Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2605982)   #26
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meritus has signed Columbian Óscar Andrés Tunjo for one of their drivers.
Óscar Andrés Tunjo

http://www.elpais.com.co/paisonline/...movilismo.html
Old 2 Jan 2010, 03:07 (Ref:2607249)   #27
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
bothfeetin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juntus.....better/easier to give than to receive? Not sure what you mean but for the sake of whatever....yes this might be true but not in motorsport.... I would rather receive 1. place than to give it to another team....just kidding - lighten up! Happy new Year!
Old 8 Jan 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2609903)   #28
Slider48
Rookie

Malaysia
Malaysia
Slider48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Malatsian driver

Muhd Nabil will compete this year, probably with Eurasia. He has sponsorship from the Lotus F1 driver development programme.

That makes 6 confirmed Malaysian drivers.

Fahmi may race FBMW Europe this year...
Old 10 Jan 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2610856)   #29
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Muhd Nabil tested for Eurasia. Not confirmed yet.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2612734)   #30
lastgasp
Rookie

lastgasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More Driver News

Understand that Motaworld have signed UK karter James Birch for FBMW Pacifc.

Also it is suggested that Steel Guiliana will be running with Motaworld in FBMW Pacific.

Think that leaves just 1 seat left in the Motaworld team.
Old 14 Jan 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2613297)   #31
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

UPDATED by Lam Pak

Team E-Rain:
Jordan Oon, Natasha Seatter?

Meritus: Óscar Andrés Tunjo, Dustin Sofian? Fahim Illyas? Pasin Lathouras?

Petronas MOFAZ:
Calvin Wong, Ryan Ritchie, Natasha Seatter, Abang Amirrul

Eurasia:
Duvashen Padayachee, Richard Bradley, Kotaru Sakurai, Mud Nabil? Dylan Young? Chris Wootton?

Champ Motorsport:
Jim Kato?

Atlantic:
Jesse Dixon,

Pacific Racing:
Chang Mun Shien, Ryan Haryanto?

Asia Racing Team:
Suriya Bala, Hong Wei Cao?

Motaworld Racing: Steele Guiliana, James Birch, Michelle Gatting?

Eurointernational:
(some rounds)
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2617888)   #32
Lam Pak
Veteran

new scholarship boy. bmw holding jordan all through this week. guess they were lost when they met jordan.

http://www.afos.com/news_full_afos.php?id=3362
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2617894)   #33
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
I think one has to understand why Australia is not on the time table for the Pacific BMW -
- first - the Organizer has to stay within the budget;
- second the teams really cannot afford any more expenses for traveling;
- third Korea is the first ever F1 event there so FBMW's exposure to that driver market will hopefully bear more interest of Korean drivers and sponsors;
- fourth reason is perhaps that there are already Aussie drivers in the series - so why spend more effort towards this part of Asia?
- Fifth is the calendar itself in conflict with school years ending etc;
- Six'd the relentless lobbying efforts by certain teams not to increase the calendar and therefore the costs a driver eventually has to pay which is at present - not counting all the bs from teams, a minimum of Euro 120,000.- plus traveling, food, hotels per driver.

Re Drivers and where they are for 2010...... sadly as it might be but I know of at least 3 drivers who have not paid their bills yet in full from 2009 - all 3 are being mentioned in this thread by different writers. So, most of that info being read is somewhat speculative.

I know that -
PFX Holzer is still looking to fill in the lost market of that lucrative Petronas deal they had for the past 3 years;
MotaWorld has not signed a driver for Pacific yet;
Atlantic Racing is still looking for second driver for their sponsorship program - seems that they are too selective in finding the one paired then with Jesse Dixon, one they had signed before Christmas;
Eurasia is full and all drivers are signed;
E-Rain has only one seat left;
Meritus one seat left - or if they get their 6 cars running - 5 seats left; and they should have no problem filling them as they seem to have the ladder to F1 system installed now;
AOS - I don't know - possibly their 2009 driver?
Eurointernational - have not heard anything - think they might only be with Pacific as last year;
Drivers
- Kent Cross/being linked to Atlantic - but not signed;
- Steel Guliana, ran last year for MotaWorld under Atlantic - 2010 in Australian F3?

Fill in the blanks....
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2617917)   #34
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Good post here Mr B. but “No money, No honey” doesn't make much sense in motorsports. The one you talk can owe money from 2009 to a team and race for the opposite team in 2010. A rotten apple spoils the barrel. Please clarify this point for me: I know that it is FBMW Pacific’s scholarship and you can change the rules as you wish but the 3rd Scholarship prize wasn't suppose to be given to the Rookie of the Previous Season? Well FBMW Pacific is not known to abide by their own rules.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2618057)   #35
petergriffin
Rookie

Vatican City State
petergriffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another driver

what abt mangoracing dont they have at least one driver racing? anyone know who testin next cople of days?
Old 23 Jan 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2618072)   #36
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have 1 FBMW car for sale if anyone is looking to race and i have a spare chassis body kit to equate to half a 2nd car
money is tight out in asia for racing so grab yourself a bargain
Old 23 Jan 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2618142)   #37
dragster
Rookie

dragster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothfeetin View Post
I think one has to understand why Australia is not on the time table for the Pacific BMW -
- first - the Organizer has to stay within the budget;
- second the teams really cannot afford any more expenses for traveling;
- third Korea is the first ever F1 event there so FBMW's exposure to that driver market will hopefully bear more interest of Korean drivers and sponsors;
- fourth reason is perhaps that there are already Aussie drivers in the series - so why spend more effort towards this part of Asia?
- Fifth is the calendar itself in conflict with school years ending etc;
- Six'd the relentless lobbying efforts by certain teams not to increase the calendar and therefore the costs a driver eventually has to pay which is at present - not counting all the bs from teams, a minimum of Euro 120,000.- plus traveling, food, hotels per driver.

Re Drivers and where they are for 2010...... sadly as it might be but I know of at least 3 drivers who have not paid their bills yet in full from 2009 - all 3 are being mentioned in this thread by different writers. So, most of that info being read is somewhat speculative.

I know that -
PFX Holzer is still looking to fill in the lost market of that lucrative Petronas deal they had for the past 3 years;
MotaWorld has not signed a driver for Pacific yet;
Atlantic Racing is still looking for second driver for their sponsorship program - seems that they are too selective in finding the one paired then with Jesse Dixon, one they had signed before Christmas;
Eurasia is full and all drivers are signed;
E-Rain has only one seat left;
Meritus one seat left - or if they get their 6 cars running - 5 seats left; and they should have no problem filling them as they seem to have the ladder to F1 system installed now;
AOS - I don't know - possibly their 2009 driver?
Eurointernational - have not heard anything - think they might only be with Pacific as last year;
Drivers
- Kent Cross/being linked to Atlantic - but not signed;
- Steel Guliana, ran last year for MotaWorld under Atlantic - 2010 in Australian F3?

Fill in the blanks....
I think Eurointernational will enter 4 cars for full schedule in the 2010 Formula BMW Pacific as by BMW web site. They came and won all 5 races in 2009. For sure they will bring winning drivers....
Old 23 Jan 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2618292)   #38
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
Hey Dragster - just a fast Q: where in the BMW M'sport pages did you read the 4 car thing with Euro? For sure - Euro is a very strong team - always has been! But they also run now 2x3 car teams in Europe, F3 Italy etc etc - much for a team!

And - who is abt Mangoracing?

One more Q: yeah, who's testing? I know Eurasia is running = who else? What happened to Atlantic? They were suppose to be there in Sepang and Zhuhai - never seen their container since Macau. Seems they are also doing something in Europe too?

Juntos - if the winner of the season is not partaking in the next season - it goes to a third junior - good rule so I think - but perhaps better one would be if that seat then goes down the line, ie. 2. 3. etc runner up. But they make the rules-they break the rules is also acceptable for me...and what do we know anyway, ha!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2618509)   #39
dragster
Rookie

Hi Bothfeetin, consider that Eurointernational owns more than 10 FBMW cars and they have available the USA team after the end of FBMW Americas. They won 2 FBMW Championships in 2009 plus all races competed in Pacific....!!! I think they are more...than a strong Team...and they can run more than one series.
Where You find Eurointernational running F3 Italia ? It is new for me.

I have never heard of Mangoracing.
Atlantic was together with Motarworld last year but now look like will race separatelly and I think are testing few new drivers.

When will be the first collective test?
Old 24 Jan 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2618547)   #40
08u05
Racer

08u05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://findarticles.com/p/news-artic.../ai_n48649627/

A quick google says that Pacific Racing Team have been renamed Mango Racing, with some new personnel.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2619493)   #41
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
Dragster - Euro in F3 Italy; runs 2 teams in the "football" series; 2 FBMW Europe teams with 3 cars each; 4 cars in Pacific?
Not to diminish Euro's efforts whatsoever - they just buy the best drivers; never developed one of their stars - all came from other teams! Look at the drivers and then see where they first got their talent developed! And again - good for them to go to Euro - as when they don't perform or fall into the disgrace - they are being dropped fast.

Mango Racing - never knew - thanks for the lead! And they tested already? How come that good old Lam Pak did not write about them?

Think the first official test is a week before FI in Sepang.

Atlantic is still working with Motaworld. seems they have a good relationship build after the Steel cooperation in 09 and dont forget - Atlantic also ran Motaworld's Asad and Ollie in 08 for 6 races in USA/Brazil.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 01:43 (Ref:2619494)   #42
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
I heard also that Atlantic Racing Team is now being re-named in the Pacific series ......it's a fashion these days, I guess - "Atlantic Branson Motorsport".......hmmmm

No connection to "Virgin"? ANYBODY has an idea?

And for their LISTA (Swiss FBMW Series) Series they go as Atlantic Felix Racing? Ha!
Old 26 Jan 2010, 03:38 (Ref:2619515)   #43
dragster
Rookie

I have not find any announce on Eurointernational racing F3 in Italy. They only raced in Superleague Formula in 2008 but not in 2009 and only have a 3 car Team in Formula BMW Europe since 2008, not 2x3 cars in Europe.
With Euro have won drivers that ever been a winner before and they developed drivers as Felipe Nasr, rookie, that not one know before the team brought him in Europe, or Giancarlo Vilarinho in USA. Gabby Chaves won races and title with Euro but nothing before. Favoretto won races with Euro in Americas, nothing before, and when left Euro never finished on the podium again.

Atlantic is working very hard and they deserve respect for their effort in Pacific and Lista, now, and before in Americas. Any partnership is good in this economy to continue racing.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2619643)   #44
Lam Pak
Veteran

i never met mangoracing b4. new teamz. seems dynaten or dtm of hong kong gonna pull them to top with ng wei long and mr fior bittering the team. wish them luck. when got ali dynaten or dtm of hong kong has good.

i dont belief atlantic very much. hop no virgin f1 junior for them. team isnt super and do not look great. hop new sponsor boosts the team. steal guiliana was a muppet for someone funded by bmw motorsport. zhang zhi qiang deserve the prize much more. very unfair. millions of people throughout the world have already ensured in it.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2620050)   #45
petergriffin
Rookie

Vatican City State
petergriffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FBMW very hard to break into aust also because formula ford series very strong support
Old 27 Jan 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2620128)   #46
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Aussie in 2010

Australians Jesse Dixon (17) and Jordan Oon (19), and Kotaro Sakurai (15) of Japan, each impressed the BMW Motorsport instructors during last year's 2010 Scholarship Trials at Sepang International Circuit with their determination to succeed, willingness to learn, and their natural abilities.

Formula BMW Pacific has a tradition of attracting drivers from Australia, and both Dixon and Oon will be looking to emulate the success of fellow countryman Daniel Ricciardo, a Junior in 2006 and reigning British Formula 3 Champion who made headlines last month with a spectacular Formula 1 test resulting in a 2010 role as F1 reserve driver for both Red Bull F1 teams.

Oon began karting aged 12 in his native Perth, Australia. Upon graduating from karts, Oon raced for two years in Formula Ford, finishing ninth in the 2008 West Australia State series and then fifth in 2009's Victoria State Formula Ford Fiesta Series. The 2010 Formula BMW Pacific season will be his first competition outside Australia.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2620278)   #47
total3d
Rookie

total3d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rumored race schedule, not 100% confirmed though.

R1: Sepang (F1), 1-4 April, 1,2
R2: Sepang (AFOS), 13-16 May, 3,4,5,6
R3: Korea (AFOS), 26-29 August, 7,8,9,10
R4: Singapore (F1), 23-26 September, 11,12
R5: Korea (F1), 21-24 October, 13,14
R6: Macau (MGP), 17-21 November, 15

Korean Rounds are subject to track approval from afos, fia and F1.

looks good, but no japan or chinese rounds.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2620282)   #48
sequentialbox
Racer

sequentialbox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HI Lam Pak any news on Champ doing FBMW this year?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2621086)   #49
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
Here now the famous LAM PAK with his 5 RMB of wisdom "i dont belief atlantic very much. hop no virgin f1 junior for them. team isnt super and do not look great." END

hey Lam lame... Why would you not hope for them to be a junior F1 team? What is that with you anyway? Were you hoping that your team would get it - if indeed this is the case (the sponsorship)?

Perhaps other decission makers see things in a more complex way - something you might not be able to do?

Why don't you do me, and others perhaps too, the favour and starting to think before your finger hacks on the computer. Would be a real improvement as what do you know about Steel, Chaves, etc anyway?

What do you mean if a team does not look great? And " i dont belief atlantic very much." What do you say there? Did they lie to you?

Just use a speel chheck and diktionarie - meks tsinks esier to reed.

Last edited by bothfeetin; 28 Jan 2010 at 16:20. Reason: use of spell checker
Old 30 Jan 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2622186)   #50
Lam Pak
Veteran

hear pain in ur comment only. i hav right to dislike.
explain:last year acxil jeffreis ( eurasia) and steal guilana (atlantic) was formula bmw junior drivers - why one got title fight and the other smash in the back?
Closed Thread