Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Jan 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2115880)   #201
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
There are two or three FFord teams looking to move up as well. It'll be about the same as last year.
Nexa Racing were planning on running a couple of cars weren't they? Theres one
Old 2 Feb 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2119227)   #202
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The testing ban is lifted in less than two weeks now, but there are still some important seats to fill. For instance:

Hitech Racing: TBA, Walter Grubmüller and Max Chilton
Fortec Motorsport: TBA, Fredric Ericsson, Philip Major and maybe another TBA.

All the teams will have new or different cars to test, so they are raring to go, but from what I've heard all the major suppliers are being very slow in delivering what they need, e.g. Dallara, Bosch (for the FIA Control ECU and electronic systems) and HWA (for the Mercedes engines).

Even the National Class guys are stuck, waiting for a Dallara part to enable them to fit the control NBE control Mugen-Honda engines into the more modern chassis they are running this year.
Old 3 Feb 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2119761)   #203
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any word on what Asmer's up to this year, aside from his reserve duties at BMW, is he signed-on anywhere yet?
Old 3 Feb 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2119792)   #204
OJB
Veteran

United Kingdom
OJB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully he will do a Vettel and get a WSR drive. Did wonder about DTM, but not now he is under BMW contract
Old 3 Feb 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2119882)   #205
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
But... a drive in FR3.5 isn't the same as the drive in GP2. I can undrestand him not going to GP2... say, no money, no honey. But I would think twice before I sign anything in FR3.5, there were so many good, very good drivers, in what should have been very good cars, and they didn't deliver results.

Look where Epsilon was last two years, look at Comtec last year, Draco is still near the top, and IMO this is the place to be, and Carlin does good... but year-by-year leading teams are changing, and... I am not sure if it's only because of driver's talent, or also engineers talents. So to sum this up, season in WSR could sky rocket his career or slow it down. IMHO ofc.
Old 3 Feb 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2119893)   #206
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
bucharest or valencia.... hmm.
Bucharest of course

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Feb 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2120760)   #207
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
But... a drive in FR3.5 isn't the same as the drive in GP2. I can undrestand him not going to GP2... say, no money, no honey. But I would think twice before I sign anything in FR3.5, there were so many good, very good drivers, in what should have been very good cars, and they didn't deliver results.

Look where Epsilon was last two years, look at Comtec last year, Draco is still near the top, and IMO this is the place to be, and Carlin does good... but year-by-year leading teams are changing, and... I am not sure if it's only because of driver's talent, or also engineers talents. So to sum this up, season in WSR could sky rocket his career or slow it down. IMHO ofc.
But the same goes for GP2 Alex, no? It seems like quite a cop-out suggesting a driver skip a rung on the ladder for fear of failure.

I dunno Alex...he's already assigned in F1 anyway so, maybe it's no bother.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2120761)   #208
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd say the world series is the same sort of gamble as formula renault. you can go with the best team with the best engineers, but you still won't win...

i wonder whether the best present for marko from bmw would be a drive in the wtcc to broaden the mind a little...
Old 4 Feb 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2120895)   #209
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i'd say the world series is the same sort of gamble as formula renault. you can go with the best team with the best engineers, but you still won't win...
Isn't that how racing is supposed to work? You must be fast driver too and not just pay for the best car&team to win!
Old 5 Feb 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2121688)   #210
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to avoid scrolling down all the pages of this thread, has a testing calendar been published?
When/Where the first session?
Old 7 Feb 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2123159)   #211
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Today's issue of Autosport informs about new National Class team called Litespeed F3 set up by ex-Lotus engineer Steve kenchington and Nino Judge. Team will use SLC chassis built and ran by Signature in 2005 and Target Racing in German Cup in 2006.
Old 7 Feb 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2123171)   #212
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Can moderator please add this post to previous one!

I found tghat site:litespeedf3.com. Can someone please tell who drives the car fitted with NBE engine in the gallery area?
Old 7 Feb 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2123566)   #213
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The link to that story, for those who like such things, is here. In the photo, it's ahead of a Lola and a Dallara...

When the car was run in the F3EurosSeries by Signature, it was driven, heroically at times, by Fabio Carbone. Unless Litespeed get him back in the car, I don't see it being a threat to the Dallaras, but it's still good to have some variety.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2123978)   #214
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO they just find a very very cheap car to put on the grid
Old 8 Feb 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2124014)   #215
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
That may be so Climb, but top marks for trying. The entrepreneurial spirit's alive and well.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 23:52 (Ref:2124525)   #216
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sergio Perez will drive British F3 Championship Class this year.

http://www.escuderiatelmex.com/cgi-b..._boletin=25761
Old 11 Feb 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2126252)   #217
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
That may be so Climb, but top marks for trying. The entrepreneurial spirit's alive and well.
Ok l2lo, but I just hope the driver who'll have hardly collected the money to run won't risk to be blocked by a lack of spare parts, or similar problems typical of these situations; after all the chassis manufacturer has gone time ago...
Old 11 Feb 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2126518)   #218
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
How many SLC's were developed than? I thought it was only one Carbone + German Cup next year with spare chassis?! If though, in case of... they wouldn't have spare chassis, cause as far as I see it they do two entries full time?!

Off-top. Pretty quite on silly season recently.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2126524)   #219
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not too much of it left now anyway!

Well, at least we will have an actual idea of driving, the silly season will continue until the first race no doubt.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2126726)   #220
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Hopefully it kicked of again: T-Sport named their drivers as Sergio Perez in CC and Steven Guerrero with Salman Al Khalifa in NC. Now, does anyone know which engine they're going to use in CC?
Old 11 Feb 2008, 23:30 (Ref:2126864)   #221
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Link for that story here. All three cars will have Mugen-Honda engines from NBE.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2127685)   #222
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
Still no news about testing?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2127778)   #223
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
MikeHoyer should know more about testing.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2128307)   #224
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like you might be right Alex, Andy Meyrick with Carlin in the National Class
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17989&cat=8
Old 14 Feb 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2128682)   #225
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren Autosport BRDC award winner Stefan Wilson to race for Fluid Motorsport in the National Class..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65126

Really looking forward to this season now. I've lost track of numbers but the grid looks like it'll be at least 30 cars, there's quality drivers with the likes of Hartley, Ericsson, Turvey and Mustonen, the new Dallara chassis not to mention four Mygales' etc.

Good stuff