Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 May 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3407617)   #151
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Fernandes might just be able to arrange a buyers among his contacts.

Marussia the mystery team are in even bigger schtuck. What with the Iron Curtain 2.0 on its way and financial difficulties on its own terms, these guys will do well to see out the season.
Old 25 May 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3410162)   #152
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News suggests Tony Fernandes will put the Caterham group of automotive and engineering companies up for sale.

The F1 franchise is included in the sale.
Old 25 May 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3410200)   #153
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Fernandes' other sporting financial leech QPR just made it back into the Premier League Here

It has you wondering, now that the football squad is on the right path, and has enjoyed success, whether the focus may return to the F1 team

For themselves, or any potential future investor...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 May 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3410210)   #154
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
One of the Caterhams qualifying times was good enough for pole in the GP2 race.
Old 25 May 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3410211)   #155
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
News suggests Tony Fernandes will put the Caterham group of automotive and engineering companies up for sale.

The F1 franchise is included in the sale.
Haven't seen this yet ...please post a source?
Old 25 May 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3410220)   #156
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe Saward wrote an article about Caterham recently where he said there were rumours that Caterham may soon be sold. Considering he is a Director of the road car side of the business he should have some info on the subject and would not have said that if it was definitely not for sale.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...s-at-caterham/
Old 25 May 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3410228)   #157
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
With enough time eventually we all see what was right in front of us. And realize no matter how long it took, it was worth the wait.
Old 25 May 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3410344)   #158
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Haas is stepping in and will plaster the car with stars and stripes.
Old 25 May 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3410378)   #159
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Points for marussia today surely will mean Caterham will finish dead last again this year...
Old 25 May 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3410383)   #160
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both Caterham and Sauber's highest finish so far is 11th. There's still a possibility (although i agree near impossible) for Caterham to finish above Sauber
Old 25 May 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3410393)   #161
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a remarkable job Monisha Kaltenborn is doing at, and for, Sauber....
Old 25 May 2014, 16:27 (Ref:3410407)   #162
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
sauber were not helped by their two drivers today...
Old 25 May 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3410416)   #163
Baigu
Rookie

Canada
Ottawa
Baigu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointing for Caterham. They always seemed to be the most "professional" of the new teams and the business plan seemed like it could/can succeed.
Old 25 May 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3410512)   #164
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
kobayashi was in front of Bianchi but slipped back.
Old 25 May 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3410517)   #165
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kobayashi's been out of F1 for a year and I reckon even that small time away has made him slightly rusty, and I think Ericsson isn't ready for F1, so I keep thinking if they kept Pic or VDG then they could have been battling with Bianchi and possibly be celebrating their first point(s) too.
Old 25 May 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3410518)   #166
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
kobayashi was in front of Bianchi but slipped back.
When Jules hit him two or three times Kobayashis car got damaged, sidepod and floor, it became a bit of a handful hence dropping back.
Old 25 May 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3410522)   #167
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Too bad then that Bianchi came out of that without consequences, unneeded contact should be punished.
Old 25 May 2014, 19:51 (Ref:3410524)   #168
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Kobayashi's been out of F1 for a year and I reckon even that small time away has made him slightly rusty, and I think Ericsson isn't ready for F1, so I keep thinking if they kept Pic or VDG then they could have been battling with Bianchi and possibly be celebrating their first point(s) too.
Hm, not sure I agree. I think Kobayashi has done a good job so far and I think Ericsson did a good job today after struggling pretty much all through the weekend.
Old 25 May 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3410527)   #169
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Put Frijns in one of those cars as quick as possible if you want something this season.
Old 25 May 2014, 20:02 (Ref:3410531)   #170
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I have seen of Marussia and Caterham, Marussia seem to have a much better car this year than the Caterham. Marussia tend to be the faster of the two in qualifiying this year and were well ahead this weekend on pace.
Old 26 May 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3410728)   #171
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both of the teams are closing in on the rest of the pack for race pace, it is just outright speed in qualifying that they are lacking. The Marussia appeared to be keeping pace with the Merc's for a lap or two after the lapped him. He was doing low 1:20's. The Caterham of Kobayashi was OK in some stints, but seemed to be really affected by tyre deg and then obviously the damage mentioned above.
Old 26 May 2014, 07:21 (Ref:3410742)   #172
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Haven't seen this yet ...please post a source?
Sorry there was no 'source' that I could've posted. If there was, I would have. The news is starting to filterthrough various UK websites - and I have found two below. Both were not available at the time of my last post.

Caterham F1 team up for sale - report

Caterham Group up for sale - report
Old 26 May 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3410762)   #173
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to caterham this was their best ever result, unfortunately for them it was also Marussia's. I can't see Caterham beating Marussia on pace at any point this season.
Old 26 May 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3410763)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where to for Caterham?

Still leaves us wondering, as always, what your source was - as there has to be a source. I've little doubt you're right - you usually are - but there has to be a source. If it's secret or confidential, then just say so. We can respect that....
Old 26 May 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3410768)   #175
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Too bad then that Bianchi came out of that without consequences, unneeded contact should be punished.
Except that Kobayashi should have conceded that he was caught napping, Bianchi was fully alongside him.