Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Mar 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3225152)   #201
kartincolin
Rookie

Ireland
Cavan, Ireland
kartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkartincolin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite what Lewis says, he definitely has the mental edge now over Nico and believes he is the team`s undisputed Number 1.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3225199)   #202
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think that's true for a moment. After 2 races and one team order? Nah.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3225276)   #203
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
migliacars has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have always thought that Nico was a better all round driver than Hamilton and this last race in my mind confirmed it. But time will hopefully tell us this, unless Mr Brawn keeps letting Lewis win.

The look on Nicole s face when lewis messed up the pit stop was priceless. Id be so embarrassed if that was me.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:10 (Ref:3225284)   #204
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by migliacars View Post
I have always thought that Nico was a better all round driver than Hamilton and this last race in my mind confirmed it. But time will hopefully tell us this, unless Mr Brawn keeps letting Lewis win.

The look on Nicole s face when lewis messed up the pit stop was priceless. Id be so embarrassed if that was me.
I would love you to elaborate on why you think Nico is a better all round driver, i am hardly a Lewis fan but i would wager you are very much in the minority with that opinion.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3225301)   #205
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
I would love you to elaborate on why you think Nico is a better all round driver, i am hardly a Lewis fan but i would wager you are very much in the minority with that opinion.

I can agree with you that I am probably in the minority.

But go onto Youtube and search.

Lewis Hamilton mistakes.
Nico Rosberb mistakes.

A good driver is not just about quick laps. To finish first, first you need to finish.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3225314)   #206
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Lewis Hamilton mistakes.
Nico Rosberb mistakes.

A good driver is not just about quick laps. To finish first, first you need to finish.
You will have to do a bit better than that i am afraid, Zsolt Baumgartner didn't make many mistakes either, can i assume he is better than Lewis aswell?
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3225318)   #207
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
You will have to do a bit better than that i am afraid, Zsolt Baumgartner didn't make many mistakes either, can i assume he is better than Lewis aswell?

As I said in an earlier post only time will tell who is the better driver unless Mr Brawn again makes Nico stay behind Lewis. But we will all here it on the radio.
That has got to be the ultimate insult to a race driver. I know I would be embarrassed if i were Lewis.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 00:18 (Ref:3225333)   #208
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't think that's true for a moment. After 2 races and one team order? Nah.
Better to wait until there's been about six or seven races and about five team orders.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3225344)   #209
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They'll need lots of codes for that.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3225464)   #210
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering the weakend state of Hamilton's car, the easiest instruction Brawn could've demanded was for Hamilton to let Rosberg past. In the current situation, Rosberg feels aggrieved, and Hamilton/the team can't enjoy the podium. Reverse the positions, Rosberg and the team can enjoy the podium and Hamilton, while he may be a little annoyed, can work on his/the cars weakness without being hassled about what happened for the next 3 weeks.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3225470)   #211
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Lewis Hamilton mistakes.
Nico Rosberb mistakes.

Youtube videos - the parameter by which all drivers are measured.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3225479)   #212
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Considering the weakend state of Hamilton's car, the easiest instruction Brawn could've demanded was for Hamilton to let Rosberg past. In the current situation, Rosberg feels aggrieved, and Hamilton/the team can't enjoy the podium. Reverse the positions, Rosberg and the team can enjoy the podium and Hamilton, while he may be a little annoyed, can work on his/the cars weakness without being hassled about what happened for the next 3 weeks.
Refreshing to read a sensible post amongst all these F1 threads.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3225491)   #213
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3225594)   #214
migliacars
Racer

United Kingdom
doncaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post

You have got to agree with is comment.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3225597)   #215
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not necessarily no.

Everyone seems to assume Rosberg had a ton more fuel in his car. I would suggest that wasn't the case.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3225599)   #216
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Not necessarily no.

Everyone seems to assume Rosberg had a ton more fuel in his car. I would suggest that wasn't the case.
Maybe the fuel thing was just their version of 'Multi-21'. I find it difficult to believe that any F1 team could get its fuel usage that wrong.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3225600)   #217
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is not unusual to balls up the fuel. McLaren underfuelled Hamilton in the British GP in 2011.

Renault overfuelled Alonso in qualifying at Malaysia in 2006.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 02:45 (Ref:3225839)   #218
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the more likely reason for Lewis being given the nod to bring it home in front of Rosberg isnt because he is a number 1 driver at the team. Rather Hamo probably has a performance clause in his contract that says if the team dont get x constructors and him x WDC points then its a reflection of a non-copmpetitive team and if he wants can terminate the multi year contract.

So its in the interests of the team to avoid any such discussions and where possible let him accrue the points that will help him reach that cut-off point
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3225890)   #219
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
I think the more likely reason for Lewis being given the nod to bring it home in front of Rosberg isnt because he is a number 1 driver at the team. Rather Hamo probably has a performance clause in his contract that says if the team dont get x constructors and him x WDC points then its a reflection of a non-copmpetitive team and if he wants can terminate the multi year contract.

So its in the interests of the team to avoid any such discussions and where possible let him accrue the points that will help him reach that cut-off point
Now that I think is an excellent explanation of the situation...
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3225895)   #220
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post

I think you're right and that it must have been something along those lines. It was clear that Hamilton had a problem. We don't know whether Rosberg had one or not, but it appeared he could have gone faster for longer. It appears illogical to have kept him behind Hamilton, even Lewis acknowledges that.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3225900)   #221
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Lewis, I didn't feel good watching team orders being used in this way. Being a fan of Hamilton I want to see him finish in a position on merit, not because his team mate is being instructed to not race him.

Mercedes watched as both drivers overtake each other twice in the previous laps and then called a stop to it. It was either a decision based on keeping both cars in the race, or they wanted Lewis to get his first podium for Mercedes with it being a big two fingers up to McLaren. As it turned out they had one very embarrassed driver on the podium and another who felt hard done by. Hopefully as Lewis settles in the team, he will be outperforming Rosberg on merit. I have no doubt Lewis is still finding his feet and his performance will improve as the season continues.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3225942)   #222
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Looking at the points, you would have to say that Hamilton is the better driver. But that's only if you look at the points. Rosberg's had a gearbox failure and team orders to contend with. He can't be a happy chappy at the moment.

Last edited by Marbot; 28 Mar 2013 at 11:40.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3225950)   #223
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good post Marbot
Old 28 Mar 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3226016)   #224
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure he's not happy at all looking foward at the season.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3226051)   #225
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Looking at the points, you would have to say that Hamilton is the better driver. But that's only if you look at the points. Rosberg's had a gearbox failure and team orders to contend with. He can't be a happy chappy at the moment.
But I thought we established in the Button/Hamilton thread that mechanical failures count for nothing and magically disappear?