Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jun 2014, 05:17 (Ref:3424806)   #201
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
I wonder if Clearwater would bring two cars? The McLaren too?

I cant wait for them to announce who will drive. I've heard some really REALLY good rumour, but its best to let it get out first.

Whatever happens, it'll be huge.

I've just been doing some Team Vicious Rumour Racing admin, and at this stage we're going to enter as soon as entries open.
Is Balzan your wish list ?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3424824)   #202
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
On the anniversary of Allans death, I only have one wish.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3424828)   #203
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Wasn't Balzan on your wish this year but events happened to prevent him joining you guys??

Please someone grab Gimmi Bruni he is without top 3 GT driver in the world. Top shelf.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3424888)   #204
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wasn't Balzan on your wish this year but events happened to prevent him joining you guys??

Please someone grab Gimmi Bruni he is without top 3 GT driver in the world. Top shelf.
Balzan tested for us and it was planned he would race for us, but his calendar got awkward so we postponed.

Then, events transpired and it's fair to say we hardly impressed!

Never say never, though.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3425103)   #205
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
speedcafe suggesting that the v8 test day may clash with the 12 hour, thus V8 drivers will not be able to compete in the 12 hour
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3425110)   #206
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
speedcafe suggesting that the v8 test day may clash with the 12 hour, thus V8 drivers will not be able to compete in the 12 hour
How petty for V8 supercars to even contemplate doing that.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:46 (Ref:3425113)   #207
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
re Entry list vs Cap, what about a Cap on each class, with any extras per class put on a standby list, if say Class B doesn't reach its cap, an extra standby Class A car can be added to reach 55 cars?

Keeps the people who want to see/enter lower classes happy, and potentially encourages getting entry forms in early?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3425117)   #208
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
How petty for V8 supercars to even contemplate doing that.
the lesser of two evils, they don't want to go up against the Cricket world cup which starts the next weekend

Besides many, including yourself, are saying the 12 hour is a competitor, why should v8 supercars give it a hand.

however its not good for the drivers who are hoping to get OS opportunities as a result of competing in the 12 hour
Old 22 Jun 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3425126)   #209
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty poor form by V8SC if they have a clash of dates. Just shows that the brains trust at V8SC has not improved. They dont care about Australian motorsport just about themselves.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3425127)   #210
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lowndes pretty much confirming his drive with Maranello again which is great news.
CL's comment of " it will be interesting to see who turns up for what" is throwing a hand grenade in there.
If there is a date clash, would it not be compulsory that the main drivers attend the V8 test day ?
It's going to be a nightmare for teams who had planned on having a V8 Supercar driver(s) in their line up and now won't know if their available until September.

Last edited by Reload; 22 Jun 2014 at 23:54.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3425132)   #211
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's hoping V8SC can bring forward the date a week.

It'd be a terrible shame if there was a date clash.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3425136)   #212
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Betty and erebus will be too happy about this. Neither will Nissan and Lowndes (and probably a few other drivers too). Wonder if Betty and Co could cause enough of a stink to get the test moved one week before the 12 hour.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3425138)   #213
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard enough in this country for motorsport to thrive and prosper.
They last thing any category should be doing is hurting another, very poor form by V8 supercars. Shouldn't expect anything less though
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:46 (Ref:3425140)   #214
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
I don't think Betty and erebus will be too happy about this. Neither will Nissan and Lowndes (and probably a few other drivers too). Wonder if Betty and Co could cause enough of a stink to get the test moved one week before the 12 hour.
Throw in SVG as seeing that the Quinn's are paying his bills, I'm sure that they would want him behind the wheel at the mountain even though their paying his V8 Supercar bill also.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 01:18 (Ref:3425149)   #215
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Throw in SVG as seeing that the Quinn's are paying his bills, I'm sure that they would want him behind the wheel at the mountain even though their paying his V8 Supercar bill also.
Exactly.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 01:35 (Ref:3425152)   #216
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
the lesser of two evils, they don't want to go up against the Cricket world cup which starts the next weekend
Doesnt the world cup start in Melbourne? A test day in Sydney shouldnt be too much of a concern?

Alternatively why not go the weekend before the Bathust 12 Hour?

Quote:
Besides many, including yourself, are saying the 12 hour is a competitor, why should v8 supercars give it a hand.
V8SA is a category of motorsport, why water down both events by going head to head. Its childish and seems very backwards from a company that was publicly saying last year how its priority was to grow motorsport in Australia.

Quote:
however its not good for the drivers who are hoping to get OS opportunities as a result of competing in the 12 hour
There are some great quotes from Lowdnes and Kelly in the Speedcafe article. Lowdnes basically saying he would be interested to see which dirvers turned up where
Old 23 Jun 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3425153)   #217
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drivers can say whatever they like, however they'd need the backing of their V8SC teams to actually do anything about it.

This will be a true test of Mr Warburton's feelings towards Australian motorsport as a whole.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3425154)   #218
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Doesnt the world cup start in Melbourne? A test day in Sydney shouldnt be too much of a concern?

Alternatively why not go the weekend before the Bathust 12 Hour?

V8SA is a category of motorsport, why water down both events by going head to head. Its childish and seems very backwards from a company that was publicly saying last year how its priority was to grow motorsport in Australia.

There are some great quotes from Lowdnes and Kelly in the Speedcafe article. Lowdnes basically saying he would be interested to see which dirvers turned up where
Im only going from the article, same as you (it actually might not happen) Foxtel has the world cup and foxtel wants to cover the pre season v8 session, it also takes any media focus away from the Series launch by being up against the world cup

the weekend before the 12 hour is too early in the season, cars and teams need a break

Like i said , people (including yourself) treat the 12 hour as a competitor to v8s, why should v8s not try and water the 12 hour down, Its not v8s responsibility to promote the 12 hour, But i really dont think this is their goal, dont really think the 12 hour is on most peoples radar.

the drivers will turn up where there bread is buttered and where the bigger crowd will turn up, which will be the v8 test day.

Still hopefully they cancel the Sunday idea at a minumum and the v8 drivers can run in the 12 hour. although will give the v8 drivers a shortage of time in the car. The race would be hurt from a marketing point of view, by not having them there
Old 23 Jun 2014, 02:24 (Ref:3425155)   #219
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This play may have worked when the stars were making significantly more than they do today. But in this climate, I don't think V8SC has the pull left to keep away drivers who want to make a little extra on the side.

The crowd would be bigger at the B12HR and the international exposure is massive compared to doing a pre season test. The outcome of this will be very interesting.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 02:31 (Ref:3425157)   #220
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
This play may have worked when the stars were making significantly more than they do today. But in this climate, I don't think V8SC has the pull left to keep away drivers who want to make a little extra on the side.

The crowd would be bigger at the B12HR and the international exposure is massive compared to doing a pre season test. The outcome of this will be very interesting.
the only thing that is interesting is if the weekend clash and if so how

V8 drivers will be at the pre season test because thats where they get paid,
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:00 (Ref:3425164)   #221
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Im only going from the article, same as you (it actually might not happen) Foxtel has the world cup and foxtel wants to cover the pre season v8 session, it also takes any media focus away from the Series launch by being up against the world cup
Foxtel can still cover both - they have multiple channels. Not to be argumentative but going of previous years how much media did the pre season test get? My thoughts was that it was mostly motorsport media + the paid for Telegraph fanboism which would still turn up regardless of the cricket game in Melbourne.

Quote:
the weekend before the 12 hour is too early in the season, cars and teams need a break
Its 7 days earlier than what is currently being thrown about

Quote:
dont really think the 12 hour is on most peoples radar.
I am not sure what radar you are using.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:08 (Ref:3425168)   #222
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
I wonder if Clearwater would bring two cars? The McLaren too?

I cant wait for them to announce who will drive. I've heard some really REALLY good rumour, but its best to let it get out first.

Whatever happens, it'll be huge.

I've just been doing some Team Vicious Rumour Racing admin, and at this stage we're going to enter as soon as entries open.
I've just had some correspondence with Mok and Baird wasnt offered a drive due to Mok's new arrangements. I'm sure that ff and Scud know who 1 of the drivers is, however Mok would like it to be done officially.
We will be seeing one of the worlds best GT drivers
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3425169)   #223
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Foxtel can still cover both - they have multiple channels. Not to be argumentative but going of previous years how much media did the pre season test get? My thoughts was that it was mostly motorsport media + the paid for Telegraph fanboism which would still turn up regardless of the cricket game in Melbourne.

Its 7 days earlier than what is currently being thrown about

I am not sure what radar you are using.
As i said only going by the article, I agree, not sure why it would be an issue apart from what is in the article

I know its 7 days earlier but it would be actually be 2 weeks earlier than last year or just 8 weeks after the end of the season, much too early for them after annual leave is included, reckon they will struggle a bit even for the 12 hour weekend

Im guessing im using the real world radar, the radar where you know that the crowd at the 12 hour is smaller than the v8 pre season test day
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:23 (Ref:3425172)   #224
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Like i said , people (including yourself) treat the 12 hour as a competitor to v8s, why should v8s not try and water the 12 hour down, Its not v8s responsibility to promote the 12 hour, But i really dont think this is their goal, dont really think the 12 hour is on most peoples radar.

the drivers will turn up where there bread is buttered and where the bigger crowd will turn up, which will be the v8 test day.

Still hopefully they cancel the Sunday idea at a minumum and the v8 drivers can run in the 12 hour. although will give the v8 drivers a shortage of time in the car. The race would be hurt from a marketing point of view, by not having them there
Admittedly, this date clash might not happen. Hopefully, Mr Warburton was just throwing it out there to see what the response would be. If the date clash did proceed, given that the B12 was locked in months ago, I would be mightily annoyed if V8SC drivers were prevented from drives, and hopefully they would be too.

For V8SC to say they were more worried about clashing with the cricket than clashing with the B12 is a joke. What are they going to do with the Clipsal dates? Cancel it? Delay it till April? Hold it before the test day? Or will they simply clash with the cricket?

Come on, V8SC, get serious and support Australian motorsport.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3425180)   #225
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I've just had some correspondence with Mok and Baird wasnt offered a drive due to Mok's new arrangements. I'm sure that ff and Scud know who 1 of the drivers is, however Mok would like it to be done officially.
We will be seeing one of the worlds best GT drivers
Make that most likely 2 of the worlds best GT drivers.