Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Jun 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2718307)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Moto GP 2011 Thread

Well, the silly season race for the 2011 grid is already well under way. As we all know; Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa are all wrapping up their existing contracts in 2010. So they are free to look around.

The big question is where will Rossi go? Well, the rumors have been that he would be on an Italian bike in 2011. Titles with three different makes would be a nice feat, not to mention Rossi on a red Italian bike is like the second coming. Rumors now say Ducati (and Phillip Morris?) have offered 15 million euros along with other perks. The other perks may include future involvement in the team, or possible tie ups with Fiat in rallying or Ferrari in F1.

The first real rumor though, was that Stoner had already signed with Honda. More fuel was added when it was said Stoner's crew were told to consider the chance of alternate employment. He didn’t really have kind words for Honda when he left, but Livio Suppo is now involved. Although sharing a team with Pedrosa, I wonder if Stoner has thought of the Puig factor? He may want to talk to Nicky about that.

Not a lot has been said about Pedrosa. But I imagine Repsol would like to keep him on a Honda. And I think Honda would like to keep Repsol. Pedrosa and Stoner would be a quick package, considering they are the two lightest blokes on the grid.

Side note, where would Dovi go? Two Italians at Ducati? Well ok, I just threw that in as a guess. Nothing has been said about that. But I did hear the possibility of three factory Hondas, with Dovi on his own bike in Red Bull colors. That would be nice for the sake of the grid.

Ok, it's time to mention Lorenzo. Honestly, Yamaha are daft if they let him go. As awesome as Rossi is, they do need to hedge their bets for the future. I really can't see him elsewhere.

Most people assume Ben Spies will slot into Rossi’s vacant spot should he leave, which is probably true. But I don’t know who else Yamaha might be looking at.

Nothing has been really said about Nicky Hayden so far, being the only other rider on the top three teams. Rossi would probably be ok with him on the number two bike. But not sure if Ducati are ok with that. Hayden has shown improvement, but not enough in my opinion.

The only other silly season rumor I have heard is that Capirossi is lobbying for a Tech 3 seat. Seriously Loris, I think it’s time to hang it up.

Speaking of Capirossi, that leaves the Suzuki team as the last two factory bikes. But I think that team is best described as the legion of the damned.

That’s all I have so far, please discuss.