Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Dec 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2355591)   #126
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucas is such a bright and lovely guy, Im sure he will give this all he has got, and with the love and support of his family who are all lovely people I'm sure things will get better.

To Garry, Lisa, Dianne, Paul, Emily, Clare and Ben you are all lovely people and your son brother will give this all his got and Im sure with your love and support this will get better.

Lucas you are a very lovely boy and nothing will ever change that. Your still the same Lucas to me. Get well PAL
Old 16 Dec 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2355618)   #127
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh no...

Shocking news.

Best wishes to Lucas & the Dumbrell family. Never give up hope.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 05:09 (Ref:2355723)   #128
dylan.lindgren
Rookie

dylan.lindgren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrible news...

Best wishes to all the Dumbrell's and as a previous poster mentioned hopefully he can prove the doctors wrong!

d.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 05:47 (Ref:2355731)   #129
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez, that's just tragic...

Here's hoping young Lucas can and does improve. We can only hope. My thoughts are with Lucas and his family...
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:48 (Ref:2355948)   #130
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's terrible news. Such a shame for such a young guy. My thoughts and prayers are with the Dumbrells at what surely must be a gutwrenching time for them.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Dec 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2356396)   #131
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know whether Lucas was wearing a HANS device at the time?
Old 16 Dec 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2356403)   #132
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A couple of eyewitnesses indicated to me that he was not - however, I always take eyewitness reports of such incidents with a grain of salt.

The critical movemant of the driver's head would determine whether that would have been useful.

If it was forward, then it might have made a difference. But if it was up and down, then it would not have made any difference at all.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2356431)   #133
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C
Does anyone know whether Lucas was wearing a HANS device at the time?
Yes Lucas was and has done so all year.

The main reason people would not have seen it is because when his helmet got taken off that got taken off also.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2356450)   #134
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having witnessed the accident, I don't believe a HANS or any other device would have assisted that much given the nature of the accident.

My thoughts and wishes are with the Dumbrells.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 23:33 (Ref:2356493)   #135
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
Having witnessed the accident, I don't believe a HANS or any other device would have assisted that much given the nature of the accident.

My thoughts and wishes are with the Dumbrells.
I dont think that there is anyone in racing that does not wish Lucas and his family the best, we all know that racing is dangerous and that sometimes people get hurt, but the level and number of injuries has been greatly reduced over the years due to ongoing improvements to vehicle safety.

The HANS device is a very clever piece of gear but does only work in a fore and aft collision. High cockpit surrounds and padding have helped various categories with lateral movement (no such luck for Cooper and Porter), but there is nothing that can help when neck extension comes into play.

I have experienced seeing friends paralysed from minor accidents, and seen my wife walk away from a big accident (and fractured C4), sometimes luck is just not with us.

Hopefully CAMS etc will use the data from accidents to improve driver safety.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 00:42 (Ref:2356510)   #136
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Regardless of the whys and wherefores of what occurred, I think we've probably arrived at a point where speculation is unhelpful, and possibly distressing to those near and dear to poor Lucas. It's tragic to hear of a young sportsman apparently so badly injured, and the hopes and best wishes of all at 10ths go with him in the most difficult battle he will endure. We can only hope that there is the possibility for improvement from his current situation, and trust that anything that can be learned from the incident is taken on board by those who can make a difference - if indeed there is anything that can be done.

Good luck, Lucas.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 01:05 (Ref:2356518)   #137
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paul Dumbrell contemplates his future

I think this should be the last post on this discussion. If there is more argument about flags/lights/signs... please feel free start another thread