Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 Oct 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2306620)   #176
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks better, it just got better flow
Old 8 Oct 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2306691)   #177
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it tickles mattt's fancy, so that's good enough for me. Thx.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2307113)   #178
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely better. I'm pleased you didn't lose the back bow, as it gives a bit of character to the circuit.
Old 11 Oct 2008, 08:24 (Ref:2308971)   #179
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Thx. My next track will come tomorrow. BE THERE!!!! (Speedway style)
Old 11 Oct 2008, 17:08 (Ref:2309194)   #180
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Aussie time, it is tomorrow (where is it then? :P)
Old 12 Oct 2008, 07:59 (Ref:2309846)   #181
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I meant Sunday, but only after Bathurst has finished. FORD WON!!!! Lowndes/Whincup 3 years in a row!!

Anyway, this one is called Puebla Motor Park. I know that Puebla already has a circuit, but a proper permanent race track would be the way to go. It's a little cramped but I hope that this latest one will go down with you, the judges. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Puebla .jpg  
Old 12 Oct 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2310295)   #182
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say this is impressive! Congrats to your design. I guess this track requires both good mechanical grip and a good aero kit.
The kinked front straight should be somewhat wider if you'd like to have the starting grid at the place where the finishing line is. And placing the pitlane entry before Turn 15 might make the time it takes to go through pitlane a bit shorter than it takes to go around Turn 15 and the front straight. That can cause serious problems with safety car periods, as DTM has shown at Lausitzring last year.
May I ask if the straight between Turns 7 and 8 is meant to bow towards the inside, or if it really is straight?
Thanks for posting.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2310612)   #183
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting one that TW it certainly has potential.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 06:17 (Ref:2310783)   #184
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
@Yannick: Thx! The straight between turns 7 & 8 is supposed to be a bit bowed. I'll take your other points into consideration for future designs. That might be later rather than sooner because I'm currently dry out of ideas, happens every now and then.

@SBF: I'm happy that you think it has potential, I feel good and relieved now. Thx guys. Hope some more comments come in soon.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2311626)   #185
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Liking this one rather a lot.

Couple of niggles.

The top section has a wasted opportunity with the hairpin, and I don't like the pit configuration.

To solve these problems, I would move the S/F line further down the straight, and move the pit entry to just before T16. I would then make 14 a hairpin, to take advantage of the speed off 13, and then make 15 link back to the straight with 16 in the original location.

Else it's perfect. nicely done.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2311769)   #186
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Got that Tathrim and thx. There aren't 16 turns because I didn't include the kink in the S/F straight.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2313173)   #187
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
You did. Look at the drawing. there is a 16 on that kink.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2313383)   #188
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice job Tilke, I think this is one of your better ones. At first I thought it went in the other direction, but now I realize it works much better your way! I like 5 through 9, as well as the final section.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2314354)   #189
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
@Tathrim: Oops! Thx for pointing that out. My bad.

BTW, I think you're avatar looks like Shaun the sheep!

@Stig: Thanx from you too. Judging by the attention it's received, I'd say this one is my best one to date.

My next one will be on this Saturday, my time (Tathrim) which would be from about 4-10 am your time.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 07:10 (Ref:2315092)   #190
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
As promised, my next track within the alloted timeslot. I felt it was time for me to do more of a relatively locaslised track and Barbagallo Raceway is the only track in the state and it's small and not very good, so I decided to have this newest one in the lovely Western Australia too.

It's called Motoworld Western Australia, following after Motoworld Australia and it's located outside of Perth near the Darling Ranges (eastern side of Perth about 25?kms inland). I can't remember exactly how far in because I haven't been to Perth since 2004. And Because of the location, it would probably have some good elevation changes (not like Mount Panorama though). Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Motoworld Westerrn Australia.jpg  
Old 18 Oct 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2315371)   #191
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No real complaints about this one.

One niggle would be to put the pit entry onto the straight allowing proper run off for T11.

One possible edit might be to combine T4 and T5 into a single arc from the exit of T3 into the straight at approximately the T5 Marker...but that's a minor issue.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2315522)   #192
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love it. Wonderfully simplistic but with plenty of character. I'd leave out the chicane though, much better without it. And I do agree with ScotsBrutesFan about the pit entrance. Otherwise really brilliant though.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 03:04 (Ref:2315588)   #193
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another simple yet interesting design. As far as changes I like SBF's idea to combine T4 and T5. Otherwise I would just soften T2 through T4 a bit while still keeping the first corner tight to allow overtaking. The speed you can carry through most of the circuit would make driving there very exciting!
Old 20 Oct 2008, 02:47 (Ref:2316350)   #194
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Oh SCORE!! I'm glad you like it.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2317854)   #195
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I suggest an optional infield finger in place of the chicane at 8/9/10, so that continuing on the perimeter track would be similar to the NASCAR version of the old Riverside track?
The track is a simple-looking design (and yes, they are the hard ones to get right), and should be fun.

Still, I'm sure LuiggiSpeed would point out that the combination of Turn 11 and 12 is too dangerous for fallen bike riders sliding back onto the circuit after Turn 12. A 90 degree left-hander would do the job just fine.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 20:32 (Ref:2317859)   #196
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Simple effective and well designed. however, I agree with Yannick that a bit more variety with another finger might do the trick.

Glad you like the avatar, it's actually the head of Anabelle the Sheep off of the Real player visualisation with the same name. (Don't have that anymore, but I still have a screenie from an old avatar for a different forum

Anyways, nicely done!!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 07:03 (Ref:2318052)   #197
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Thx man!

Oh, and SCHOOL'S OUT FOR ME!!!!!!! WOO WOO!!

All I have now is the Leavers' Assembly, Leavers' Luncheon straight after that, then I get dressed up for the Valedictory on Monday night.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 06:33 (Ref:2321520)   #198
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Now, before I go to get dressed up for the Valedictory, I wanna post a track. This one's called JS (I was desperate for a name at the time) and it's called that because it looks like a cross between a J and S. I haven't got any elevation changes to speak of which is a bugger but here it is. I'm sorry it's a bit squished but I was in a hurry cutting it down to size. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
JS.jpg  
Old 27 Oct 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2321725)   #199
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
I'm gonna have to edit this one myself to explain, and it may come out to be different, but there are lots of things that I'd change (esp as it is a little on the thin side for distance between the main straights.

However, it does have SOME of the qualities of Zolder.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 06:49 (Ref:2322308)   #200
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Now there's a curious thing. I've done one for my sister to look just like a seahorse too but not as many corners and as yours. Mine's just a rough shape and not as detailed to look exactly like a seahorse like yours is though. Your one is quite good, are you going to put it through the Sketchup treatment or not? Mine's completed and all and it will be on my thread in the future but I haven't scanned it on yet.

But that doesn't tell me whether you like or hate it....

@Tathrim: I don't mind if you edit it. It's all good. Is it really that bad in your eyes that you have to carry out a major edit of it?

BTW, the Valedictory was quite actually. I came reeeal close to having to sit in the front row infront of the whole crowd which wouldn't have been any fun AT ALL. Most of my friends left almost straight away at the end, probably went to get wasted on Valedictory night.

Classy!

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 28 Oct 2008 at 06:51.