Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 20 May 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3076683)   #126
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
I think Boothy is a bit more than an "st person" by now, he's a good TV personality, and you may say gushing, a lot of people would say informing, however you want to take it I suppose.

To me TV3 has 3 "big" series they cover, NZ Summer Series, Supercars and Supertourers, so when their is no Summer Series to talk about it makes sense to promo the upcoming supertourer racing.

Comparing ST's with Basketball now? Straws anyone? Not one of your better shots at Supertourers...
well i could've been really mean and compared the Manfeild round crowd to the crowds that turn out for either of Feilding Highs 1st 15 teams (male or female)
Old 20 May 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3076716)   #127
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks RogerH. I look forward to reports from the Historic commission too, plus notes of any personnel changes!
Old 20 May 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3076728)   #128
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well i could've been really mean and compared the Manfeild round crowd to the crowds that turn out for either of Feilding Highs 1st 15 teams (male or female)
And if smoke was being blown up nzv8s backdoor would you be moaning? I really don't think so. God you guys are so weak!!!! sickening.
Old 20 May 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3076746)   #129
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
who said anything about NZV8s?
Old 20 May 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3076772)   #130
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steve,

We chatted about ST today because there was news to chat about, ie. Shane Drake becoming commentator, and Daniel Gaunt and Angus Fogg getting set to race.

Also with 8 ST drivers behind the wheel at Phillip Island there was a genuine link.

I had hoped to run a piece on the MSNZ awards, but the news release wasn't sent out until 8.17pm tonight. Likewise, I've requested a list of NZV8 drivers for the new car, but I am still waiting.

Joe, we ran rally last week.

We're not perfect, but our small team loves good racing. We work harder than you may realise, and we don't always get it our way either.

It is great to have you watching, and I welcome the feedback. Let me know if you want to talk face to face about what you think would work best on GMS.

Regards,

Shaun.
Old 20 May 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3076781)   #131
Sommersby
Racer

By the way, the saints biggest ever crowd was 4130.
Old 20 May 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3076929)   #132
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to know Shane's talents aren't being wasted! It's tough telling it like it is and then being blacklisted for it.

I'll probably now look forward to the commentary a bit more, but anyone who has had anything to do with televised motorsport, knows that it is far from an accepted sport at some 'higher' levels, even when the package is gifted to the channel.
Old 20 May 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3077021)   #133
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good on you Shaun for fronting up without disguise, I think the GMS crew do a great job but there are some who just can't resist the opportunity to have a sly jibe.

Bring on any and all NZ motorsport! Except the Suzukis...

And thanks Roger for the report on the meeting, getting one remit passed was good, annoying about the time thing for the others but hopefully you can try again next year with more success.

I hope there were plenty of people pointing out the issues that have led to so many dissatisfied customers!
Old 20 May 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3077026)   #134
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
And if smoke was being blown up nzv8s backdoor would you be moaning? I really don't think so. God you guys are so weak!!!! sickening.
Well said Jerico.

Guys a few facts here so you dont waste your breath.

V8SC have priced their covergae way off the market for NZ vs how much advertising they bring in so its a no brainer to put the show on late plus their race schedule is not suiting NZ anymore. With the crap going on on V8SC with their car of the future, the threats over Sydney, Hamilton, their response to teams over the safety car mess in Perth and anyone else that doesnt play their game, they risk alienating themselves completely.

NZV8, Toyata etc have had their day in the sun, their championship is finished, if you want to watch it again and again watch Fujitsu motorsport.

Why show ST all the time.

Have you seen the ratings from who watched what since ST started. They have blown the V8SC coverage out of the playing field so if viewers are tuning their channels into watching something more than ever, you give them more of that to retain them.

If promax is questioning a basketball crowd vs V8ST crowd then I would hate to think what the basketball crowd would be vs NZV8 crowd.

As per the chairmans report and dont ask what year because even they dont tell you, an average of just over 1000 paying spectators per round of the National summer series. Hmmmmmm.

I cant see TV3 showing classic rally guys, thats part of the NZRC and they are contracted to TV one for this.

Hope that helps. Lets talk about something thats worth talking about like how the sport tossed out constitutional changes so they could all live in each others pockets better. At least they did offer the clubs something by way of a review committe for governance of the sport. Cant wait to see whos on that.
Old 20 May 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3077046)   #135
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Mike View Post
Lets talk about something thats worth talking about like how the sport tossed out constitutional changes so they could all live in each others pockets better.
Well you dangled the carrot, what's happened there?
Old 20 May 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3077051)   #136
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well said Jerico.

If promax is questioning a basketball crowd vs V8ST crowd then I would hate to think what the basketball crowd would be vs NZV8 crowd.

As per the chairmans report and dont ask what year because even they dont tell you, an average of just over 1000 paying spectators per round of the National summer series. Hmmmmmm.
Interesting comment there Mike about the spectators at the Tier 1 Series. From the most recent TMC accounts, if the total gate takings for the season are divided by the number of events in the series (6) and then divided by the average ticket price ($25) it works out that the average number of paying spectators per event was 1148.
Interestingly, I understand that the gate takings from just the Historic Festival held at Hampton Downs (that is, one event) was greater than the combined takings of the six Tier 1 events as recorded in the TMC accounts!
Seems to be a message there somewhere but it obviously gets lost in translation at the MSNZ Executive level.
Old 21 May 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3077058)   #137
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Well said Jerico.

Guys a few facts here so you dont waste your breath.

V8SC have priced their covergae way off the market for NZ vs how much advertising they bring in so its a no brainer to put the show on late plus their race schedule is not suiting NZ anymore. With the crap going on on V8SC with their car of the future, the threats over Sydney, Hamilton, their response to teams over the safety car mess in Perth and anyone else that doesnt play their game, they risk alienating themselves completely.

NZV8, Toyata etc have had their day in the sun, their championship is finished, if you want to watch it again and again watch Fujitsu motorsport.

Why show ST all the time.

Have you seen the ratings from who watched what since ST started. They have blown the V8SC coverage out of the playing field so if viewers are tuning their channels into watching something more than ever, you give them more of that to retain them.

I cant see TV3 showing classic rally guys, thats part of the NZRC and they are contracted to TV one for this.

Hope that helps. Lets talk about something thats worth talking about like how the sport tossed out constitutional changes so they could all live in each others pockets better. At least they did offer the clubs something by way of a review committe for governance of the sport. Cant wait to see whos on that.
again... why are the NZV8s dragged into this conversation? i doubt anyone was expecting hours of airtime for the NZV8s.. when the season finished months ago more stuff like this or updates on what local drivers are doing overseas would be better than the ST music videos
Old 21 May 2012, 00:35 (Ref:3077063)   #138
MS Fan
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
MS Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Promax did you not see Shaun's post where he said
"I had hoped to run a piece on the MSNZ awards, but the news release wasn't sent out until 8.17pm tonight. Likewise, I've requested a list of NZV8 drivers for the new car, but I am still waiting."
Old 21 May 2012, 01:37 (Ref:3077068)   #139
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
updates on what local drivers are doing overseas would be better than the ST music videos
They updated what J Mac, Gaunt, McLaughlin, Reid and Baird were all doing overseas
Old 21 May 2012, 02:06 (Ref:3077069)   #140
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fan View Post
Promax did you not see Shaun's post where he said
"I had hoped to run a piece on the MSNZ awards, but the news release wasn't sent out until 8.17pm tonight. Likewise, I've requested a list of NZV8 drivers for the new car, but I am still waiting."
Lets be a bit fair here, they couln't release the info about the awards until after they had been presented, surely the recipients deserved to know first.

However , if Lotto would like to release the results before closing time for the weeks picks then I am a starter for that
Old 21 May 2012, 02:15 (Ref:3077070)   #141
mckaylah
Rookie

mckaylah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Lets be a bit fair here, they couln't release the info about the awards until after they had been presented, surely the recipients deserved to know first.

However , if Lotto would like to release the results before closing time for the weeks picks then I am a starter for that
Uh, Southern Man - the awards were held Saturday night. Shaun's comment yesterday suggests the media release wasn't until 8.17pm Sunday night...
Old 21 May 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3077073)   #142
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaylah View Post
Uh, Southern Man - the awards were held Saturday night. Shaun's comment yesterday suggests the media release wasn't until 8.17pm Sunday night...
Typical MNZ comment eh? Shoot from the hip and ignore the facts, in whichever order you like...
Old 21 May 2012, 03:49 (Ref:3077074)   #143
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the awards had already been held why the need to wait on the press release?
Surely a bit of research would have found all the results!
Old 21 May 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3077075)   #144
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
If the awards had already been held why the need to wait on the press release?
Surely a bit of research would have found all the results!
If Shauns request was made on the Sunday then they should have had not difficulty in giving him the information he required. Likewise if he had requested it earlier with the proviso that it be embargoed until Sunday then it should not have been a problem either.

By the way, the media did have a fairly strong presence at the function and I too have been dissapointed at how little has been reported.
Old 21 May 2012, 04:17 (Ref:3077077)   #145
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't GMS normally pre-recorded the friday before?? Just asking....

If it is then it makes sense that certain info would not be made available to the GMS team in time for the sunday run.

Oh, and the earlier digs at Shaun and the GMS crew....lame as F**k. They do a great job and all on board seem to have an excellent knowledge of whats going on (although i must say that the commentator for the Rally Extreme (or whatever its called) sounds like a Geography teacher). If ya dont like it go and watch the amazing coverage of all things motorsport on one of the other channels......oh wait thats right, its pretty much just TV3 that covers the sport isn't it? Except for a wee snipet of rally for half an hour on sunday for TV1, and unless you have sky, thats pretty much it.

On another note, great to see Haydn Paddon get some kudos for his fantastic performances over the last two years....he's gunna be a WRC star for sure!
Old 21 May 2012, 04:31 (Ref:3077083)   #146
Sommersby
Racer

I make more than my share of mistakes, but work extra hard to report news as accurately and honestly as possible.

I sent an email the media contact listed on the MSNZ website on Saturday, asking for the list of winners for Sundays show. I wasn't invited to the awards, so this was my best way of chasing results.

There was nothing on the MSNZ website when we went to air, so rather than risk getting something wrong by using an unofficial source, we regretfully had to scrap this segment of the show.

I've since learned that the email on the MSNZ website is out of date, nonetheless the information wasn't released to media until after 8pm on Sunday.

For the record, I don't schedule the show, ( you dont blame Jim Hickey for the weather do you?) but I am responsible for editorial content. So like I said previously; I welcome input and criticism.

And since I can't hide on TV or at the tracks....I won't hide here.

Shaun
Old 21 May 2012, 05:16 (Ref:3077089)   #147
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff Shaun keep up the goodness
Old 21 May 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3077090)   #148
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
I make more than my share of mistakes, but work extra hard to report news as accurately and honestly as possible.

I sent an email the media contact listed on the MSNZ website on Saturday, asking for the list of winners for Sundays show. I wasn't invited to the awards, so this was my best way of chasing results.

There was nothing on the MSNZ website when we went to air, so rather than risk getting something wrong by using an unofficial source, we regretfully had to scrap this segment of the show.

I've since learned that the email on the MSNZ website is out of date, nonetheless the information wasn't released to media until after 8pm on Sunday.

For the record, I don't schedule the show, ( you dont blame Jim Hickey for the weather do you?) but I am responsible for editorial content. So like I said previously; I welcome input and criticism.

And since I can't hide on TV or at the tracks....I won't hide here.

Shaun
Honestly.........MNZ are surely big enough to employ someone with a bit of 'GO' to keep the website updated daily and keep media etc etc etc happy and informed....this is the day and age of online info and apart from the so called new MNZ website being one of the worst ive ever seen there is just a complete lack of anything....you know someone could have sat at the conference prize giving on their iphone and tweeted/ f/b / emailed out in 1 minute to half the world...........i am not anti MNZ but this has been the same for years and years......it 's not b****y hard ......(did anyone see a release about who all the major award nominees were??)
i really dont think the broad membership would care one bit at the cost of an info stream if it was done properly and covered all areas..
Old 21 May 2012, 06:08 (Ref:3077094)   #149
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
you dont blame Jim Hickey for the weather do you?
don't watch jim
Old 21 May 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3077134)   #150
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
again... why are the NZV8s dragged into this conversation? i doubt anyone was expecting hours of airtime for the NZV8s.. when the season finished months ago more stuff like this or updates on what local drivers are doing overseas would be better than the ST music videos
Promax, are you the only one that doesnt know you are involved in NZV8?

Your stuff link must be the only announcement out there. Obviously any one that has gone and earned a dollar at V8ST has been banned for any award nominations and I note a couple of extra prizes for Toyota.

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to see whats going on there. MSC and MSNZ are smoozing them like anything at the moment for NZV8 momentum and given TV options are limited thanks to MSC's treatment of broadcasters, I reckon they will be asking them to lean on TV One to show the NZ championship series. Will have to revolve around Toyota advertising of course as the Sports bosses there despise MSC but the thought of losing budget to TV3 might be enough as there is little or no Toyota adverts on TV3.

Maybe it could be called the Toyota Summer Series or the NZ Toyota Championship Series? Perhaps they could use their brain and allow some Toyotas into production racing.