Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2451378)   #126
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Yes, that goes without saying.
No, it needed to be said
Old 24 May 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2468397)   #127
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PROOF THAT DANICA RULES ALL. EVAR.

Race Control tells the truth
Old 26 May 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2469351)   #128
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Have to say on that result Danica is the best US open wheeler driver.......F1 contract can't be far away now...
Old 26 May 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2469544)   #129
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Her crew gave her good stops and a good race car....she didn't have anything for Wheldon at the end...

Not taking anything away from her run on Sunday, because it was a good one, but she wasn't one of the five fastest cars on the track...the Target cars both had mistakes in the pits on their last stops that dropped them back and it was tough to pass on Sunday due to the hot and greasy conditions....they just couldn't make up the ground that they lost.

I was more impressed with Townsend Bell and Rafael Matos (until he wrecked Meira) than anyone else I watched, and i was there

Conway also did a nice job of moving up until late race mistakes by the crew, etc., cost him spots...He was knocking on the Top Ten

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 May 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2472361)   #130
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must've been a great experience Tim - that your 1st 500 you been too?
Old 31 May 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2472418)   #131
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Must've been a great experience Tim - that your 1st 500 you been too?

I've only missed five Indy 500s since 1967, and I was only 8 years old on my first....

I saw the STP turbines (first with Parnelli in that first race, then the Colin Chapman cars the next year), the 190 mph, 200, mph, etc., barriers broken, all the way up to the fastest laps ever in qualifying in 1996 by Arie Luyendyk....Dan Gurney drive two consecutively gorgeous races to finish second in 1968 and 1969...Mario's only win...also, the one that he was declared the winner (1981), but then over-ruled in a lengthy court case to have Bobby Unser win...Johncock and Mears run virtually wheel-to-wheel for the final 20 laps with a breathtaking finish in 1982...Lil' Al's win over Goodyear in 1992...AJ's fourth victory in 1977...back-to-back wins by Al Sr. in 70 and 71, as well as helio's controversial back-to-backs in 2001 (I was there...IMO, the yellow was out) and the more convincing in 2002...Sam Hornish set up the pass in Turn 3 to beat Marco in 2006, when one lap before, marco shut the door so hard in turn 3 (right in front of my seats) that i didn't think Sam could come back...he was 10 car lengths back coming out of turn 4....until he roared down the backstretch on the last lap and ate up ground like he was a giant vacuum cleaner sucking Marco to him and ultimately passing him on the home straight...

I've seen amazing things at Indy...the place is still magical to me....

Old 31 May 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2472646)   #132
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Thats fantastic - i could only dream of maybe being lucky enough to see one . Though when i did backpack the US about 15 years ago, i did go to the Speedway & do a tour...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2487768)   #133
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that's that settled then.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2487773)   #134
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
... and on an oval nonetheless ...
Old 21 Jun 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2487787)   #135
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say this is a surprise. "Danica VS Mike" was more interesting to me than the "hair bet" of Franchitti and Tony. Now Danica needs to find a good answer to today's result at Richmond.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2487834)   #136
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Job done Mike.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2487878)   #137
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DanicaFan?

Good stuff Mike, didn't see the race but a solid finish. Should give him some confidence on the ovals.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2487986)   #138
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I knew when Mike did it, DanicaFan would be no where to be found....
Old 22 Jun 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2488217)   #139
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I knew when Mike did it, DanicaFan would be no where to be found....
But yet he is replying to other threads!

Well now that this ridiculous bet is done (even if the person who made it won't acknowledge it), anyone else up for more silly stuff? Danica to win all the races left this year?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2488470)   #140
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Conway had a great run yesterday and made some really daring passes...DRR finally gave their drivers decent cars that worked well in traffic and could pass using multiple racing lines...

What exactly was the wager again?

That Conway would not finish ahead of Danica in any race this season that both finished? (or at least something to that effect)

Old 22 Jun 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2488497)   #141
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
That Conway would not finish ahead of Danica in any race this season that both finished? (or at least something to that effect)
Exactly that. If they both finished, Conway would not be classified higher than Danica. We all expected that the most obvious places this would happen would be a road course. But Conway out raced Danica on an oval.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2488525)   #142
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Exactly that. If they both finished, Conway would not be classified higher than Danica. We all expected that the most obvious places this would happen would be a road course. But Conway out raced Danica on an oval.

He certainly seemed to be a fast learner on a track where things happen VERY quickly, indeed....

Nice job, Mike....

Old 22 Jun 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2488588)   #143
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will just say that him finishing higher than her was a fluke. You know what they say about a blind squirrel.

Danica's car was handling worse as the day went on. But, you wont see her finish behind him in another race.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2488593)   #144
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
You know what they say about a blind squirrel.
Is it "even a blind squirrel can beat Danica occasionally"?
Quote:
Danica's car was handling worse as the day went on. But, you wont see her finish behind him in another race.
Do we also factor in that Mike's car is normally worse than Danica's?

Everyone, the bet is reset. Although some were too chicken to take it.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2488604)   #145
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At every other race I'm sure Danica had a better car from a much better team. It's been 42 races since anyone outside the top three teams has won showing the difference in strength between Mike and Danica's respective teams.

I'll take the new bet, especially with three street courses coming up.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2488744)   #146
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I will just say that him finishing higher than her was a fluke. You know what they say about a blind squirrel.

OK, but you do acknowledge that your absolute matter of fact statement that Mike absolutely would not, under any circumstances, when both finished without major problems, be classified higher than Danica in a race (certainly not on an oval), was incorrect?

Or is it that Danica's car was was just handling so badly that it gets classified as being such a significant problem the result is null and void? If it is a valid result, then please explain what makes it a "fluke".

Or do you accept that you were wrong?

Anyway, as for the new one: we won't see her finish behind him in another race. I will need you to further explain and define your terms and parameters before I could consider taking the plunge.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2488989)   #147
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
Quote:

Did you not think of this sort of stuff when you made that ridiculous bet?
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2488991)   #148
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You know what they say about a blind squirrel.
err, no!!

but google was my friend and I now know it was a saying that I believe was created just after Danica won her race.

"This expression means that even if people are ineffective or misguided, sometimes they can still be correct just by being lucky"
Old 23 Jun 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2489058)   #149
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
and the beat goes on.....

Old 24 Jun 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2490047)   #150
captain crunch
Racer

captain crunch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taprobane View Post
It's been 42 races since anyone outside the top three teams has won
Not according to my watch....

By top three teams i assume we all mean Penske, Ganassi and AGR.

In the last 42 races the wins have divvied up as follows:

Ganassi: 16 wins
Team Penske: 8 wins
Newman/Haas/Lanigan: 7 wins
Andretti-Green Racing: 6 wins
Rahal-Letterman: 1 win
RuSPORT: 1 win
Walker Racing: 1 win
HVM: 1 win
KV Racing Technology: 1 win

Of course, when throwing around these kind of statistics, the commentators have a habit of forgetting CCWS races ever took place, or that Indycar racing existed before 1996. One notable case during the Iowa race was the claim that it was Dario Franchitti's 10th career win. Does the teams and drivers a disservice. And Sam Hornish isn't the all-time wins leader, AJ Foyt is.

Anyway, by that count AGR isn't even a top 3 team. Given the way this season's going, there's a "big two" and everyone else is making up the numbers.

Seriously though, even after reading this thread over and over again it still seems ridiculous. I assume, nay, hope all tongues are firmly in cheek.