Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3193837)   #26
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Stupid question what is the max? think it is 24 or 28 (or anything in between).

I think it will be an (Really sorry but I must use this word) EPIC! year. When will we find out about these new "recruits", I believe soon. (Reliable source FFord UK twitter)
The maximum will only be dictated by the capacity of the grids of the events. In 2010 when we had 27 cars on the grid at the opening round at Oulton Park and this increased to 38 when we joined the Euro Series at Zandvoort.

Grids held out well in 2011 as well generally up around the 20 mark and topping 30 at the Euro events but took a dip last year with the intro of the E/B and the division of the grid between E/B's & Duratecs.

I will be bold & predict that the fact Ford are now putting a greater effort into this and that it is re-joining the TOCA package will bring about an upswing in the championships fortunes.
Old 24 Jan 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3193845)   #27
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Stupid question what is the max? think it is 24 or 28 (or anything in between).
The maximum number of starters for up to 2000cc single seaters ranges from 26 (Knockhill) to 38 (Brands GP/Snetterton 300). In theory, more entries could be accepted and either have reserves or non qualifiers (bearing in mind that circuit licences allow more cars to practice than race); however, I can't see that being popular.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3194837)   #28
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
The maximum number of starters for up to 2000cc single seaters ranges from 26 (Knockhill) to 38 (Brands GP/Snetterton 300).
But FF EcoBoost / FF200 is over 2000cc (1596ccĂ—1.7=2713.2cc).
Old 27 Jan 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3194949)   #29
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
Was told today by a reliable source that there are 18 so far with more waiting to confirm. Some quite interesting names as well.
Scott Malvern is looking to the TOCA package. Only one place that would really make sense. FFord...
Old 27 Jan 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3195038)   #30
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Scott Malvern is looking to the TOCA package. Only one place that would really make sense. FFord...
Perhaps? Though it would be difficult to see him topping what he did in 2011. I'd speculate that the Ginetta Super Cup might be a more likely destination for him?
Old 27 Jan 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3195069)   #31
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would be surprised if that were to happen for it would be something of a backwards step (although it would be a shot in the arm for Formula Ford). Whilst a move to Ginettas or Porsches would perhaps be a step down/sideways move, it would at least put him on the sportscar map, where there may be a greater potential to forge a long term career.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3195618)   #32
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I would be surprised if that were to happen for it would be something of a backwards step (although it would be a shot in the arm for Formula Ford). Whilst a move to Ginettas or Porsches would perhaps be a step down/sideways move, it would at least put him on the sportscar map, where there may be a greater potential to forge a long term career.
I understand that there will be a report in Motorsport News paper tomorrow about a former top driver of the championship returning.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3195634)   #33
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemun View Post
I understand that there will be a report in Motorsport News paper tomorrow about a former top driver of the championship returning.
You are such a tease
Old 29 Jan 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3195689)   #34
jamescrozier21
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
jamescrozier21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I may add my two cents worth here. What makes motor racing great, is to watch is good close racing. where anyone in the top ten can win. F1 has won back viewers purely for this reason. I agree messing with formula regulations and re branding does little in this climate to bring this type of racing back. You need consistency on rules, tight policing and a formula where buy components are cheap. No wonder historic FF is making a huge come back. It is affordable, close racing, exciting and fun. What can we learn from it?
Old 29 Jan 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3195697)   #35
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescrozier21 View Post
If I may add my two cents worth here. What makes motor racing great, is to watch is good close racing. where anyone in the top ten can win. F1 has won back viewers purely for this reason. I agree messing with formula regulations and re branding does little in this climate to bring this type of racing back. You need consistency on rules, tight policing and a formula where buy components are cheap. No wonder historic FF is making a huge come back. It is affordable, close racing, exciting and fun. What can we learn from it?
I don't disagree with a word of what you've said except that F1 has lost viewers by going to pay to view TV coverage in the UK (where it's 50/50) and other areas. That's just short sighted greed in my opinion and it will come back to haunt them.

I know I've criticised the BFF lot for many things but getting on the TOCA package with live free to air viewing is a great move. Providing they get grid numbers of 18 plus personally I think it might work. Less than that there'll be a problem.
Old 29 Jan 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3195838)   #36
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully not too "top" !
Old 29 Jan 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3195965)   #37
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how much it costs to "Buy" a top name?

Sweeteners everywhere at the moment, how long will it last?
Old 30 Jan 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3196219)   #38
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there any information on who will run the Ray design. I know several are going for Sinter and obviously Mygale but nothing on Ray participants....

Anyway, series looking very healthy indeed....
Old 30 Jan 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3196249)   #39
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some confirmations:

Juan Angel Rosso to Jamun.

Dan Cammish to JTR.

The first story reveals Jamun are expected to run four cars, with Luke Williams returning in one.

Entries announced so far:

Jamun Racing/Mygale - Juan Angel Rosso
Jamun Racing/Mygale - Luke Williams?
Jamun Racing/Mygale?
Jamun Racing/Mygale?
JTR/Mygale - Dan Cammish
JTR/Mygale - Camren Kaminsky
JTR/Mygale
Radical/Sinter - James Abbott
SWB Motorsport/Sinter
SWB Motorsport/Sinter
Old 30 Jan 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3196264)   #40
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedisc View Post
I wonder how much it costs to "Buy" a top name?

Sweeteners everywhere at the moment, how long will it last?
Brakedisc

From what I know Ford have commited a budget to entice people to come into FF in 2013 and are offering a free entry if you sign in the first 15. I doubt they would wish to do this in the medium term but it is a significant saving.

For what it is worth I think Ford are trying to do the right thing, I guess the easiest option would be to walk away from motorsport, it has a limited demographic and I doubt the old adage "win on a Sunday , Sell on a Monday" is relevant as most people have little interest in motorsport (outside of F1 which is regretfully dieing a slow but very public death, but is still supported by middle aged fans like me who cannot bring themselves to give up on it!!!! "rant over!").

I think Ford are helping to keep alive National Single Seater Motorsport by moving to the BTCC and should be given credit for keeping going with a multi chassis formula.

Personally I think the BTCC needs a mix of Single Seaters and tin tops, there are I guess a few F2 Cars somewhere in Middle England that would make a great addition in 2014 , I think that would make for a very strong stand alone career path in the UK going forward.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3196329)   #41
brakedisc
Racer

[QUOTE=Peter Cammish;3196264]Brakedisc

From what I know Ford have commited a budget to entice people to come into FF in 2013 and are offering a free entry if you sign in the first 15. I doubt they would wish to do this in the medium term but it is a significant saving. Ford have commited a budget for a few years now. Sadly it has not been spent wisely and we are on our 3rd "New" formula in 7 years. Might seem a good deal at the moment but what percentage of your budget is entry fees? 10%? At least they are giving it to the competitors rather than the teams/manufacturers.

For what it is worth I think Ford are trying to do the right thing, I guess the easiest option would be to walk away from motorsport, it has a limited demographic and I doubt the old adage "win on a Sunday , Sell on a Monday" is relevant as most people have little interest in motorsport (outside of F1 which is regretfully dieing a slow but very public death, but is still supported by middle aged fans like me who cannot bring themselves to give up on it!!!! "rant over!"). Ford are losing ÂŁ5m a day in Europe and the first thing that will go is motorsport. I would suggest that their representatives are putting the effort in now so that they have a formula to run after Ford are gone. I would not be suprised if the plug has been pulled already.

I think Ford are helping to keep alive National Single Seater Motorsport by moving to the BTCC and should be given credit for keeping going with a multi chassis formula. Should have been with the BTCC years ago but their representitives decided to go with someone else. Multi chassis formula? Certainly, Sinter, Specturn and Ray will join in if the money is right but I would suggest there will only be one chassis doing the winning and it is not any of them.

Personally I think the BTCC needs a mix of Single Seaters and tin tops, there are I guess a few F2 Cars somewhere in Middle England that would make a great addition in 2014 , I think that would make for a very strong stand alone career path in the UK going forward. I agree but it is all about money. Gone are the days when a youngster could do it himself. If daddy does not have the money too bad. There is no staircase any more nor are there any manufactures left to give a good driver a chance. The MSA have let things go. There should be no FF this year based on last years numbers yet because it is Ford and it is seen as a big deal they get away with it. What Ford are investing would not buy a team so once again it is done on the cheap. [/QUOTE

I look forward to the season, not for the racing sadly but to see who comes out on top in the battle of the Formulas. Will Ford with their last throw of the dice win or will JP and the BRDC pull it off.
Old 30 Jan 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3196356)   #42
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"but I would suggest there will only be one chassis doing the winning and it is not any of them."

not sure about this bit! Whilst I clearly think Mygale build great cars, I do feel that the bodywork on the Ecoboost is particularly cumbersome (due to a lot of the initial design being dictated by Ford I believe) and it probably wouldn't be that difficult for a competitor to build a car that is a lot more slick and aerodynamic.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3196503)   #43
brakedisc
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale View Post
"but I would suggest there will only be one chassis doing the winning and it is not any of them."

not sure about this bit! Whilst I clearly think Mygale build great cars, I do feel that the bodywork on the Ecoboost is particularly cumbersome (due to a lot of the initial design being dictated by Ford I believe) and it probably wouldn't be that difficult for a competitor to build a car that is a lot more slick and aerodynamic.

Certain areas of the bodywork were "fixed" by Ford. Roll hoop cover, side pod cover shape and minimum widths including a cockpit opening that even I could squeeze through make the cars what they are. Perhaps there is room for improvement and I am sure Gavin and Lyndsay will be in their wind tunnells as we type but with 35 pages of regulations to get right I am sure they will have enough on their hands.

It is a numbers thing. The more cars you make and sell the more resources you can afford to spend on development. The Frenchman makes a good car and got off to a flier with the Ford order so should be ahead of the game.
Old 31 Jan 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3196574)   #44
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
If I were spending my money the first thing I would ask in any multi-chassis formula is "is there a dominant team/ chassis?"

If I couldn't get in there I'd go down to second best team, same chassis.

After that you'd really need a very, very good deal if you think you're driver's in with a title shot, and even then you'd have to think about it if there are career aspirations at stake.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3197582)   #45
Deemun
Racer

Latest Update and driver signings report

http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...013/010213.htm
Old 1 Feb 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3197636)   #46
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They claim 15 confirmed entries, but later say the five (5) names given are firm entries. Suggests a touch of been "economical with the truth" if I was been cynical :-)
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3197653)   #47
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a feeling your browser's not showing the page properly or you've not scrolled down? Because they list 11 names as "firm championship registrants".
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3197662)   #48
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Updated entry list:

CC Motorsport/Mygale - Cavan Corcoran
Falcon Motorsport/Mygale - Harrison Scott
Falcon Motorsport/Mygale - ?
Jamun Racing/Mygale - Luke Williams
Jamun Racing/Mygale? - ?
Jamun Racing/Mygale? - ?
JTR/Mygale - Dan Cammish
JTR/Mygale - ?
SWB Motorsport/Sinter - Jack Dex
SWB Motorsport/Sinter - ?

team unannounced - George Blundell
team unannounced - Ross Gunn
team unannounced - Fred Martin-Dye
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3197669)   #49
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Updated entry list:

CC Motorsport/Mygale - Cavan Corcoran
Falcon Motorsport/Mygale - Harrison Scott
Jamun Racing/Mygale - Luke Williams
Jamun Racing/Mygale? - ?
Jamun Racing/Mygale? - ?
JTR/Mygale - Dan Cammish
JTR/Mygale - ?
SWB Motorsport/Sinter - Jack Dex

SWB Motorsport/Sinter - ?

team unannounced - George Blundell
team unannounced - Ross Gunn
team unannounced - Fred Martin-Dye
Looks like a good lineup. Any more rumours, any Ray runners (yes I want to see a Ray race this year!!!)
Old 1 Feb 2013, 22:09 (Ref:3197704)   #50
Deemun
Racer

Quote:
Looks like a good lineup. Any more rumours, any Ray runners (yes I want to see a Ray race this year!!!)
Oh yes....plenty of rumours but if I told you I'd have to kill you

Not sure about the quality of the overseas drivers but Dan Cammish must be considered a favourite for JTR to retain their British title this season............and yes I too would love to see the Ray marque return. Remember they came very close to winning this championship in 2010 with Scott Malvern & CDR.

Actually I did see Scott & Gavin Ray chatting together on the Ford stand at The Autosport Show last month.....not trying to start any rumours or anything