GT2 liveries, I like last years MUCH more than the current livery.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2751348)   #1420
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
I liked the special livery from Laguna Seca the other year with Jake's skull on the hood.
The GT1 liveries from last year (all black and all yellow) were also to my liking.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2751649)   #1421
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My favorite is the solid Yellow with Black touch, as i have always been a fan of manufactures running solid easy to spot colour schemes.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2752275)   #1422
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Shame you had to say yellow and black, 'cause the best one was the Le Mans '03 one.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2752289)   #1423
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
What is your favourite Yellow/Black livery on the vette?
ALL BLACK, no yellow...next question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
I'm interested for a reason which will become clear next week
Hmmm...very interesting. Looking forward to the reason becoming clear.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2752299)   #1424
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved the predominantly black, LM'09 livery.

A reversal of the current livery probably wouldn't look too bad, either (i.e. Darker front section/yellow rear).
Old 31 Aug 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2752515)   #1425
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ok, thanks all. I love the almost all black version TBH.