Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 2001, 05:40 (Ref:134644)   #1
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets review what garbage Montoya is.

I was pro Montoya early on but now believe him to be overated overhyped garbage.

Just one more cart driver who couldn`t cut it in F1.

He`s seems comfortable blaming the cars set up at Monaco,i blame him.
Canada and Hungary show his true worth..cart material.

He won there,so go back..leave F1 for Kimi and others who haven`t had the reflexes dented by steel brakes.

Your a big mouthed garbabe bin Montoya.
Stop downplaying Schumachers achievements,your the only one.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 05:54 (Ref:134648)   #2
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, AGGY, you're new here and you give not incidation of who you are or what you are... so let's have a quiet word, eh?

First, you give the impression that you are very young and perhaps a bit impetuous, that you mouth off before you engage the gears in your brain. Then, consider the fact that Mr. Montoya has done a lot of good in motor racing and has earned his chance to prove his worth.

Then recall, if you can, that move he made on Mr. Schumacher in South America early in the year, where he clearly put him in his place after outbraking him (yes, indeed! And using carbon brakes...) and other occasions where he has shown some speed, talent or skill.

Now put these two things together and think again, please, about your attitude to Mr. Montoya. Maybe you won't want to post your revised opinion because you will be ashamed or it might go against the grain of some expressed affection you have for another driver...

That's okay, just don't rubbish someone who runs in the front half of the field.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 06:07 (Ref:134653)   #3
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya's good but Kimi's God
Old 23 Aug 2001, 06:10 (Ref:134655)   #4
AGGY
Racer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ray Bell
[B]Well, AGGY, you're new here and you give not incidation of who you are or what you are... so let's have a quiet word, eh?

Ray..i support successfull drivers not overhyped garbage,ok.

First, you give the impression that you are very young and perhaps a bit impetuous, that you mouth off before you engage the gears in your brain. Then, consider the fact that Mr. Montoya has done a lot of good in motor racing and has earned his chance to prove his worth.

Ray your above comments are garbage.

Then recall, if you can, that move he made on Mr. Schumacher in South America early in the year, where he clearly put him in his place after outbraking him (yes, indeed! And using carbon brakes...) and other occasions where he has shown some speed, talent or skill.

Ray..it was a lucky move,and your assuming he would have won,i`m not.

Now put these two things together and think again, please, about your attitude to Mr. Montoya. Maybe you won't want to post your revised opinion because you will be ashamed or it might go against the grain of some expressed affection you have for another driver...

That's okay, just don't rubbish someone who runs in the front half of the field.

Ray///And why does he run in front of half the field..hello,he`s in a wiliams.

And where was he in Hungary,8th behind sauber...yeah he`s top notch.
He`s lucky Button is also overhyped garbage or he would be dumped.

Please use facts to counter my topics not rehashed media spiel.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 06:11 (Ref:134656)   #5
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
Montoya's good but Kimi's God
Agree over Kimi..but Montoya is God in Cart.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 06:43 (Ref:134665)   #6
Ray Bell
Veteran

Rehashed media spiel?

I really don't know how to reply to you without assassinating your dignity, so I'll leave it to others...

I tried not to offend you, but it was very hard... now you have shown that reason is not a capacity you have in any quantity.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 07:12 (Ref:134671)   #7
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Aggy my friend.... If Montoya couldn't cut it in F1... How come he's got a pole and and probably 2-3 wins if his car didn't let him down or back markers didn't run him over or his team mate had let him thru? And all this in his rookie season...
We all know it is very difficult to make the transistion from Cart to F1 (just see Zanardi, Alex... or Andretti, Michael).
For a driver who has succesfully bridged the gap between F1 and Cart...give him some credit will ya?

I just want to say that you decide to open your mouth... make sure your brain's working properly
Old 23 Aug 2001, 07:21 (Ref:134674)   #8
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st hi AGGY and welcome to 10/10ths like you I also dislike JPM/(TCF That Columbin Flop) I also belive that the HYPE is really without just (in F1 anyway) the only time TCF has done anything remotely good SPAIN-AUSTRIA-GERMANY the fact that the car was doing all the work is quite clear in AUSTRIA -GERMANY TCF cealy overdrived the car and in both race's he DNF for that reason AUSTRIA he overdrove the tyres & GREMANY he overdrove the motor in HUNGRY Ralf showed AGAIN he is a better driver and WILLAMS no1

TCF has 1 more track to show he can do anything right USA
but saying that IF he does pull of a fluke win he has a BIGF on a report card this year
Old 23 Aug 2001, 07:24 (Ref:134676)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya, garbage? I think this topic is garbage...
Old 23 Aug 2001, 07:26 (Ref:134677)   #10
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say I agree with Aggy. Montoya is very overhyped, and, although he's not exactly last, he's not really exacting that Williams' full potential. He's another of these CART racers, who just really aren't as good as F1 drivers

*covers head and hides in cupboard before all the CART fans get here*
Old 23 Aug 2001, 07:36 (Ref:134686)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I really Like Nigel Mansell
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:01 (Ref:134699)   #12
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoweredByHonda
So Aggy my friend.... If Montoya couldn't cut it in F1... How come he's got a pole and and probably 2-3 wins if his car didn't let him down or back markers didn't run him over or his team mate had let him thru? And all this in his rookie season...
We all know it is very difficult to make the transistion from Cart to F1 (just see Zanardi, Alex... or Andretti, Michael).
For a driver who has succesfully bridged the gap between F1 and Cart...give him some credit will ya?

I just want to say that you decide to open your mouth... make sure your brain's working properly

Poweredbylawnmowers...he got a pole in the fastest car,a car with the most powerfull engine at the power track...what an outstanding achievement...the end result,overdriving the car to destroy the engine.

Probably nothing..how many wins does he have...NONE.

Agree it`s difficult to make the transition,so why bother...media hype pal.

Zinardi embarrassing failure in F1,Andretti another failure...and now the tradition continues with Montoya.

He hasn`t successfully bridged any gap,he`s just failing like in Hungary,how embarrassing for williams,to be beaten by sauber...at least Montoya was...hmm i think Ralf came 4th,i also think Ralf has actually won 3 races.

So Ralf is taking advantage of his equipement,what`s Montoya doing,playing the gorilla at Austria to gift DC a win.

Face it pal montoya is overated and should be sent packing,i don`t know why F1 teams continue to use these guys.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:08 (Ref:134704)   #13
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by RALFANATOR
1st hi AGGY and welcome to 10/10ths like you I also dislike JPM/(TCF That Columbin Flop) I also belive that the HYPE is really without just (in F1 anyway) the only time TCF has done anything remotely good SPAIN-AUSTRIA-GERMANY the fact that the car was doing all the work is quite clear in AUSTRIA -GERMANY TCF cealy overdrived the car and in both race's he DNF for that reason AUSTRIA he overdrove the tyres & GREMANY he overdrove the motor in HUNGRY Ralf showed AGAIN he is a better driver and WILLAMS no1

TCF has 1 more track to show he can do anything right USA
but saying that IF he does pull of a fluke win he has a BIGF on a report card this year
Thanks for the welcome...but don`t fear,he won`t win anything outright,and even attrition will work against him as he will overdrive the car ad nauseam.

People say look at Hockenhiem,ok i`ve looked,what i saw was a showoff overdriving his car to destruction.

So in summary...he`s useless on twisty tracks,Monaco,Canada,Hungary...can only resort to overdriving for a few laps before the inevitable...engine or gearbox failure.

He`s garbage,would liven up the cart crowd but that`s all,his confidence has been squashed..he can`t win amywhere except IRL.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:09 (Ref:134707)   #14
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by badoer fan
I have to say I agree with Aggy. Montoya is very overhyped, and, although he's not exactly last, he's not really exacting that Williams' full potential. He's another of these CART racers, who just really aren't as good as F1 drivers

*covers head and hides in cupboard before all the CART fans get here*
Your couragous pal,it`s takes guts to defy the media educated masses.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:16 (Ref:134710)   #15
Ray Bell
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY
Your couragous pal,it`s takes guts to defy the media educated masses.
Your spelling is nearly as bad as your assumptions... I, for one, don't read any of the media hype, nor take in much from TV, this stuff is just outside my path through life... I watch the races, that's all, and make up my own mind.

Now... class is in:

Your.... well, it's 'you're', short for 'you are'

Zinardi... that's actually 'Zanardi'...
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:20 (Ref:134712)   #16
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell

Your spelling is nearly as bad as your assumptions... I, for one, don't read any of the media hype, nor take in much from TV, this stuff is just outside my path through life... I watch the races, that's all, and make up my own mind.

Now... class is in:

Your.... well, it's 'you're', short for 'you are'

Zinardi... that's actually 'Zanardi'...
In otherwords you concede,another who realizes Montoya is garbage,built up by the hype merchants.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:38 (Ref:134730)   #17
Ray Bell
Veteran

Not at all.. but what does that mean to you?

He's performed well enough to justify another year, and this one isn't over yet...

You're making some rash assumptions as you condemn this guy, and you shouldn't do that.

And don't assume I'm a Montoya fan, a Willliams fan, a CART fan or that you can put words in my mouth. It's not your privilege to do so.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:42 (Ref:134732)   #18
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm not a montayo fan, and actually i don't like him, but i don't think he's that bad actually he's good! I'm just a Schumi fan but i like Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikkonen.

Take it easy!

Cheers! Life's too short, just enjoy F1!
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:43 (Ref:134733)   #19
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
Not at all.. but what does that mean to you?

He's performed well enough to justify another year, and this one isn't over yet...

You're making some rash assumptions as you condemn this guy, and you shouldn't do that.

And don't assume I'm a Montoya fan, a Willliams fan, a CART fan or that you can put words in my mouth. It's not your privilege to do so.
I haven`t made any assumptions about you,although you have made many about me.

Support who you like,i`m offering my views,as they are anti-Montoya,the pro montoya brigade will have their say...and i`ll have mine.

I feel another seat will be wasted by this guy,can i say such horrible things.?
Old 23 Aug 2001, 09:40 (Ref:134748)   #20
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I go somewhere in the middle. Montoya is probably a little over-hyped, and has not lived up to the billing he's recieved. But then if he's that bad, how could he have taken two second places!? AGGY, your comments are out of order - and remember this is a fun forum, not a place to start personal vendettas.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 10:02 (Ref:134757)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM is a great driver and someone that F1 needs - BIG KAHUNAS. That move on TGF earlier this season was a sample of what this guy has - guts, speed and no fear.

While he hasn't impressed at some times, most of the time he's been in the top 10 at least, has led numerous races (would have won at least 2 except for circumstances), grabbed a pole and fastest lap along the way, and let's not forget he's a ROOKIE!!!

I think everyone is out to bash JPM because he comes over slightly arrogant. I say, so what?!?!?! He's backing up that supposed 'arrogance' with some good results, and next year should be even better.

Some people are expecting too much from him too soon. This is his first season. Wait until next season, then you'll all jump on the bandwagon.

I do agree that JPM has been hyped, yet compare results to that of Jenson Button. There is the difference. JPM is far, far, far better. As for Kimi, he's good too.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 10:11 (Ref:134763)   #22
RALFANATOR
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
JPM is a great driver and someone that F1 needs - BIG KAHUNAS. That move on TGF earlier this season was a sample of what this guy has - guts, speed and no fear.

While he hasn't impressed at some times, most of the time he's been in the top 10 at least, has led numerous races (would have won at least 2 except for circumstances), grabbed a pole and fastest lap along the way, and let's not forget he's a ROOKIE!!!

I think everyone is out to bash JPM because he comes over slightly arrogant. I say, so what?!?!?! He's backing up that supposed 'arrogance' with some good results, and next year should be even better.

Some people are expecting too much from him too soon. This is his first season. Wait until next season, then you'll all jump on the bandwagon.

I do agree that JPM has been hyped, yet compare results to that of Jenson Button. There is the difference. JPM is far, far, far better. As for Kimi, he's good too.
ROOKIE PLS !!!!!!!
Good results . I think not
Grabbed pole . In GERMANY with a 7kph speed advantage BIG DEAL
Yes people are jumping on the bandwagon to say how Great / Talented he is I 'll wait till 02 but this year I can see a F on his report card
Old 23 Aug 2001, 10:37 (Ref:134775)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With your attitude, Aggy, i am assuming you are really Ralf Schumacher.

Or that you are about 14 years old.

Please tell us how many Formula One races you have won, how many races, pole positions or fastest laps you have taken in any series, and how much reading you do outside the world of magazines.

You are entitled to your opinion (I think TGF is a lot of things that are not nice, but I am not going to start a thread calling him garbage. You need to be more respectful.)

This is a place where people come to have fun, and stomping in here in big boots looking for trouble will eventually get you ushered to the door, so why not come in to the group a little more politely, eh?
Old 23 Aug 2001, 11:12 (Ref:134785)   #24
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
With your attitude, Aggy, i am assuming you are really Ralf Schumacher.

Or that you are about 14 years old.

Please tell us how many Formula One races you have won, how many races, pole positions or fastest laps you have taken in any series, and how much reading you do outside the world of magazines.

You are entitled to your opinion (I think TGF is a lot of things that are not nice, but I am not going to start a thread calling him garbage. You need to be more respectful.)

This is a place where people come to have fun, and stomping in here in big boots looking for trouble will eventually get you ushered to the door, so why not come in to the group a little more politely, eh?
I apologise if i offended anyone,you`ll note i didn`t abuse any forumer.

I`m not intimidated by not being a F1 driver myself,i can make judgements just as you do.

I think Montoya will prove a failure,you and others feel differently.
As this forum doesn`t seem to allow honest opinions,only polite as you call it,i will moderate my Montoya posts...but not my views.

If people enjoy being undemanding,good luck to them.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 12:18 (Ref:134807)   #25
RALFANATOR
Racer

Well I think some people are being a bit harsh on AGGY . As a ROOKIE it does take time to learn the way around here . Yes voice your opinon's just talk to others the way you would like others to talk to you . But saying that AGGY you have pick a topic which is a hot one around here TCF is the class prat , teachers pet so to speak HE CAN DO NO WRONG

yeah right
Closed Thread

Tags
jpm