Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3301133)   #176
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be generous, and let Mr G get off with "disingenuous" talking about a full 32 car grid in that interview. Full entry maybe, but unless I missed 4 or 6 cars on one of the grids this year....
Old 9 Sep 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3301208)   #177
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
I'll be generous, and let Mr G get off with "disingenuous" talking about a full 32 car grid in that interview. Full entry maybe, but unless I missed 4 or 6 cars on one of the grids this year....
Maybe he knows something about the entries for the remaking rounds, but I somehow doubt we will see the 32 car grid in full unles more has been going on behind the scenes with entries that were booked & not fulfilled!
Old 10 Sep 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3301404)   #178
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The thing is, there is always a car breaking down or not making it due to budget, crash damage or something. I doubt we will ever actually get 32 cars start a race.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3301410)   #179
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a thought: if there were 32 paid up entries for all the races this year, that makes the entry cost lower across the board. If there were, say, only 24 then costs for all of those would be higher, which might mean no-shows and much smaller grids than we have had.

It would be nice to see a full 32 car grid, for certain - but it would be nice to see full manufacturer support, high-performing fully independent teams fighting them, loads of overseas drivers... but it ain't Super Touring any more!
Old 10 Sep 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3301421)   #180
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Just a thought: if there were 32 paid up entries for all the races this year, that makes the entry cost lower across the board. If there were, say, only 24 then costs for all of those would be higher, which might mean no-shows and much smaller grids than we have had.
It's unlikely to work like that - the entry fee is more than likely just a fixed figure no matter how many (or how few) entries there are. Any extra entries once costs have been covered just means more profit for the organiser (hence why club events often have a minimum entry figure quoted - less than that number and the event isn't financially viable, more than that everything's paid for and there's money over).
Old 10 Sep 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3301422)   #181
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, the entry fee (before the deadline) is fixed. Then it's a higher fee again after the deadline has passed.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3301528)   #182
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, OK - so the flip side of this is that if you intend to run N races in a year (where N is less than the total), and fee before deadline is less than N*fee after deadline (if per event) then it makes financial sense to enter early and take a grid spot.

Obviously there's a tipping point at which per-event entry makes sense.

Still, next year there will be more second-hand NGTC chassis for sale, which will lower the entry bar somewhat for people wishing to buy one rather than build one. That means more money for entry fees, so hopefully a bigger grid.

What concerns me next year is the support packages... I can't see them growing, realistically, unless something dramatic happens to the economy. And (Clios aside) grow is what they need to do.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3301580)   #183
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Clio Cup looks likely to grow, and the Ginetta GT SuperCup will probably get some more entries with the new GT4 G55 being allowed, although I doubt we'll get that many full-season commitments. I have absolutely no idea about the Juniors, although they'll presumably have grids of 10-15 cars (depending on the amount of single-round entries really). The Porsches would be ideal to have about 25, but it would be a miracle if they get 10 for a whole season. And FF is dead. FIA F4 may salvage some grid entries, but 15 is optimistic.

BTCC however...
Old 10 Sep 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3301581)   #184
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they could run the Ginetta and Porsches together like a 2 classes race
Old 10 Sep 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3301596)   #185
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
The Clio Cup looks likely to grow, and the Ginetta GT SuperCup will probably get some more entries with the new GT4 G55 being allowed, although I doubt we'll get that many full-season commitments. I have absolutely no idea about the Juniors, although they'll presumably have grids of 10-15 cars (depending on the amount of single-round entries really). The Porsches would be ideal to have about 25, but it would be a miracle if they get 10 for a whole season. And FF is dead. FIA F4 may salvage some grid entries, but 15 is optimistic.

BTCC however...
Porsches have a new car next year and I expect grids to grow back to the levels of 2011 and 2012. Formula Ford has one season left before FIA F4 in 2015 which will boost entries...

Nobody organising these championships are sitting on their bums though. Efforts are being made, the fruits of which we will see next year and further on...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3302424)   #186
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We must be due a 2014 calendar anytime around now...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3302432)   #187
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
Yes..
http://www.btcc.net/forum/showthread...254-2014-dates
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3303425)   #188
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3303430)   #189
CarsCarsCars
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
CarsCarsCars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 13 Sep 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3303431)   #190
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello....that looks tasty, Focus-like.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3303446)   #191
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks beefy!

Waiting for the first "what?! Another hatchback?!" post......

Infinity Sports Management logos on the car. I'm assuming they're behind it. Alex Morgan the Clio driver is on their books.

Last edited by Craner Curves; 13 Sep 2013 at 16:29.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3303461)   #192
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm, so who has built the shells for this? There was a rumour a while back that RML was involved with some kind of Renault project...?
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3303507)   #193
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So who is the big sponsor behind this? Or do Renault Sport know more than they're letting on...
Old 13 Sep 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3303532)   #194
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Not sure anyone actually built the shell for this. It looks suspiciously like road car with a body kit and wide tyres rather than a real race shell.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3303558)   #195
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
Aside from the exact dates, does anyone anticipate any calendar changes from this year? I expect the calendar to be completely unchanged.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3303564)   #196
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rear wing reminds me a lot of the early noughties Honda works cars..

So many questions on this Megane however, interesting to see it pitched up outside the Renault hospitality. Does this mean Renault UK are involved? I'm assuming without Formula Renault being about they don't spend as much on the TOCA package as they once did.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3303577)   #197
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not sure anyone actually built the shell for this. It looks suspiciously like road car with a body kit and wide tyres rather than a real race shell.
Looks like 5 stud wheels rather than NGTC-sped centrelocks.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3303585)   #198
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes. The answer to the question is Renault have built the shell for this. It's not NGTC, it's just generally for sale from your local dealer!
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3303626)   #199
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed - for now it's a mocked up road car. Don't believe any direct Renault involvement.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3303639)   #200
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spot on, it is purely a 'show car' obviously to try and generate some interest and potential backing. I'll be more surprised if we see two Megane's on the grid next year than Chris James making a successful return!

The car does look good though, I hope I'm proved wrong
Closed Thread