Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Nov 2003, 15:29 (Ref:797191)   #126
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The bad news of the day : according to Jérôme Mugnier's site, the Spanish Audi project with Repsol seems withdrawn
I wont be so sure
Old 28 Nov 2003, 16:03 (Ref:797220)   #127
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
I wont be so sure
Say more !!!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 19:19 (Ref:797401)   #128
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I surely hope we get a fourth Audi team. And idealy for me it needs to run in the ALMS. The LMES will have the Goh and Veloqx Audis not to mention RfH and Pescarolo. The ALMS will just have the Champion Audi. Talk about a runaway in the top prototype class in the ALMS. I know that the Dyson team will be strong, but can they hang with Champion every race? I certainly hope so. A good championship fight is needed.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 19:38 (Ref:797416)   #129
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
I surely hope we get a fourth Audi team. And idealy for me it needs to run in the ALMS. The LMES will have the Goh and Veloqx Audis not to mention RfH and Pescarolo. The ALMS will just have the Champion Audi. Talk about a runaway in the top prototype class in the ALMS. I know that the Dyson team will be strong, but can they hang with Champion every race? I certainly hope so. A good championship fight is needed.
Don't forget about Interspot.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 21:45 (Ref:797525)   #130
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I surely hope we get a fourth Audi team. And idealy for me it needs to run in the ALMS. The LMES will have the Goh and Veloqx Audis...
Word is that the fourth (and last of the 2002/3-spec) R8 will be run by someone. Which series is up in the air right now...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Nov 2003, 21:58 (Ref:797534)   #131
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I have just read on DSC, that another current customer team has the first option on the one and only available chassis.

Current customer, well the only customers are Goh,Champion and Audi UK. Now from what I understand Goh have 2 cars, the one that they ran in 2002 and the one they ran this year or did they update the 2002 car to 2003 spec ?.

I also understand that Champion have 2, that is the car that they ran this year. Does anyone know if they still have the car that they tried to sell on E-bay?

So does this mean that Audi UK are going to get it? I have also heard a rumour that Goh want to run a 2nd car........

Last edited by rdjones; 28 Nov 2003 at 22:00.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 22:05 (Ref:797540)   #132
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Champion's old car is a 2000-spec car. It is not the one that dailysportscar alludes to (which is a 2002-spec car, I believe).

Last I saw on ebay, the car had not been bid up to the reserve by auction's close.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Nov 2003, 22:15 (Ref:797549)   #133
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Say more !!!
You just have to wait for DSC news...they always know everything...

Racing Engineering wants to run in LMES 2004 but life isn't so easy.......
Old 28 Nov 2003, 22:48 (Ref:797577)   #134
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, I have a few questions. Are the Audi cars purchased or leased by the teams? Does Audi have a say in who buys them or leases them? Is Joest holding on to theirs? How many 2003 cars are there? Is it feasible and cost effective to update an older chasis?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to piece this together and figure out how many cars are out there. Thanks.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 23:03 (Ref:797597)   #135
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Answers?

Quote:
Ok, I have a few questions. Are the Audi cars purchased or leased by the teams? Does Audi have a say in who buys them or leases them? Is Joest holding on to theirs? How many 2003 cars are there? Is it feasible and cost effective to update an older chasis?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to piece this together and figure out how many cars are out there. Thanks.
:confused: How much money do you have to spend?
Old 29 Nov 2003, 01:55 (Ref:797808)   #136
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would expect Audi UK to pick up the remaining 2002 spec R8, considering the finances and ambitions of Veloqux.

Notice in the Audi UK press release they talk about a long term program with Veloqx, so a 2 car team would seem logical. Hopefully they will also recieve the R9/10 when it comes out.

Goh want to run a 2nd car depending on finace, but may loe out to Audi UK.

I wonder what car Spanish Engineering will now run?
Old 29 Nov 2003, 05:05 (Ref:797920)   #137
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Just a note, you can file it under rumour of the grandest proportions.

AR1 apparently has listed as a 'FACT' that Rahal has signed Pierre Kafer for 04'. Now, of course Kafer is already signed for Audi, and has been listed in their releases as being available for R8 drives. Does this give any hint that Rahal will campaign an R8 in the ALMS? Stay tuned....
Old 29 Nov 2003, 05:09 (Ref:797925)   #138
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you for the news above about Kafer... An R8 for Rahal ! Sounds good to me !

Last edited by Fab; 29 Nov 2003 at 05:18.