Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2023793)   #126
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the Telcel car has been released yet - to my knowledge only 2 different JPM cars have been done so far.

I'm fairly sure that the Ebay item is from the Busch car, because all the Fontana Cup pictures I can find have the Big Red quarter panel.

Also from memory JPM got caught in a wreck in the Busch race - it seems the Busch car did run the "with Techron" bit earlier in the season as Matt's picture shows.

It seems then that the livery on the model Knowlesy and I have is a horrible hybrid of the Cup and Busch liveries!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:55 (Ref:2023814)   #127
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Now, that is odd, haha.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:36 (Ref:2023857)   #128
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it says in the eBay ad he wrecked in the spring California race.

He did, but it was in the Busch race. He finished the Cup race intact.

Telcel car ain't out yet Matt.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2023863)   #129
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Ugh, wasn't that supposed to be out quite a few months ago?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:59 (Ref:2023878)   #130
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's never been an actual release date given for it. Same for CoT and the Sonoma car.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2023882)   #131
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
The Dodge CoT's should be out soon. I've seen all the Chevrolet, and Ford ones at Dover, so, the Dodge and Toyota's should be soon.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 21:06 (Ref:2023885)   #132
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The others have been out a few months though.

I'd guess they will surely be out before seasons end though.

The Chevy CoT looks terrific I must say, seriously considering getting the Dale Jr. Elvis livery from Richmond.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 22:07 (Ref:2023919)   #133
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Oh yeah, that car was awesome looking! Never, EVER get the Jaime McMurray Crown Royal CoT, the headlights are INCREDIBLY inaccurate.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 23:22 (Ref:2023957)   #134
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Sorry for another double-post. However, the shirt I picked up at the race, has the same livery as you and J-C's cars, haha.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2025384)   #135
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Montoya collection gets even more diverse.

It seems there is a 1/24 model of his Eldora Late Model dirt track car coming out!

This has to be the coolest collection going, an Indycar, a Champcar, Williams and McLaren F1 cars, various NASCAR's and now a dirt racer.
Attached Thumbnails
A0432.jpg  
Old 29 Sep 2007, 01:26 (Ref:2025474)   #136
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Hmm, I'm REALLY gonna have to get that, haha. Don't think I'll ever end up getting any of his F1 rides though. :-\
Old 29 Sep 2007, 08:21 (Ref:2025566)   #137
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Knowlesy -- you're a bad man! Please stop tempting me! I have no cabinet space spare and I certainly have no money! But the collection really does look very cool... I guess it's just a matter of time... damn!
Old 29 Sep 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2025680)   #138
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news about the dirt track car - the variety in the JPM collection really is second to none; there's a car from almost all major racing disciplines already, and that's even without the cars that haven't been made in 1:18 or 1:24 like the Daytona 24hrs winner or ITC Mercedes. Very few driver diecast collections can match the diversity, it's the thing I like most about my JPM collection these days.

I think the CoT is now only a couple of weeks ago, or at least the listing for it on NASCAR.com now says "despatched in 2-3 weeks" when it's said "11-12 weeks" for ages.

Last edited by J-C; 29 Sep 2007 at 13:11.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 13:45 (Ref:2025703)   #139
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Craig, raise cash, buy another cabinet and get this collection. It's pretty darned groovy.

Got to say it is annoying that there are no Daytona 24 cars. I'd honestly pay through the roof for a good, large scale model of one of those.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2025799)   #140
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I have a 1:18 of the car Jimmie Johnson ran in the 2004 24hr, but, it's Jimmie Johnson, haha.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2025804)   #141
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well clearly I meant one of the 2007 winners.
Old 29 Sep 2007, 16:04 (Ref:2025809)   #142
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Haha, I figured that much. But hey, those 1:18 Crawfords look niiiiiiiice.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2027048)   #143
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Hmm, looking at my car more closely yet again. One thing irks me. The roof seems TOO tall. Like it's a CoT roof, grafted onto a normal body. Just looks awkward to me, haha. They really should make a short-track Busch model as well, without the passenger side window.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:29 (Ref:2027158)   #144
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Knowlesy, care to make a list of all the current models from the various manufacturers? Along the lines of those lists in the Senna and Le Mans threads?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 19:41 (Ref:2027238)   #145
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Here you go. I can add 1/43's too if you want as there are some unique ones in there too, but I figured you're primarily a 1/18 man. I'll add model no's tomorrow if you wish too. I've also omitted the showcars because they are pointless but, again, I can add if needs be.

YearScaleCarSeriesManufacturerNotesReleased?
19991:18Target Chip Ganassi Reynard HondaCARTActionLtd 5,000Yes
20001:18Target Chip Ganassi G-Force Oldsmobile (Indy 500 winner)IRLActionLtd 2,304Yes
20011:18Williams-BMW FW23Formula 1Minichamps Yes
20021:18Williams-BMW FW24 (Compaq livery)Formula 1Minichamps Yes
20021:18Williams-BMW FW24 (Hewlett Packard livery)Formula 1Minichamps Yes
20031:18Williams-BMW FW25Formula 1Minichamps Yes
20041:18Williams-BMW FW26 ("Walrus" nose)Formula 1Minichamps Yes
20051:18McLaren-Mercedes MP4/20Formula 1Minichamps Yes
20061:18McLaren Mercedes MP4/21 (orange testing livery)Formula 1MinichampsLtd 1,104Yes
20061:18McLaren-Mercedes MP4/21Formula 1MinichampsLtd 2,006Yes
20071:24Chip Ganassi Texaco Havoline Dodge ChargerNASCAR CupMotorsports AuthenticsLtd ???Yes
20071:24Chip Ganassi Big Red Dodge ChargerNASCAR CupMotorsports AuthenticsLtd ???Yes
20071:24Chip Ganassi Texaco Havoline Dodge AvengerNASCAR CupMotorsports AuthenticsLtd ???No
20071:24Chip Ganassi Texaco Havoline Dodge Avenger (first win Infineon)NASCAR CupMotorsports AuthenticsLtd ???, race wornNo
20071:24Chip Ganassi Texaco Havoline Telcel Dodge Charger (first win Mexico City)NASCAR BuschMotorsports AuthenticsLtd ???No
20071:24Texaco Havoline Eldora Late Model dirt carEldora Prelude to the DreamMotorsports AuthenticsLtd ???No
Old 30 Sep 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2027259)   #146
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
You are right, but always interested in the others too. And there will likely be others who visit here who will find that useful anyway. Nice one!

I have seen some Hot Wheels 1:18 F1 cars - how do they compare to the Minichamps equivalents? I presume the latter are better quality but, not having bought any Hot Wheels stuff before, how much better are Minichamps?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2027263)   #147
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Different league better. Do not under any circumstances buy a Mattel F1 diecast!

Try and compare some side by side for example. The McLaren's are absolutely atrocious. Also Mattel don't dare use the correct coloured paints and, as they are a kids company, they don't use alcohol decals too.

Minichamps all the way. It'll cost more, but it's worth it if you are fussed about accuracy and a modicum of quality.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2027266)   #148
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Well, I saw a 1:18 Hotwheels Mclaren MP4-21, and, well, it was silver, and the mirrors were HUGE.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:01 (Ref:2027268)   #149
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And what is a fair price for a Minichamps F1 car? Presumably it'd depend on what car, but... Sorry, new to this!
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:05 (Ref:2027274)   #150
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Depends what you wanna pay.

I would pay anything up to list price which is £40.00-ish. But most should be a bit cheaper than that, £20-£30 at a guess on eBay.

Models like the 2006 cars might be a bit more expensive as they are very limited. And you usually have to pay around £40 for the 2003 FW25 which is hard to find at times. It really depends what car you are after at the end of the day.

Your Indycar/Champcar's are around the £50-£60 mark and usually have to be imported from Yanksville.

NASCAR models are dirt cheap, even though they are imported you can snaffle them for around £25-£30 with postage.

Tags
jpm