Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 2002, 16:12 (Ref:283686)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proposed Letter to Bernie

Dear Mr. Ecclestone:

We, the undersigned members of Ten-Tenths Motorsport, are sending you this letter to put ourselves on record regarding the outcome of the Austrian Grand Prix today.

We are aware of the 2002 Formula One Sporting Regulations that obtain in this case:

2002 FORMULA ONE SPORTING REGULATIONS

48) If in the opinion of the Formula One Commission a competitor fails to operate his team in a manner compatible with the standards of the Championship or in any way brings the Championship into disrepute, the FIA may exclude such competitor from the Championship forthwith.

There has never been a clearer case requiring the invocation of this regulation than what Ferrari did today. Not a single magazine, newspaper or fan so far appears to disagree.

Please consider your response to this unmitigated example of race-fixing, keeping in mind that the only thing you have to sell to sponsors and merchandisers is your audience, and if this result stands, your audience will
walk away.

Please govern yourself and Formula One accordingly.

Yours sincerely,
TEN-TENTHS MOTORSPORT

By:

Suggestions?
Old 12 May 2002, 16:14 (Ref:283689)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
excellent liz......do we sign now?
Old 12 May 2002, 16:15 (Ref:283693)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz, its great. Should we add that we won't be watching for the near future?
Old 12 May 2002, 16:17 (Ref:283698)   #4
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am signing it..sign me as Iva T (if I should add the whole last name and location,I will!)
Old 12 May 2002, 16:18 (Ref:283702)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea, Eero. Should we make it a specific length of time or "until this injustice is rectified"?
Old 12 May 2002, 16:20 (Ref:283706)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great idea Liz!!
Old 12 May 2002, 16:22 (Ref:283710)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was thinking more along the deliberately vague lines of "until the sporting character of Formula 1 Racing has been demonstrabley re-established."
Old 12 May 2002, 16:25 (Ref:283714)   #8
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we enclose anthrax or a scud missile?
Old 12 May 2002, 16:29 (Ref:283722)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
nice.

Suzy, really.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:30 (Ref:283727)   #10
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Quote:
Originally posted by Suzy
Can we enclose anthrax or a scud missile?

Sorry for quoting you again today,but that's exactly what i wanted to do to the owners of the H'heimring some months ago....

We should send flour to FIA..they are cowards,so they'll think it's antrax!
Old 12 May 2002, 16:34 (Ref:283734)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Just large posters that have the shameful podium from today and the word SHAME! writ large beneath it, will do for me.

How about adding this:

"Until Formula One has retrieved its character, not only by its actions vis-a-vis today's race, but with a visible and successful effort to return competition to the grid, we will no longer lend credibility to the current state of affairs by our presence or support.

And let it be said that we are glad Enzo Ferrari and Gilles Villenueve did not live to see this day."
Old 12 May 2002, 16:35 (Ref:283736)   #12
Liz
Veteran

We will need full names and at least the country you live in. Otherwise they'll think we are just a bunch of flamers.

It might not be a bad idea to include the radio or television station on which you generally watch(ed) F1.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:38 (Ref:283742)   #13
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
OK....to whom shall we send the names and station names?
Old 12 May 2002, 16:39 (Ref:283743)   #14
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its a good idea... But I am sure that FIA cares least about the f1 fans. As long as Mosely's pants are filled with dollars, he's happy
Old 12 May 2002, 16:41 (Ref:283748)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Probably true. But we are doing this for OUR honour. So that nobody will ever be able to say that we supported this farce in any way.

Anyone who doesn't want to post his/her real name and other identifying information can e-mail it to me and I will put it on the letter and keep it to myself.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:46 (Ref:283763)   #16
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Liz, I like your admendment.

My Signature:

Eric Daum
Andover, Massachusetts, USA
The Speed Channel
Old 12 May 2002, 16:47 (Ref:283767)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
BTW Liz, your signature on your posts has NEVER been more perfect.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:52 (Ref:283777)   #18
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Il'l gladly sign.

Il'l send over the informantion required through PM.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:52 (Ref:283779)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Even though Senna was saying it about That Frenchman (whose name he could not bring himself to pronounce), it is entirely true today.

Ok I will post the final version and collect signatures today and tomorrow. The letter will be sent out to Bernie on Tuesday, no matter what he or the FIA do between now and then.
Old 12 May 2002, 16:59 (Ref:283794)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Liz, would you like me to PM my sig?
Old 12 May 2002, 17:08 (Ref:283806)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
So, what exactly, are you asking they do? Exclude Ferrari from the rest of the championship? Not giving you a hassle, just want to know what I am signing.
Old 12 May 2002, 17:12 (Ref:283810)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Exclude the results of today's "race" and make SURE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

I think that would cover it nicely.
Old 12 May 2002, 17:12 (Ref:283811)   #23
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My signature

Ian Emms
Bristol, United Kingdom
ITV
Old 12 May 2002, 17:14 (Ref:283813)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Eero, I have your sig.
Old 12 May 2002, 17:56 (Ref:283886)   #25
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzanne Peedell
Oxford, United Kingdom

(ITV)
Closed Thread