Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Jan 2024, 13:22 (Ref:4193307)   #1876
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In fairness, the Capri was more successful in Gp1 and 2 than the Commodore/Monza. The straight six just didn't work properly. As B96 says, until 2015(?) the Mustang was live rear axle but still pretty successful in GT4.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 14:02 (Ref:4193312)   #1877
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did they get to tweak the axle in GT4? Cause on the road that was definitely the weak link and loss of traction issue
Old 25 Jan 2024, 14:53 (Ref:4193319)   #1878
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I suspect they re engineered the geometry same as we did with the Capri in GP1.5. Also I'd expect them to be permitted to fit anti tramp bars etc.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 19:10 (Ref:4193343)   #1879
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Re the Monza, they didn't need any extra homologation because the front axle had a better design compared to the Capri, and the rear end was independant wheels style. More interesting, both axles were bolted to the monocoque body via two tought sub-frames (japanese style so speaking).
As to the successes in competition, I'm with you again Peter, only the first generation of Commodore A proved to be fast but unreliable even when entered under the Steinmetz banner.
May be the huge success of the Capri in Grp1, 1,5 and 1B aka Francorchamps was due to the number of cars entered, fast and reliable and pedalled by pro or semi-pro drivers? Many special parts, including complete bodies, were supplied by Ford themselves and delivered to selected teams.
Old 25 Jan 2024, 21:16 (Ref:4193357)   #1880
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How quickly would this be ended in Europe or UK? Yeah, that's her phone with Maps and video directly on the binnacle in her eye line. She pulled up in front of me with it there to park so she didn't move it.

And then palette cleanser of an old Ford. Old Ford good, new Ford God awful, old Chevy excellent, new ones induce vomit

Old 26 Jan 2024, 01:40 (Ref:4193378)   #1881
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
How quickly would this be ended in Europe or UK? Yeah, that's her phone with Maps and video directly on the binnacle in her eye line.
Another version of HUD allowing a quick make-up fix may be? If her name is Marta, the sign above her car shows that it's her reserved place!
Old 26 Jan 2024, 03:07 (Ref:4193382)   #1882
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crane ALERT!
It was doing cool stuff.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 10:29 (Ref:4193398)   #1883
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
In fairness, the Capri was more successful in Gp1 and 2 than the Commodore/Monza. The straight six just didn't work properly. As B96 says, until 2015(?) the Mustang was live rear axle but still pretty successful in GT4.
I do remember the Monza appearing in Group A rallying here in the UK at one time and doing quite well. I'm sure someone (Austin McHale?) entered one in The Circuit of Ireland rally one year and ran it without the tailgate (having apparently 'come off the car') for quite a few stages, but the real reason was that it had been removed because it was so heavy!
Old 26 Jan 2024, 14:13 (Ref:4193418)   #1884
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Crane ALERT!
It was doing cool stuff.
If the cool stuff was fighting with that other crane, then, yes, I agree.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 14:23 (Ref:4193421)   #1885
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Crane ALERT!
It was doing cool stuff.
That's a crane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
If the cool stuff was fighting with that other crane, then, yes, I agree.
The tower crane doesn't stand a chance against the mobile crane. Two different weight classes.
Old 26 Jan 2024, 15:02 (Ref:4193424)   #1886
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's a crane!

The tower crane doesn't stand a chance against the mobile crane. Two different weight classes.
Me fighting joe I'm thinking weight class wise
Old 28 Jan 2024, 23:04 (Ref:4194083)   #1887
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Our main farmers market manager bought himself a new truck and I'm jealous as hell.

Yeah, she's a respray but factory color. Interior is MINT, no wear on the sills, everything works, has that old car material smell like it's new. 105k on her, 318 Magnum engine so she starts every time. Yeah, 2nd Gen so most aren't fans but if I knew it was out there would have bought it myself. And no, nothing like the 150k Blazer from Barret Jackson yesterday, under 15k for her. Only drawback, and it's a poor design choice, 2nd Gen rear is hinged at the top only and it's a BIG rear door. I almost bought a late 80s Plymouth version of it years back and still wish I had instead of my Bronco II
Old 28 Jan 2024, 23:59 (Ref:4194086)   #1888
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Car Spotting

Have to say the red and silver colour actually works well together. Especially on that type of vehicle. Sounds like the performance is great too
Old 29 Jan 2024, 00:14 (Ref:4194087)   #1889
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw one of the new Lotus SUV things locally a few days ago. Sadly it was travelling the opposite way to me so just a brief glimpse.

Clearly, no added lightness. Nice Lotus-like metallic green colour with yellow highlights.

Also, in recent weeks on separate days close together, 2 Fisker Oceans. I had not realised they were already launched over here.
Old 29 Jan 2024, 09:10 (Ref:4194115)   #1890
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Lotus have done well with the SUV. But then they know how to make road cars and make them look good too.
Old 29 Jan 2024, 09:15 (Ref:4194116)   #1891
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The new Smart #1 is touching our shores now, many are in our streets. Announced as a new SUV, made in China, engineering due to Merc and Geely, power from 270 to 315 (Brabus AWD). Is it necessary for the intended use?

https://www.bfmtv.com/auto/essais/es...310150239.html
Old 29 Jan 2024, 18:45 (Ref:4194155)   #1892
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Our main farmers market manager bought himself a new truck and I'm jealous as hell.

Yeah, she's a respray but factory color. Interior is MINT, no wear on the sills, everything works, has that old car material smell like it's new. 105k on her, 318 Magnum engine so she starts every time. Yeah, 2nd Gen so most aren't fans but if I knew it was out there would have bought it myself. And no, nothing like the 150k Blazer from Barret Jackson yesterday, under 15k for her. Only drawback, and it's a poor design choice, 2nd Gen rear is hinged at the top only and it's a BIG rear door. I almost bought a late 80s Plymouth version of it years back and still wish I had instead of my Bronco II
That is a beauty. The few I see around town are beat to hell, nothing lookin that good.
Old 29 Jan 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4194169)   #1893
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
The new Smart #1 is touching our shores now, many are in our streets. Announced as a new SUV, made in China, engineering due to Merc and Geely, power from 270 to 315 (Brabus AWD). Is it necessary for the intended use?

https://www.bfmtv.com/auto/essais/es...310150239.html
Wow, she ain't gonna win any beauty contests that's for sure.

What is that rear 3/4 line all about?
Old 29 Jan 2024, 21:32 (Ref:4194178)   #1894
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The rear line seems to be there to enhance the design and clearly show its an EV. As you say, not a beauty on the pics and even worse in the flesh. Pouka! From 43K € french taxes included.
Old 30 Jan 2024, 09:10 (Ref:4194220)   #1895
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You don't see many of these around. A 1967 Singer Gazelle.
Attached Thumbnails
VSCC 2024_28_01 (26).jpg  
Old 1 Feb 2024, 16:03 (Ref:4194608)   #1896
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The Atlanta natives might enjoy this one, and yes she drove here and oh yes there was some mosquito fogging as she rolled up

Old 1 Feb 2024, 17:54 (Ref:4194623)   #1897
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Really good looking, great pics! They spared no rivet to build the coachwork, makes me think about Eiffel Tower and some others too.
Old 4 Feb 2024, 23:15 (Ref:4195097)   #1898
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Gentleman driving may have bought it new, looks perfect and purred like she was well maintained even on a cold damp morning
Old 4 Feb 2024, 23:35 (Ref:4195099)   #1899
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not anything to do with the car, but I certainly would hesitate before eating anything from that restaurant across the road as a skip in the UK is what you would refer to as a dumpster!
Old 5 Feb 2024, 01:29 (Ref:4195107)   #1900
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
He's not open on Sundays, but otherwise I would have tried the hot dog and sausage sammich. But our shop will be right down the street so I'm sure I'll have the chance to eat at Dumpster Bob's