Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 2007, 20:29 (Ref:2065157)   #201
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Oh god, the Chilton brothers possibly on the same team? That could be interesting.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2065161)   #202
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Oh god, the Chilton brothers possibly on the same team? That could be interesting.
To be brutally honest, he has had a **** poor season in BF3 this year, 0 points. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Zero - it's not as if he missed half the season (he only missed one). He might go join his brother in Tintops and try to see if he is luckier/better in a tourer ...

Re. the SEAT Leon Supercopa ... maybe make the prize a used SEAT Leon S2000 car and a small amount of funds ...
Old 11 Nov 2007, 21:22 (Ref:2065181)   #203
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only time I have seen Max Chilton race this year was in the LMP1 Zytek at the LMS round at Silverstone back in Septemeber and I was very impressed.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2065203)   #204
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If the last rumour I heard was true then there may be a change of plan as far as the Chilton brothers go. Seems that Tom may have signed to drive for another team. Given the team I'm a little sceptical, but it is silly season and anything is possible.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2065217)   #205
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
The only time I have seen Max Chilton race this year was in the LMP1 Zytek at the LMS round at Silverstone back in Septemeber and I was very impressed.
And he was partnered by his brother Tom!

Apparently, Max has a new F3 car for 2008, So the ford drive may certainly, only be, as it is listed, a rumour!
Old 11 Nov 2007, 23:09 (Ref:2065260)   #206
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
To be brutally honest, he has had a **** poor season in BF3 this year, 0 points. Zilch. Zip. Nada. Zero - it's not as if he missed half the season (he only missed one). He might go join his brother in Tintops and try to see if he is luckier/better in a tourer ...

Re. the SEAT Leon Supercopa ... maybe make the prize a used SEAT Leon S2000 car and a small amount of funds ...
That "interesting" wasn't meant to be a good one, haha.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2067359)   #207
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max wasn't eligible to score points for most of the year, as he was entered in the guest class because (I can't remember right) either he was too young or his licence didn't enable him to score.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2067477)   #208
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
If the last rumour I heard was true then there may be a change of plan as far as the Chilton brothers go. Seems that Tom may have signed to drive for another team. Given the team I'm a little sceptical, but it is silly season and anything is possible.
What, you mean the story in MN linking him with Team Dynamics?
Old 14 Nov 2007, 18:33 (Ref:2067488)   #209
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think anyone will want Tom Chilton after his current bad season, I still think that Arena will be running TC's car ...
Old 14 Nov 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2067543)   #210
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally
What, you mean the story in MN linking him with Team Dynamics?
Come on, if someone told you that would you have believed it? From what I've since heard my scepticism may have been misplaced.

Big question now is what happens to Arena.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2067567)   #211
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Three where a couple of other names in the article too - Rickard Rydell and Paul Radisich. I think those names can go in the I will believe it when I see it.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2067575)   #212
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I'd love to see a return from Mr Radish. He's not got a full time V8 Supertanks seat so could come over to the UK.

What's Aaron Slight doing now? I believe it's TV in NZ. Another thought - now he's matured a bit (and has won the ATCC), do we think Farique Hariuman could make a BTCC return? I think he could get some good results in the right gear.

Re. Arena ... what cars would they go for?

They could either develop their own Foci (unlikely) or for that matter something else, maybe go down the customer route. In that case, a pair of Lacettis could be useful, a brace of C30s would be usable, JAS might have a couple of Accords floating around to sell, someone has developed Corollas, maybe even a pair of BMWs, that would boost the Beamer count fo five, plus any E46, Rick Kerry and his team-mate ...
Old 14 Nov 2007, 21:35 (Ref:2067604)   #213
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They could either develop their own Foci (unlikely) or for that matter something else, maybe go down the customer route. In that case, a pair of Lacettis could be useful, a brace of C30s would be usable, JAS might have a couple of Accords floating around to sell, someone has developed Corollas, maybe even a pair of BMWs, that would boost the Beamer count fo five, plus any E46, Rick Kerry and his team-mate ...
Arena were making noises about buying a couple of 320sis for 2007. If they have the resources to buy new S2000 cars it's got to be the best bet surely?
Old 14 Nov 2007, 21:37 (Ref:2067607)   #214
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Arena were making noises about buying a couple of 320sis for 2007. If they have the resources to buy new S2000 cars it's got to be the best bet surely?
With the C30 on the table now when it wasn't, surely they might want to go for the Volvo, bearing in mind there already is a BMW team in the BTCC ...
Old 14 Nov 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2067609)   #215
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1625

TCT reporting Chilton to Dynamics ... doubt it myself.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2067613)   #216
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Arena are/were developing new Ford Focuses with funding help from Chilton's father.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2067616)   #217
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With the C30 on the table now when it wasn't, surely they might want to go for the Volvo, bearing in mind there already is a BMW team in the BTCC ...
Depends how "on the table" the C30s are. Plus they're brand new and unproven. Whereas anyone can go and buy a new/used 320si from BMW which is a proven race-winner in the BTCC.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 23:20 (Ref:2067652)   #218
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Arena are/were developing new Ford Focuses with funding help from Chilton's father.
How many times have Arena been in that position?
Old 15 Nov 2007, 08:25 (Ref:2067811)   #219
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could never see Arena going for Volvo C30's, at least not cars from Polestar.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 11:58 (Ref:2067945)   #220
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the sound of Arena with a pair of Ford Focus or Chevy (Daewoo?) Lacetti's, a new car for the BTCC.

On the subject of who'll partner Flash at TD, I fancy that Gareth Howell will find himself back there next season.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 13:29 (Ref:2068020)   #221
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally
How many times have Arena been in that position?
They've run Tom in the BTCC Civic and LMS, and I hadn't realised until recently they also ran Max in F3.

From the conversation I had this morning it seems the whole Arena/Ford project may be on hold for now, or at least no longer pressing ahead quite so quickly.
Old 15 Nov 2007, 14:17 (Ref:2068075)   #222
Aunt Sally
Veteran

What I meant was, they have looked at doing a touring car programme, and it didn't materialise?
Old 16 Nov 2007, 10:17 (Ref:2068733)   #223
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What will Huff do next season? He might be dropped next season at Chevy in the WTCC. Second Seat, or maybe second TD Honda?
Old 16 Nov 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2068778)   #224
SEATFreak
Racer

Spain
SEATFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
What will Huff do next season? He might be dropped next season at Chevy in the WTCC. Second Seat, or maybe second TD Honda?
That would be a dream move for me, Huffy returning to SEAT. I rekon Jase' and Huff in a TDi Leon would be a strong formula.

He hasn't been unconfirmed but I still haven't heard anything that says he has been confirmed.

When I last read about RML only Menu was signed up.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 19:35 (Ref:2069718)   #225
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tom Chilton officially confirmed at Team Halfords for 2008

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc...nd_driver.html
Closed Thread