Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3079164)   #1626
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
why, i believe i asked a similar question 3-4 weeks ago asking for dyno plots, for comparison, but the naysayers keep reckoning the Toyota camp will run away with it.

my arguement to themis simple:

put up or shut up. coming from a very long time Toyota supportor

if black pearl and co want to keep up an unsubstantiated slanging match, then bully for them. but without factual back-up, they can keep their narrow-minded opinions to themselves, no???
Hey I'm not starting a slanging match, I'm simply stating from factual experience that they couldn't get parity right in the old cars.

2 makes with different engines over how long? They still couldn't get it right.

Now we have a common crap chassis, I saw the ve at Hamilton nothing lined up and a pop rivet thin steel firewall, that aside no one has tested the new gearbox or engines.

Is it also true mckenzie has left the building and the edgalls as well after inkys crap over it all.
Old 25 May 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3079167)   #1627
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Hey I'm not starting a slanging match, I'm simply stating from factual experience that they couldn't get parity right in the old cars.

curious to know whether it was a genuine parity issue, or whether it was a blatent cheating issue, that caused any geat advantage

Quote:
Now we have a common crap chassis, I saw the ve at Hamilton nothing lined up and a pop rivet thin steel firewall, that aside no one has tested the new gearbox or engines.

Is it also true mckenzie has left the building and the edgalls as well after inkys crap over it all.
can't comment on the new MRX chassis, have not seen it in the flesh.

BUT:

most of the crap talk between NZST and NZV8 fans is similar to the trackside chat when Transam went from NZ's premier Class to Transam Lite NZv8 predecessor apart from the fact that internet forums didn't exist back then.
Old 25 May 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3079170)   #1628
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
curious to know whether it was a genuine parity issue, or whether it was a blatent cheating issue, that caused any geat advantage

BUT:

most of the crap talk between NZST and NZV8 fans is similar to the trackside chat when Transam went from NZ's premier Class to Transam Lite NZv8 predecessor apart from the fact that internet forums didn't exist back then.
It was parity, That's why everyone went ford.
Old 25 May 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3079175)   #1629
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
so why did they choose a Chev engine for ST? when the original upgrade was a Dart? engine based on the Ford as in Paul Manuel's Folden?
Old 25 May 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3079176)   #1630
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
was that due to demon tweaks that could be extracted (sometimes dubiously) from the Ford engines that couldn't be done as easily on the Holden engines??
seemed that a fair amount of technical infringements were found in the Henry's, or was that purely an engine builder issue???
Old 25 May 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3079184)   #1631
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:

BUT:

Quote:
was that due to demon tweaks that could be extracted (sometimes dubiously) from the Ford engines that couldn't be done as easily on the Holden engines??
seemed that a fair amount of technical infringements were found in the Henry's, or was that purely an engine builder issue???
Ford had better front end design, Holden's had more power but couldn't use it.
Old 25 May 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3079273)   #1632
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe, I applaud your passion and read with interest YOUR perspective as a long time supporter, possibly sometime competitor or crew.

However time has made you a little bitter hasn't it?
To use emotive terms such as ST Fanboys reduces you to lowest common denominator.

Your view of the amount of 'cheating' going on at Teir One is a bit jaundiced. In a competitive series the boundaries are always pushed and the job of the regulatory body is to keep the reins on that and keep reinforcing where the line it. If you have played with the big boys and been handed a hiding it is the refuge of the ill equipped and unprepared to tell the world everyone cheated more than you.

In his small handful posts, Pearl has conveyed that he is a competitor to respect. His posts seem a little more connected to the facts than yours. Both opinions are useful in terms of a debate.

There are a handful of posters on here with strong opinions who, unfortunatly, never take the time to clearly explain their view and what led them to that point. AS such the threads require too much filtering.

Wooley - I hope you can see that this is not an attack on a particular poster but rather a post talking about attitudes and the need for intelligent debate
Old 25 May 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3079305)   #1633
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Ford had better front end design, Holden's had more power but couldn't use it.
I believe you are right. My understanding, having spoken to several competitors (and this applies to the Utes as well), is that the Ford suspension design (front and rear) is such that it just makes for a better race car. And if you really know what you're doing with set-up and drive it properly, you can just about be untouchable.
Old 25 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3079310)   #1634
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I too saw the chassis at Hamilton, and too say it was crap, is a bit harsh. If your trying to compare it to the ST, your not comparing apples with apple. They are completely different designs with completely different price tags.
As far as parity goes, yes the old engines were way to differcult to get right, but now with electronic engine control and variable valve timing you are able to do anything you want with the engine.
Old 25 May 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3079312)   #1635
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
now with electronic engine control and variable valve timing you are able to do anything you want with the engine.
Everything is easy until you understand the true nature of the problem
Old 26 May 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3079362)   #1636
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I believe you are right. My understanding, having spoken to several competitors (and this applies to the Utes as well), is that the Ford suspension design (front and rear) is such that it just makes for a better race car. And if you really know what you're doing with set-up and drive it properly, you can just about be untouchable.
Correct and thats why the VE is getting it's behind handed to it Ã*n the V8sc series. The only team that can get it working is 888 engineering hence why they were purchased and also why the ST came about. If you build all the cars the same you can't go wrong really.
Old 26 May 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3079372)   #1637
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Correct and thats why the VE is getting it's behind handed to it Ã*n the V8sc series.
Bit of speaking out your arse there Ugy.

Suspensions are the same since blueprint.
Old 26 May 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3079451)   #1638
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I'm not sure if your serious, if so you have no clue.
Guys, I'm talking about vehicles raced in New Zealand (be it NZV8 or V8Utes) based on a production body.

Sorry Ugy, NOT what 888 build to race in V8SC's. That's like comparing chalk with cheese!
Old 26 May 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3079469)   #1639
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, enough of the personal insults, please. It makes the thread unpleasant and unreadable. Which is unfortunately not unusual. You may not agree with someone so fine, debate the point, but disagreement doesn't mean that they're clueless or talking out of another orifice, nor does it prove that you're not.

I'm more inclined to assume that someone who describes someone else in that way is more likely to be guilty, so don't.
Old 27 May 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3079800)   #1640
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Correct and thats why the VE is getting it's behind handed to it Ã*n the V8sc series. The only team that can get it working is 888 engineering hence why they were purchased and also why the ST came about. If you build all the cars the same you can't go wrong really.
Ok I will try this again, you realize about project blueprint which made all the suspension the same in v8sc right?
Old 27 May 2012, 10:15 (Ref:3079801)   #1641
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Guys, I'm talking about vehicles raced in New Zealand (be it NZV8 or V8Utes) based on a production body.

Sorry Ugy, NOT what 888 build to race in V8SC's. That's like comparing chalk with cheese!
As am I.
Old 27 May 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3080195)   #1642
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Ok I will try this again, you realize about project blueprint which made all the suspension the same in v8sc right?
Had an idea there would be something like that in place but have been guilty before of putting my fingers into gear before my brain, but hey i'm learning.
It just seems the VE has some sort of problem compared to previous models.
Old 27 May 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3080210)   #1643
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Had an idea there would be something like that in place but have been guilty before of putting my fingers into gear before my brain, but hey i'm learning.
It just seems the VE has some sort of problem compared to previous models.
I'm lost as to this problem with the VE your referring to. Some stats i was reading, says that since its debut in 2006 the VE has had 86 race wins, more than any other Holden model.
Old 27 May 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3080228)   #1644
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Being the longest running model could have something to do with the number of wins.
Anyway this is the ST site and i think i better put it to rest before i'm told of.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3087831)   #1645
Intrepid
Racer

New Zealand
Intrepid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

New updates from M2 Motorsport...who will partner Simon in the Endurance event?

And on a side note, seems the PWR and V8ST radiator units worked fine at HD? Anyone hear of any heat issues?
Old 9 Jun 2012, 06:24 (Ref:3087834)   #1646
Intrepid
Racer

New Zealand
Intrepid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, my uselesness means Im obiously not sure of how to post images!
Old 9 Jun 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3087853)   #1647
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post

i will put a quiet $50 on craig innes who is his good mate and on the V8ST drivers list...a couple of journey men who will keep out of trouble and pick up places as others fall by the wayside......
Old 9 Jun 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3087902)   #1648
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And on a side note, seems the PWR and V8ST radiator units worked fine at HD? Anyone hear of any heat issues?
From what I heard, because RPM limit was dropped no one had any heat issues. Now just to sort those pesky gear boxes, again, some teams having no probs, others heaps. Aparantly the calibration has a lot to do with it, gotta be spot on, if it's not, look out.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3087912)   #1649
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
From what I heard, because RPM limit was dropped no one had any heat issues. Now just to sort those pesky gear boxes, again, some teams having no probs, others heaps. Aparantly the calibration has a lot to do with it, gotta be spot on, if it's not, look out.
my understanding is that hollingers will appear for the enduro's..some teams have told V8St that issue needs fixing NOW and they will be fitting these units for taupo...... i know of one teams thats intends to test said units shortly....so i am told
Old 9 Jun 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3087925)   #1650
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:

Mpc were the only ones to test a new radiator set up, they claim it was a success but it was that cold at hamptons I think it was A premature statement.
Closed Thread