Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Dec 2009, 02:31 (Ref:2593779)   #151
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its still only Section A of Practice 1
Old 4 Dec 2009, 02:46 (Ref:2593782)   #152
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No way low 20's I have trouble seeing them getting into the 29's.

25 min break between Part A and B. Had to fix a few manholes I wonder?
Old 4 Dec 2009, 02:53 (Ref:2593785)   #153
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red flag 5 mins in. Every one pitted. Who caused it. Where is Retro when you need him.

green again
Old 4 Dec 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2593789)   #154
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Another red 14 mins in.

Edit. they all pitted again
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:06 (Ref:2593791)   #155
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who has taken the honors of the First In The Wall Award???
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:07 (Ref:2593793)   #156
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one knows?? Surely there is a better way to follow this series when you cant be there in this day and age??
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:12 (Ref:2593794)   #157
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
No one knows?? Surely there is a better way to follow this series when you cant be there in this day and age??
I think you can get the track commentary but on my ****e network I am grateful for sneaking the live timing in.
They have all driven back to the pits and no one has spent a great deal of time in there so it must be minor brushes.

Edit. The utes only got 1 lap in for their first practice so must have been a shunt. Or a track problem
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2593795)   #158
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Streaming track commentary would be a good start.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2593796)   #159
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I think you can get the track commentary
You can? How?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2593798)   #160
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
You can? How?

Another Red with 15mins to go.
Everyone has pitted again.

I thought you could get it from the big poo site. Might be wrong though. Select the max option and I thought you could get the commentary when there was no piccies.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2593799)   #161
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Lowndes crash? He isn't lapping anymore after the red.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2593800)   #162
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Another red with 7mins to go.

All these reds are withdrawn pretty well as soon as the last car enters the pitlane.
Can't be much damage being done.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2593801)   #163
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Yeah he only done 8 laps apparently??
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:31 (Ref:2593802)   #164
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
It would suggest he has had a touch up.

TKelly and Johnson still not pitted this time.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:31 (Ref:2593803)   #165
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Reported on another site that both pink 888 cars have tagged the walls.

Lowndes drove back so car not too bad.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:36 (Ref:2593804)   #166
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Session over. Johnson and TKelly still not pitted.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 03:46 (Ref:2593806)   #167
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this a sign that some are going out there with a "nothing to lose" attitude? still early days i suppose but worth keeping in mind this weekend, race 2 should be a cracker!
Old 4 Dec 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2593808)   #168
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 2 will only be officially declared a cracker if someone overtakes in death alley on the medium strip
Old 4 Dec 2009, 04:19 (Ref:2593809)   #169
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Ohh i guarentee that there will be some bent panels come sunday arvo. Poor Mechanics
Old 4 Dec 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2593810)   #170
David Brand
Rookie

David Brand should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another red flag... Possibly caused by Ingall.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2593828)   #171
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
atmosphere?

So can anyone who was out there give us a gauge of the atmosphere compared to Adelaide or Surfers ? And I don't want any mentions of the Creek in anyones answers either thanx. I thought that this event may have been some of the reason for the lower than expected turnout at Surfers this year, moreso than the A1gp fiasco, as NSW fans who may have in the past made the trip up to Qld may have opted for Homebush this year, rather than commit to both. However, reports that platinum and gold grandstand holders are being all put together in platinum stands and the gold ones dismantled suggest that sales are not up to expectations ?? Can anyone out there confirm if there are any "missing" grandstands ? Would p*** you off if you had stumped up the big bucks for platinum and had all the gold punters get into your stand for less cash hey ?
I always thought this event would be a corporate winner but a struggler at the average punter level due to its closeness to Christmas and the heat out there ( I know from experience taking out the missus it gets really hot at the tennis in January.....there is just no breeze).
So what was it like out there guys while I was at work !!
Old 4 Dec 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2593840)   #172
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Well I'll take the lack of response so far as a positive!

You must still all be out there watching the gorgeous Valiant Charger owner/driver Miss Connie singing about UFOs

On a serious note, platinum stand #5 doesn't sound as much fun as watching the Sneakies, I wouldn't like paying big bucks for an uncovered stand with no view of a big screen. Maybe Nathan Rees took the big screen and the pergola cover as a farewell gift last night
Old 4 Dec 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2593864)   #173
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The utes only got 1 lap in for their first practice so must have been a shunt. Or a track problem
Utes had one go in HARD @ 6/7 on Lap 2
Old 4 Dec 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2593891)   #174
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
So can anyone who was out there give us a gauge of the atmosphere compared to Adelaide or Surfers ? And I don't want any mentions of the Creek in anyones answers either thanx. I thought that this event may have been some of the reason for the lower than expected turnout at Surfers this year, moreso than the A1gp fiasco, as NSW fans who may have in the past made the trip up to Qld may have opted for Homebush this year, rather than commit to both. However, reports that platinum and gold grandstand holders are being all put together in platinum stands and the gold ones dismantled suggest that sales are not up to expectations ?? Can anyone out there confirm if there are any "missing" grandstands ? Would p*** you off if you had stumped up the big bucks for platinum and had all the gold punters get into your stand for less cash hey ?
I always thought this event would be a corporate winner but a struggler at the average punter level due to its closeness to Christmas and the heat out there ( I know from experience taking out the missus it gets really hot at the tennis in January.....there is just no breeze).
So what was it like out there guys while I was at work !!
Atmosphere is good, great in fact. Its not Adelaide, its not Surfers. Its Sydney. There were 51,193 people there today, paying customers!

Merchandise alley takes up the length of Olympic Boulevarde.. and at around lunchtime, it was full! There were lots of people around enjoying the proximity to the cars in their indoor garages.. lots of pics taken, teams bending over backwards to make the average punter happy with that stuff...

It is the end of the year, and the pressure is largely off.. but its a real Adelaide GP end of season race kinda atmosphere.

I personally would hate to be in GA and struggle to see thru the gaps in the fence, or in a grandstand living in full sun... but from where I sat, and stood, and saw.. and the people there on a regular work day in Sydney (shhhhh, dont tell the boss Oops, he was there too.. hehehe) were brilliant to see.

The naysayers can go find something else to whinge about... the most stressed bloke I saw today was Shane Howard, looking like he lost $100 and found 5c... but he should be proud of the event!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Dec 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2593893)   #175
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P1 A

A surprise top of the timesheets. This stuff is still so silly when teams run used tyres... why cant it be like F1 and new tyres all weekend, and bin the rest?

P1 B

Mr Reynolds VERY quick.. his audition for the #16 car in 2010 seems to be going swimmingly

P1 C

Times are getting a lot better... those 888 cars look magic over the bumps, although several others are similar

Quite a few brushing walls, some like #888 damaged the rear end, others like #4 wrecking a wheel and the whole corner of bits...

Brilliant to watch, hear, see...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods