Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2888149)   #1426
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Ticking over was it Tim?
Think about it Gordon.
Old 30 May 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2888181)   #1427
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am lost Tim, (not hard admittedly) can you explain the 1000 revs thing?
Old 30 May 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2888202)   #1428
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Max revs for these is about 7k rpm. The main run was 5.2 seconds at a terminal speed of about 300 mph. So divide 7000 by 60 seconds, multi ply by 5.2 and the rest is tickover at about 300 rpm plus a 2or 3 second burnout at probably 4K.
Old 30 May 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2888272)   #1429
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I am sure you will join with me in commiserating with Iain following the news that Reading will not be playing in the premiership next season.
Old 30 May 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2888314)   #1430
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Look on the bright side Compte . . . Brighton and Hove Albion have a fantastic new stadium, on the hills of the south coast of a chalky, well drained, beautiful country, its terroir premier. Your more than welcome to visit, indulge in the local delicacies . . the Royals will be visiting at some point . . they should be greatful. The premiership is not a sporting arena.
Old 30 May 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2888323)   #1431
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Even worse is the fact that we have a Welsh side in the English Premier league, what's that all about?
Old 30 May 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2888355)   #1432
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I am sure you will join with me in commiserating with Iain following the news that Reading will not be playing in the premiership next season.
On the other hand, from what I read about the QPR ticket price changes for next year, NOT getting promotion may well be a good thing as far as fans are concerned. One assumes that owners have a primary interest in capitalising the success with football coming second.
Old 30 May 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2888438)   #1433
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>One assumes that owners have a primary interest in capitalising the success with football coming second.

It's something F1 fans will have sympathy for.....and seeing as one of QPR's big cheeses is one BC Ecclestone, hardly surprising.
Old 31 May 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2888615)   #1434
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
>>>>>One assumes that owners have a primary interest in capitalising the success with football coming second.

It's something F1 fans will have sympathy for.....and seeing as one of QPR's big cheeses is one BC Ecclestone, hardly surprising.
Does that mean we will now have pit stops in the middle of a footy match even if they have red flagged it whilst cutting the netting off the goal posts? Every thing that man involves himself in he F......p.
Old 31 May 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2888659)   #1435
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Not to mention Flavio. He was poncing around at Monaco over the weekend as if he still owned a racing team. I thought he had been banned. So what is that all about?
Old 31 May 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2888677)   #1436
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Not to mention Flavio. He was poncing around at Monaco over the weekend as if he still owned a racing team. I thought he had been banned. So what is that all about?
He's a bit of a fattie these days as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvDNN...ature=youtu.be
Old 31 May 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2888681)   #1437
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post

What a strange clip.

Nice to see Bernie supporting the FIA stance on worldwide road safety by almost wearing a seat belt.
Old 31 May 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2888687)   #1438
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
What a strange clip.

Nice to see Bernie supporting the FIA stance on worldwide road safety by almost wearing a seat belt.
...and why are Clarkson & Co wearing skid lids and their passengers not?
Old 31 May 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2888691)   #1439
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
I wasn't going to mention that.
Old 31 May 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2888703)   #1440
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
BE looks more like the evil emperor from Star wars every day . . .
Old 31 May 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2888723)   #1441
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Blimey who ate all the pies? Or was it Pasta!
Old 31 May 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2888725)   #1442
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Because they know what ****e drivers they are!
Old 31 May 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2888741)   #1443
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:

He must be doing something that gives him the munchies. What other explanation is there for the weight explosion?
Old 31 May 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2888749)   #1444
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
He must be doing something that gives him the munchies. What other explanation is there for the weight explosion?
Wide angle lens used for in car filming will tend to exaggerate things - note that the Top Gear 'Star Chauffeurs' are the opposite side to the camera and so continue to look, err, more svelte than their passengers.

That said BE's mate was seen in a video of a walkabout from last year's Monaco party and looked somewhat rotund then.

Any larger and he could take up footie as a goalkeeper. Blocking the entire goal would be one way stopping the other team winning - a strategy he may already have worked out.
Old 31 May 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2888773)   #1445
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So he's no longer the fine figure of a man we see here, then?...

Sorry but that picture is bit too much so I've changed it to a linky. Decency and vomit warning; TF

Last edited by Tim Falce; 31 May 2011 at 15:08.
Old 31 May 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2888776)   #1446
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan I have just been sick all over my keyboard.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 31 May 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2888803)   #1447
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I'm going to have nightmares about that pic...

Re the Top Gear guys wearing overalls etc....'elf'n'safety. Thankfully the BBC is so risk averse they stick their guys in protective overalls just to wipe their noses. I make a tidy sum in supplying TV clothing, although I didn't supply those unfortunately. (Or should I say fortunately) Mind you, it seems the richer the star, the more they expect these things for free so someone got suckered into giving away the A-Stars stuff.
Old 31 May 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2888817)   #1448
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Last time I saw a fine figure of a man like that was when I looked in the mirror this morning.
Old 31 May 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2888820)   #1449
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't you on a video with some of the Top Gear folk Al?
Old 31 May 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2888852)   #1450
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont start him off again!!!!!!!!!!!