Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Dec 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3695350)   #2051
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well....that may have crossed my mind......

Proper survey first, then decide. Of course there's also the small matter of whether or not it's for sale! Despite the green slime there is evidence of fairly recent titivation so it looks like a stalled project.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 23:26 (Ref:3695369)   #2052
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Well....that may have crossed my mind......

Proper survey first, then decide. Of course there's also the small matter of whether or not it's for sale! Despite the green slime there is evidence of fairly recent titivation so it looks like a stalled project.
Might it be less costly to obtain a new chassis and get someone to build a "replica" body onto it?
Old 11 Dec 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3695371)   #2053
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But much less fun, unless you get pleasure from writing cheques......
Old 12 Dec 2016, 05:52 (Ref:3695418)   #2054
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Wish I did have one, but can I say that does look really good in that colour scheme. More pictures please.
Thanks, I've been vintage racing my '57 100-SIX for over 10yrs. It's an origanl Florida Green car with factory Old English White hardtop. In preparing my car, the goal was to present a vintage big Healey racer as it appeared in the late
50's & early 60's in California where I found it.
Attached Thumbnails
RMMR T-11.jpg   '57 AH 100-6MM Shade.jpg   '57 100-SIX MM Tri-Carb Motor.jpg  

'57 Interior.jpg  
'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2
Old 12 Dec 2016, 07:55 (Ref:3695434)   #2055
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Colin, In my recent past I was design manager for what's left of Bedford. Which mostly involved keeping the MoD fleet running, However, there are a few notable Bedord nerds around and more practical underpinnings has been done. . . .
Old 12 Dec 2016, 08:16 (Ref:3695439)   #2056
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think it's got to be done, Colin!

Old 12 Dec 2016, 10:03 (Ref:3695468)   #2057
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I think so too Mike!

Another little winter project, just numbers and minor details to finish. Track should be up next weekend.

I'm off to collect the Tornado from fabricators tomorrow, ready to start a dry chassis build . . .
Attached Thumbnails
356 slot car.JPG  
Old 12 Dec 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3695500)   #2058
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

On the other hand, the RL wrecker I knew in a former life was petrol, 35mph and 4mpg, don't think we'd be taking it to Pau, might stretch to Brands!
Reminds me of the guys Iain and I met at Pau a few years ago.

Father and son FJ team from Germany with a rather nice dual car plus small workshop area trailer and a "motorhome" for at least 4 people based on what I recall was a Bedford chassis based British Military issue school bus as used when the UK had bases in Germany.

They did mention that although it provided quite a good level of accommodation the top speed of the combined rig was not much more than 40mph (or it might have been kph) and any hills were something of a challenge.

The mountains, presumably required extended detours.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3695539)   #2059
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I think so too Mike!

Another little winter project, just numbers and minor details to finish. Track should be up next weekend.
NICE! 1/32 I presume. What is the base model?

Engine cover open or closed.....
Old 12 Dec 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3695575)   #2060
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think so too Mike!

I'm off to collect the Tornado from fabricators tomorrow, ready to start a dry chassis build . . .
Can you eat it it Joe.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3695582)   #2061
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Can you eat it it Joe.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3695731)   #2062
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
1/32 Ninco slot model . . . I considered opening the tail but decided I'd stick to arrival trim. no cill dent either
Old 15 Dec 2016, 10:43 (Ref:3696373)   #2063
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Can't let the only interesting thread drop off page 1 !

Slot car ready for action, and Tornado back at base, cage made and fitted, tank as well, closing panels and bulkhead also fabricated. rear suspension is the only outstanding issue, drawings done for uprated shafts and symmetrical uprights!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6379.JPG   IMG_6380.JPG   IMG_8455 copy.jpg  

IMG_6383 copy.jpg  
Old 15 Dec 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3696420)   #2064
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Probably find a new age traveller lives in it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Dec 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3696447)   #2065
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lotus 22 rebuild.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	48740
Better join you Joe. Again not much to show in two weeks. Only get Saturday to work on the rebuild. Seems to be one step forward two steps back at moment. Water pipes in and half the oil pipes in full areo quip.
Old 15 Dec 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3696466)   #2066
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, thanks to Iain advising me to use Peter Baldwin to sort the carburation gremlins on my 40, we now have a really hairy engined beast ready for next season ....... NOT !!!!!!!
The bloomin, clutch won,t clear now, and it did when the whole lot went back together. All the hydraulics are working perfect and the actuating rod and lever are doing their job. So now got to split gearbox from engine which involves dismantling so much freshly put together stuff including the new manifold system, and find out what is going on !!
What with the Lola in a thousand bits and the 917 starting to drip oil from an oil seal in the gearbox since refilling with Swepco, I could wish Christmas and motorsport further !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
503.JPG   452.JPG   548.JPG  

Old 16 Dec 2016, 08:06 (Ref:3696594)   #2067
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
But you're in Spain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Probably find a new age traveller lives in it !
Old 16 Dec 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3696598)   #2068
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But you're in Spain?

No! No! Zef, He's an Old Age Traveller
Old 17 Dec 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3696828)   #2069
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
The bloomin, clutch won,t clear now, and it did when the whole lot went back together. All the hydraulics are working perfect and the actuating rod and lever are doing their job. So now got to split gearbox from engine which involves dismantling so much freshly put together stuff !
Before you start pulling it apart it could be just the clutch plate/plates stuck together, if you have room warm the engine up and then try and start it up in gear with the clutch pushed down, I might be teaching you to suck eggs but I've seen this many times !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Dec 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3696829)   #2070
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
No! No! Zef, He's an Old Age Traveller
Not as old as you Bob
Old 17 Dec 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3696834)   #2071
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not as old as you Bob
Who is Gordon?
Old 17 Dec 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3696848)   #2072
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Who is Gordon?
I jest, but my old man nearly made 101.
Old 18 Dec 2016, 02:03 (Ref:3696891)   #2073
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Before you start pulling it apart it could be just the clutch plate/plates stuck together, if you have room warm the engine up and then try and start it up in gear with the clutch pushed down, I might be teaching you to suck eggs but I've seen this many times !
Agreed - done this a few times - sometimes actually had to drive the car around with the clutch pedal depressed and then do a hard stop whilst heel and to-ing to keep the revs up to break the sticking driven plate from the flywheel......
Old 18 Dec 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3696939)   #2074
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We had a coach race transporter we used to have to do this on every year. We'd tow it with my dad's Range Rover, drop it into first gear then I'd nip between the two and unhook the rope at which stage he'd drive away in the RR. He of course was in low ratio so barely had enough speed to make the gap. All this on the main road through the village. Happy days!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Dec 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3696949)   #2075
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Agreed - done this a few times - sometimes actually had to drive the car around with the clutch pedal depressed and then do a hard stop whilst heel and to-ing to keep the revs up to break the sticking driven plate from the flywheel......
Done that a few times as well, sometimes having to drive miles with the pedal pushed down and going on and off the gas to break it away, however I don't know if this happens on metal clutch plates like it does on asbestos ones.
One of the things we do in the trade to fit a clutch fast on Front Wheel Drive vehicles is glue the centre plate to the pressure plate so that you can do the job by getting just enough clearance between the engine and bell housing to slip the clutch in. You then have to do the above to break the bond