Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2602460)   #1601
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heaps of it Iain, must be at least two mm high.

No, we are lucky this time around, it is more the left hand part of the country that has been badly hit.
Not even much snow at Spa either. But it is cold, -11 C at the moment.

Me skiing or other snow related fun? No way, 1 bad crash long time ago left me with severe injuries thank you very much. But it was fun, until that moment.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 00:34 (Ref:2602551)   #1602
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I hear you lot are sabotaging the Eurostar trains?
Heard one Hooray Henrietta complaining that the toilets were like something from the 3rd world. In pure Sloane accent! She's coming BACK from France. Did she not 'go' over there???
Old 20 Dec 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2602604)   #1603
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Heaps of it Iain, must be at least two mm high.

No, we are lucky this time around, it is more the left hand part of the country that has been badly hit.
Not even much snow at Spa either. But it is cold, -11 C at the moment.

Me skiing or other snow related fun? No way, 1 bad crash long time ago left me with severe injuries thank you very much. But it was fun, until that moment.

Far enough away from Botrange then Eddy? Little bit more than 2mm.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2602627)   #1604
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I hear you lot are sabotaging the Eurostar trains?
Heard one Hooray Henrietta complaining that the toilets were like something from the 3rd world. In pure Sloane accent! She's coming BACK from France. Did she not 'go' over there???
That's exactly what I thought
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2602628)   #1605
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hole in 1 for HH?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2602637)   #1606
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
That's exactly what I thought
Wait a minute. Have you seen the state of the public lavatories in Paris?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2602638)   #1607
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!

In comparison to the"Froggie bogs" this is "luxury" !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Dec 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2602645)   #1608
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone know why the trains keep breaking down?Thoughts are with my fellow truckie's who have been stuck on the M20 all weekend.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 10:19 (Ref:2602648)   #1609
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I think the train caught a cold. By all accounts its to do with the change in temperature causing condensation on the circuit boards when they go into the tunnel. Bring back steam !
Old 20 Dec 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2602660)   #1610
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waiting for my wife on the station last night,and lo&behold--a Steam Train turned up,40 minuits late,apparently it had been having problems with icing,so,nothing has changed over the last 40 odd years.

[Perhaps we have spent too much money worrying about other planets?]
Old 20 Dec 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2602672)   #1611
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think the train caught a cold. By all accounts its to do with the change in temperature causing condensation on the circuit boards when they go into the tunnel. Bring back steam !
Last I heard they were steering away from that theory as was stated the trains had run for 10 minutes in the tunnel before they stopped and if condensation one would have thought that would have happened as soon as they entered the tunnel.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 14:06 (Ref:2602731)   #1612
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Last I heard they were steering away from that theory as was stated the trains had run for 10 minutes in the tunnel before they stopped and if condensation one would have thought that would have happened as soon as they entered the tunnel.
10 mins sounds about right to me. You need enough time for the moisture to collect in sufficient quantity to overflow any 'drainage channel' or, if none planned, have a great enough effect to cause the problem. Assuming it is an electrical problem. If not electrical the matter could still be a similar problem with other code technology.

I wonder if they will ever release the reasons to the press?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2602743)   #1613
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You know what the answer will be. "blame the French"
Old 20 Dec 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2602745)   #1614
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Waiting for my wife on the station last night,and lo&behold--a Steam Train turned up,40 minuits late,apparently it had been having problems with icing,so,nothing has changed over the last 40 odd years.

[Perhaps we have spent too much money worrying about other planets?]
Did Harry Potter get off the steam train Terrance
Old 20 Dec 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2602747)   #1615
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
you'd have thought that operating under water the electrical panels would at least be IP65.

even a mini will start in the damp, well, an App K one anyway
Old 20 Dec 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2602776)   #1616
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Did Harry Potter get off the steam train Terrance

No,but his Anglia was parked outside
Old 20 Dec 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2602813)   #1617
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
That was Gordon.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2602821)   #1618
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

In comparison to the"Froggie bogs" this is "luxury" !
I suppose everyone gets to an age when 'out on the pi55' takes on a whole new meaning
Old 20 Dec 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2602864)   #1619
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
By the look on Gordon's face,I'de say he's just passed a Kidney Stone.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2602899)   #1620
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I only saw that at Spa once and just had to pose for it. Did anyone on 10/10ths actually use it (or will admit to it)
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2602931)   #1621
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What was the number 2's version like?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2602955)   #1622
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So you don't think that one was dual purpose Al?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2602957)   #1623
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What a drinking fountain as well?
Old 21 Dec 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2603084)   #1624
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Same thing Al just turn around.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2603087)   #1625
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Moving on anyone going to Mallory this Wednesday for Christmas breakfast.
Closed Thread