Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2015, 09:22 (Ref:3561912)   #1501
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Chilli, many thanks for your courteous reply, Lewis drove a near faultless race, as far as I am concerned, I!

I think you are being way generous here Baubs!

Fluffed the start.
Fell off soon after.
Drove into Danni Ricc breaking the front wing.
Received a penalty for driving into Danni Ricc.

Finished a very lucky 6 th in the best car!
Old 28 Jul 2015, 10:04 (Ref:3561916)   #1502
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Fluffed the start.
Fell off soon after.

Precisely! Not ideal because he did actually finish, but much better than expected.

Very much my DOTR.

It's a point of view.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 10:51 (Ref:3561922)   #1503
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Precisely! Not ideal because he did actually finish, but much better than expected.

Very much my DOTR.

It's a point of view.
Knowing your stance on LH, presumably you think it stands for Drip of the Race?
Old 28 Jul 2015, 11:01 (Ref:3561927)   #1504
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Knowing your stance on LH, presumably you think it stands for Drip of the Race?

Well that does seem to be a popular opinion, even from Lewis himself.

I do wonder if his lifestyle is catching up with him a little, beautiful women, parties, junkets, all must take their toll.

Forza Rosberg.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3561939)   #1505
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yes of course, because man cannot concentrate on racing AND women at the same time. he is weak, feeble-minded and hysterical...
Old 28 Jul 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3561951)   #1506
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doughnut for bella
Old 28 Jul 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3561989)   #1507
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...I wouldn't be so sure any of this womanising chat has any foundation behind it at all. I'd say that is very much a Lewis brand smokescreen.

No point cheering for Nico, he's simply not quite on Lewis' level, despite LH being flawed enough to allow Nico a look-in.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3561990)   #1508
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I can't tell if bella is being sarcastic or not.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3561993)   #1509
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 18:31 (Ref:3561995)   #1510
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Fluffed the start.
Fell off soon after.

Hamilton thinks there will be more "difficult" starts.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120134
Old 28 Jul 2015, 22:29 (Ref:3562045)   #1511
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or has Mercedes been trialling that start procedure for two races now and will blow everyone away come Spa (and the rest of the season)?
Old 29 Jul 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3562076)   #1512
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Hamilton thinks there will be more "difficult" starts.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120134

Thanks BJ, I didn't quite "get" this from Hamilton:

"I think they might underestimate how much they influence the races," he added.
"The starts might not change or they might be disastrous. It could make for more weaving, who knows?
"My guess is that it is not going to be the right thing and it is going to be adjusted."

Why should the FIA care about how the starts influence the races, and who is going to ensure the rule is adjusted if it doesn't suit them? Mercedes?
Old 29 Jul 2015, 07:15 (Ref:3562107)   #1513
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
...Why should the FIA care about how the starts influence the races, and who is going to ensure the rule is adjusted if it doesn't suit them? Mercedes?
But surely that starts should affect the races, in the same way the 'the cornering', 'the braking' and 'the top speed' do?
If they're all good, you should get a good result, if all or some are not so good, you won't get such a good result.
Personally I'd be happier if they went back to three pedals so that it was purely driver skill balancing the revs, grip & clutch slip that controlled the start.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3562122)   #1514
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
LH could be referring to the possibility of a stall and a startline melee resulting in 2 or 3 or 4 or more crashed cars. A restart with a much-diminished grid never looks good. (Remember, it's all about the show)..
Old 29 Jul 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3562125)   #1515
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Ricciardo did the difficult part, he got past Rosberg without making contact. Rosberg got a faster exit out of the corner but all Ricciardo did was drive in a straight line - Rosberg, knowing he couldn't afford to let the Red Bull take the inside line into Turn 2, tried to squeeze him out but misjudged it.

Racing room wasn't given. Just like Hamilton's, it was by no means intentional, but it was by all means avoidable. I felt it was inconsistent from the stewards.
Rosberg definitely cut across too quickly, but perhaps the stewards felt Ricciardo should have anticipated Rosberg's positioning at least enough not to accelerate like he did, although this would be a rather strange interpretation, expecting a driver to put his foot down on the exit in anticipation of such a thing. Alternatively, did they feel Rosberg 'had the line' and his taking up his line in preparation for Turn 2 was acceptable enough?

I also wonder if they ever take account of the fact that Rosberg lost out himself as a reason not to penalise him. I think not, because we have seen many a time where the driver receives the 'punishment' of already losing out with a puncture, damaged wing, etc, and still getting a penalty. It would really be good to be party to the stewards' reasoning on these things post-race. We are told they have access to telemetry, but it would be nice to not be left in the dark so much.

Generally, I favour fewer penalties anyway.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3562134)   #1516
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Personally I'd be happier if they went back to three pedals so that it was purely driver skill balancing the revs, grip & clutch slip that controlled the start.
Oh where is the like button.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3562176)   #1517
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Oh where is the like button.
its the F1 button on your keyboard!
Old 29 Jul 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3562278)   #1518
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
But surely that starts should affect the races, in the same way the 'the cornering', 'the braking' and 'the top speed' do?
If they're all good, you should get a good result, if all or some are not so good, you won't get such a good result.
You would think, actually driving the car.

3 pedals would be just wonderful, wouldn't mind seeing the old McLaren differential braking system back too, manual of course.
4 pedals maybe!
Old 30 Jul 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3562354)   #1519
bauble
Veteran

England
From the Eurosport F1 Web Site;

"Their article reports that the pair were spotted in New York together, dining and clubbing before heading to a city penthouse to continue partying.

“They’ve had a flirtation for years and have always fancied each other, but since May this year they’ve been talking a lot,” a source told The Sun.

“Finally their schedules allowed them to spend a weekend in the same part of the world and they made the most of it.

“They are both really busy but Rihanna has asked him to come to Rock in Rio in September so he can see her perform and spend time together.”

The British driver is reportedly “infatuated” with Rihanna."
Old 30 Jul 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3562370)   #1520
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
From the Eurosport F1 Web Site;

"Their article reports that the pair were spotted in New York together, dining and clubbing before heading to a city penthouse to continue partying.

“They’ve had a flirtation for years and have always fancied each other, but since May this year they’ve been talking a lot,” a source told The Sun.

“Finally their schedules allowed them to spend a weekend in the same part of the world and they made the most of it.

“They are both really busy but Rihanna has asked him to come to Rock in Rio in September so he can see her perform and spend time together.”

The British driver is reportedly “infatuated” with Rihanna."
But Jenson's only recently married, surely this can't be right?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 07:50 (Ref:3562379)   #1521
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
But Jenson's only recently married, surely this can't be right?
Buffoon, it refers to RED 5!!!
Old 30 Jul 2015, 08:41 (Ref:3562389)   #1522
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
There's hope for us all in that case.

Maybe even you, Bob.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3562398)   #1523
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
WoW! That's knocked me sideways, I didn't realise Nigel & Rihanna had so much in common!
Old 30 Jul 2015, 09:29 (Ref:3562409)   #1524
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
WoW! That's knocked me sideways, I didn't realise Nigel & Rihanna had so much in common!
Makes you wonder what a young lass like her sees in an old __________
like Nige!
Old 30 Jul 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3562509)   #1525
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Red 5, that will be Nigel Mansell. I would never have taken him for a Rihanna fan but there you go.