Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2838807)   #2051
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Autosport who told us it was a V6 twin turbo that had also been run on the bench not so long ago !

I'm not liking the look of it at the moment and without a trial at Sebring, am doubting it will make the night at Le Mans. I hope I'm proven wrong though as there is still a long way to go.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:45 (Ref:2838808)   #2052
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I like it! It looks far better then the render they first showed when they announced the project last year.

Good livery too, although a SINGLE turbo straight six was completely unexpected. Im sure they have their reasons.

A BIG thankyou to DSC for providing free access to the launch pics and info. Much appreciated Graham and team.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2838814)   #2053
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
You can see where they're going with their claim of 540 hp from the engine; 10 less than Audi and Peugeot. We all know official power figures don't mean anything, but then why not claim the same figure? To the casual observer it already looks like petrol engines are at a disadvantage...
Sounds like the G H-C campaign is well underway already.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2838828)   #2054
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I caught it on planetlemans by the power of Twitter

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/03/...s-new-amr-one/

Knowing Dave Richards he will have the straight six sounding nice, even if the turbo will muffle it somewhat.

I just wish they could outlaw these high noses.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 02:45 (Ref:2838845)   #2055
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Just looking at the side on view it would look so much better without the fin (same could be said for any of the new cars).
Old 2 Mar 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2838847)   #2056
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
I'd say quite the contrary. Doesn't have any of the venting and shuttering you see on the R18. Broad simple shapes with few breaks for cooling or whatnot.
Thanks Mike.

From the side the car reminds me of the old Panoz LMP1, but I thought the front end looked a bit more aggressive. The engine exhaust is pretty interesting as well.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 02:52 (Ref:2838848)   #2057
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Just looking at the side on view it would look so much better without the fin (same could be said for any of the new cars).
Amen brother ..... we finally agree on something

I dont think a word has been invented yet to describe how I feel about that abortion of a fin !!!
Old 2 Mar 2011, 06:57 (Ref:2838886)   #2058
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles lives! View Post
I just wish they could outlaw these high noses.
+1. ACO could apply a similar rule to what F1 has for the sidepod area, to make sure it's all about smooth curves, rather than fins and apertures.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2838894)   #2059
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Amen brother ..... we finally agree on something
Treasure this moment it probably wont last!

Cant think of a word to describe that fin (well there is one but one Im not posting on this forum ). Hopefully the rules change again this year and it disappears.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2838895)   #2060
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
+1. ACO could apply a similar rule to what F1 has for the sidepod area, to make sure it's all about smooth curves, rather than fins and apertures.
Yes. I feel Peugeot has been beaten hard in the race to the ugliest high nose and it's clumsy attachments...

That, plus the fin, is making the overall design looking very bad to be honnest. But maybe it's like an Oreca livery, and time will help like it better...

That said, I'm very exited the car does exist! At least we get what we want, another manufacturer (which this time can claim intelectual property of its own car...) adding another design philosophy to the field, and it's own engine layout too. Diversity is really welcome in P1, so that's a great THANK YOU to Aston Martin for having the guts to take to the fight!
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2838907)   #2061
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Its the flat and high sidepods that get me - it looks a lot like the R8 from the side view
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2838909)   #2062
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I quite like it, but that's probably got a fair bit to do with the Gulf livery. It's not going to win any beauty contests, but let's hope it performs well on the track, and takes it up to the diesels.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2838921)   #2063
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It does a lot of reminding of the Panoz, that's for sure. Looks are one thing, performance is the MAIN thing. Is he playing with us though? 540hp? haha, I guess they want to let it be know that "hey if we dont match the diesels or win, were STILL down on power!" Just my guess. Nice ploy, wonder if it'll work? Looks decent, but the high nose concept must have came right from F1 lol.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2838926)   #2064
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Looks are one thing, performance is the MAIN thing. Is he playing with us though? 540hp? haha, I guess they want to let it be know that "hey if we dont match the diesels or win, were STILL down on power!" Just my guess. Nice ploy, wonder if it'll work?
Toyota does exactly the same. The official power number for their RV8KLM engine is 500+ bhp. See http://www.lemans.org/en/news/Presen...a-V8_2764.html

Audi has not released any specification for their V6 TDI engine.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2838931)   #2065
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
The engine has nothing to do with cosworth, it is designed and built in house just like everything else on the car with the exception of the gearbox.
Not quite everything apart from the gearbox, it seems..........Cosworth supply the electronics. There was a link afterall.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2838940)   #2066
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota's engine was rated at 500hp anyway in SuperGT. I'm sure it's making more than that. I do wonder if these engines are really at 550hp and such. I'm betting they make more than what they lead off.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2838963)   #2067
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmm i like, apart from those bit too large headlamps which almost look r18-ish.... sort of.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2838964)   #2068
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like the front part of the car but not so sure about the side look of the car. And that shark fin on the back...
Old 2 Mar 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2838976)   #2069
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does it remind anyone else of the Lavaggi from a couple years back?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2838980)   #2070
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
Hope that is where the similarity ends.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2838986)   #2071
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
second person today to say that. lets hope its nothing like that...

any rumours about the third driver in the 007 car?
Old 2 Mar 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2838990)   #2072
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad looking machine..

Not going to sound nearly as heavenly as the V12
Old 2 Mar 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2838997)   #2073
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
I am interested why "splitter front fender" was not adopted.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2838999)   #2074
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
That said, I'm very exited the car does exist! At least we get what we want, another manufacturer (which this time can claim intelectual property of its own car...) adding another design philosophy to the field, and it's own engine layout too. Diversity is really welcome in P1, so that's a great THANK YOU to Aston Martin for having the guts to take to the fight!
Exactly! I'm looking forward to seeing it on the track. The decision to go with the open top is a bit odd, but at least one of the major constructors is trying something different. It may not be the best looking car ever, but banning things just because we don't like the way they look might be a bit much. As for the "big honkin' fin," lets hope the rules revert ASAP unless it really is a big safety help. The IRL used the fins back in the late 90s, but they dropped it after just a couple of years. I don't know what the IRL's reasoning was for introducing and then dropping the fins, but if they are too ugly for the IRL, then they are WAY too ugly for prototypes! Can you imagine the 917 or 936 with a "big honkin' fin?" Yikes!

Unfortunately, I think just finishing Le Mans will be an achievement for this car this year given the lack of testing. Still, it will be interesting to see where it slots in amongst the lower budget P1s (AKA the petrol cars).
Old 2 Mar 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2839009)   #2075
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
second person today to say that. lets hope its nothing like that...

any rumours about the third driver in the 007 car?

It would be nice to see Jonny Cocker in that car but are they looking for money as well as speed?