Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver is going to win the VASC Driver’s Championship In 2018?
#1 Jamie Whincup RBHRT Holden 6 14.63%
#2 Scott Pye WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#5 Mark Winterbottom Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#7 Andre Heimgartner NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#8 Nick Percat BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 David Reynolds Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#12 Fabian Coulthard DJRTP Ford 1 2.44%
#14 Tim Slade BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Rick Kelly NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#17 Scott McLaughlin DJRTP Ford 22 53.66%
#18 Lee Holdsworth Team18 Holden 0 0%
#19 Jack Le Brocq Tekno Holden 0 0%
#21 Tim Blanchard TBR Holden 0 0%
#23 Michael Caruso NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#25 James Courtney WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#33 Garth Tander GRM Holden 0 0%
#34 James Golding GRM Holden 0 0%
#35 Todd Hazelwood MSR Ford 0 0%
#55 Chaz Mostert Tickford Ford 4 9.76%
#56 Richie Stanaway Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#78 Simona de Silvestro NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#97 Shane van Gisbergen RBHRT Holden 2 4.88%
#99 Anton de Pasquale Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#230 Will Davison 23RED Ford 0 0%
#888 Craig Lowndes ALR Holden 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Jan 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3793760)   #1601
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

I bleed red... oops... blue?
Does anyone find it sort of funny that when 888 was the factory Ford team they ran red cars & now they are factory Holden cars they are blue cars ??

Bottom line this car is a German taxi with Red Bull stickers on it.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 19 Jan 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3793761)   #1602
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Bottom line this car is a German taxi with Red Bull stickers on it.
... Just like a VB-VZ?
Old 19 Jan 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3793762)   #1603
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Jan 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3793764)   #1604
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hardly a "brilliant sledge"

Eddo Brandes has to hold that award for his comment to Glenn McGrath...
Old 19 Jan 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3793780)   #1605
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Does anyone find it sort of funny that when 888 was the factory Ford team they ran red cars & now they are factory Holden cars they are blue cars ??
FPR was "the" factory Ford team, 888 were a factory Ford team. Moot point now, given Ford are not in the series anymore.
Old 19 Jan 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3793787)   #1606
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I nice change of colour, I wonder if the F1 cars will also add white to the equation.

The splitter look horrendous
I doubt the F1 Team actually knows 888 Racing Australia exists!
Old 19 Jan 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3793794)   #1607
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
the sponsor does though and as shown earlier its similar to the rally car
Old 19 Jan 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3793821)   #1608
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
yep exactly what I mean
Old 19 Jan 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3793823)   #1609
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bit narrow minded there, especially with Dan Ricciardo running Red Bull F1 Cars and his interest in the Supercars. Im sure they all have a Red Bull love in at some stage.
Old 19 Jan 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3793825)   #1610
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Ricciardo did pilot the ex-Supercar Sandman once.

Surely his team were aware of this?
Old 19 Jan 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3793871)   #1611
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Its already the best red bull livery 888 have done.
Very very low base to start from.

Even when they copy a livery it's still not that good.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 20 Jan 2018, 05:13 (Ref:3793912)   #1612
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

She might become the heaviest car in the field with all those brands onboard if past years are anything to go by.
Old 20 Jan 2018, 05:15 (Ref:3793913)   #1613
Mixer
Veteran

That kid is doing all the right things.

If I was a sponsor I'd want to get on that train.
Old 20 Jan 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3793917)   #1614
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With all his backers, and talented enough to win the DVS last year... why wasn't Hazelwood picked up in previous years by main series teams with a DVS-affliaition like BJR, Tickford or GRM?

For all the hype and success in winning the 2017 DVS title, why has he been rowing his own boat?
Old 20 Jan 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3793920)   #1615
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
With all his backers, and talented enough to win the DVS last year... why wasn't Hazelwood picked up in previous years by main series teams with a DVS-affliaition like BJR, Tickford or GRM?
I feel a bit like the battler tag stuck and people underestimated his talent and professionalism.

I think after the BJR shunt a lot of people might have taken notice of his class and calmness.
Old 20 Jan 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3793928)   #1616
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
also colours can be found at https://newatlas.com/red-bull-hangar...29570/#gallery
Old 20 Jan 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3793930)   #1617
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

For all the hype and success in winning the 2017 DVS title, why has he been rowing his own boat?
He had previously sought a deal to run a DVS program out of FPR/PRA, however it is said that the goalposts in terms of budgets had shifted dramtically year-on-year. The MSR thing was working for him, so why change?

Not many drivers are "picked up" anymore. The relationships with Mr Gommersall and Mr Rosenberg had been built upon over several years. Blokes with lots of money behind them, and a passion for motorsport don't come around too often. Could've potentially burned one or both, taking a deal elsewhere. Collectively as a unit, they've controlled their own destiny with this.
Old 20 Jan 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3793937)   #1618
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Don't all the F1 mechanics lean over the pit walking to watch the Supercar races at Albert Park?
Old 20 Jan 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3793939)   #1619
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Don't all the F1 mechanics lean over the pit walking to watch the Supercar races at Albert Park?
That is one of the greatest myths ever promoted by the media and vested interests.

I have been fortunate to have been in the F1 garages and they are totally focused on their own car.
Way back in the early days of the v8s running on the same program I guess the novelty was a factor and some extraneous team members and hangers on would watch.
If team engineers wanted to watch the supercars they have plenty of tvs within their garage and associated areas out the back however it is usually only a passing glance if anything at all.
Old 21 Jan 2018, 09:42 (Ref:3794094)   #1620
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Commodore Transmogrifies Into Supercar
Old 21 Jan 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3794095)   #1621
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
He had previously sought a deal to run a DVS program out of FPR/PRA, however it is said that the goalposts in terms of budgets had shifted dramtically year-on-year. The MSR thing was working for him, so why change?

Not many drivers are "picked up" anymore. The relationships with Mr Gommersall and Mr Rosenberg had been built upon over several years. Blokes with lots of money behind them, and a passion for motorsport don't come around too often. Could've potentially burned one or both, taking a deal elsewhere. Collectively as a unit, they've controlled their own destiny with this.
Does anyone expect a one-car MSR effort to work for him in the main series, beyond a year or two of learning?

He'll have to take a deal elsewhere and potentially "burn" them if he wants to win a championship surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart
That is one of the greatest myths ever promoted by the media and vested interests.

I have been fortunate to have been in the F1 garages and they are totally focused on their own car.
Way back in the early days of the v8s running on the same program I guess the novelty was a factor and some extraneous team members and hangers on would watch.
If team engineers wanted to watch the supercars they have plenty of tvs within their garage and associated areas out the back however it is usually only a passing glance if anything at all.
If the days of the Adelaide GP were anything to go by, the F1 fraternity were far more interested in the Superkarts and Celebrity Races
Old 21 Jan 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3794100)   #1622
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If the days of the Adelaide GP were anything to go by, the F1 fraternity were far more interested in the Superkarts and Celebrity Races
Historic Touring Cars were popular.
Old 21 Jan 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3794113)   #1623
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone expect a one-car MSR effort to work for him in the main series, beyond a year or two of learning?

He'll have to take a deal elsewhere and potentially "burn" them if he wants to win a championship surely?
No need to get ahead of ourselves!

Plenty of drivers making merry careers in single car teams -- the likes of Holdsowrth and Davison spring to mind.

Besides a Penske Falcon hypothetically has an advantage over their rival single car 888 Commodore teams, purely by being something different.
Old 21 Jan 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3794117)   #1624
Umai Naa
Veteran

The kid seems to have the ability, and the team isn't full of dimwits either.

It's been said over the years, that it takes some time to learn the nuances of a Triple Eight car when extracting the most from it. They stepped up from an SBR relic into said Triple Eight chassis in 2016, and were putting it on poll and running at the pointy end for most of the season. I think they'll get a handle on the DJRTP car ok.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3794465)   #1625
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickford were on the Gold Coast promoting yesterday. Frosty was wearing a new Bottle O shirt. So I don’t see Bottle O leaving just yet.