Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3415281)   #251
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
WTF is going with the Monster Mile? Is it falling apart like this series? At least the stands are packed....
I don't know! I haven't noticed the attendance much this year, but that was the worst I have ever seen at any track.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3415454)   #252
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More on "the Bif" from McReynolds. And guess what, his written english is as bad as his commentary.

Quote:
UPDATE3: from a FoxSports article by Larry McReynolds: Last week there was a lot of talk and speculation that both #16-Greg Biffle and #99-Carl Edwards would be driving for new teams in 2015, but now I [Larry McReynolds] just don't think that's going to be the case for both of them. I actually think Greg will be staying now at Roush Fenway Racing. Kept hearing that there was a possible deal for him to join Michael Waltrip Racing next year but it just couldn't come together.
With that said, I [McReynolds] do believe Carl Edwards will definitely be leaving Roush Fenway at the end of the season. There is a lot of speculation about him going to Joe Gibbs Racing which tried to put a deal together for him in 2013. That would obviously be a fourth team for Gibbs, should it happen. However, the closer I keep my ear to the ground, the more I hear that Carl will be going to Team Penske and they will field a third team in 2015.(FoxSports)(6-4-2014)
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3415465)   #253
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Edwards is competitively consistent and does need to leave that team. He's just not as lightning fast as he was a few years and that's likely down to Roush going off the boil.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3416056)   #254
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Biffle really 43 year old - gives 37 year old Ambrose some hope
Old 8 Jun 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3416979)   #255
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About to go green at Pocono. Denny Hamlin starts from the pole.

Despite not always offering the best of races I do have a soft spot for the big triangle. I guess it has something to do with how big and fast the place is.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3417008)   #256
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post

Despite not always offering the best of races I do have a soft spot for the big triangle. I guess it has something to do with how big and fast the place is.
I've always loved Pocono; different from anything they go to, pretty setting and fast as hell.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3417076)   #257
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, today is a bloody good day - JUNIOR WINS!

Coupled with the result in Montreal I'm very happy with how this weekend turned out!
Old 8 Jun 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3417089)   #258
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not to mention....a few years back, you were allowed to downshift then shift back up through the "tunnel" turn. Not sure if that's still in effect or not.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3417141)   #259
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Did I see Johnson and Ambrose reverse around in the pit there? Earnhardt got a bit of good luck there with an overheating Kes running into Danica but well done to him.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3417148)   #260
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No bigger that Daytona, not as big as Talladega, just a different configuration. I believe that is the reason why I like it, it's unique configuration, plus I've seen some good racing there.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3417168)   #261
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Not to mention....a few years back, you were allowed to downshift then shift back up through the "tunnel" turn. Not sure if that's still in effect or not.
They still downshift at Pocono, four to five times per lap.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3417183)   #262
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Did I see Johnson and Ambrose reverse around in the pit there? Earnhardt got a bit of good luck there with an overheating Kes running into Danica but well done to him.
Yes, another one of those "Racin deals". Not much that either of them could do, both were already already committed, no way to avoid it.

Brad K. did about the only thing that he could do. He dropped back behind Dale Jr., to try and get the bag off of his grill, but Dale wasn't having any of it, as it was for the win, he stated so, in victory lane. Brad understood and would have done the same thing if the situation had been reversed, he said so, as well. He tried to get in behind Danica, to allow the low pressure area, between the two cars pull the bag off of his grill, but it didn't work out like he planned. She lost allot more speed than Brad thought that she would, she misjudged the turn, so his gamble didn't work. I felt bad for Danica, she had run well, raced for position and kept her car on the lead lap all day. She had worked her way up to 3rd and was set to have a good run and a good finish, but a blown tire put her into the wall and ruined her day. Brad's engine was losing power, due to overheating and it would not have made it to the end, had he tried to stay in from of Dale Jr. Dale Jr. had run him down earlier in the race, but he was a little slower than Brad, on that last run. Brad had the car to beat, but as they say, "That's Racin". You have to be there, to take advantage, when things happen -- he was and it paid off with a win! Congratulations Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Last edited by R.Lee; 8 Jun 2014 at 22:04. Reason: corrections
Old 8 Jun 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3417188)   #263
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
From what I could piece together, it was a good race. Hard to follow, due to the almost constant commercial breaks (something, it seemed like every 5 to 7 laps) that TNT ran! Their coverage was/is really pathetic! Thank God this is the last year that they will cover races! 1 down, 5 to go for them -- the next 5 races cannot pass quickly enough for me! Again, congratulations Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Old 8 Jun 2014, 23:43 (Ref:3417251)   #264
aussiemuscle308
Rookie

aussiemuscle308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Yes, another one of those "Racin deals". Not much that either of them could do, both were already already committed, no way to avoid it.
that's bull. if it had been the other way around, Ambrose would have been penalized, period. it was an unsafe release regardless of how committed they were
Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3417480)   #265
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Standings after Pocono 1:

1. Jeff Gordon (Hendrick Chevy), 498
2. Matt Kenseth (Gibbs Toyota), 482 /0
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr (Hendrick Chevy), 476
4. Jimmie Johnson (Hendrick Chevy), 475
5. Brad Keselowski (Penske Ford), 448
6. Kyle Busch (Gibbs Toyota), 443
7. Carl Edwards (Roush Ford), 441
8. Denny Hamlin (Gibbs Toyota), 420
9. Joey Logano (Penske Ford), 418
10. Kyle Larson (Ganassi Chevy), 417 /0
11. Ryan Newman (Childress Chevy), 411 /0
12. Kevin Harvick (Stewart-Haas Chevy), 403
13. Brian Vickers (Waltrip Toyota), 392 /0
11. Greg Biffle (Roush Ford), 385 /0
15. Austin Dillon (Childress Chevy), 385 /0
16. Clint Bowyer (Waltrip Toyota), 383 /0
17. Paul Menard (Childress Chevy), 380 /0
18. Tony Stewart (Stewart-Haas Chevy), 368 /0
19. Aric Almirola (Petty Ford), 366 /0
20. AJ Allmendinger (JTG Chevy), 360 /0
Old 9 Jun 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3417599)   #266
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
JUNIOOOOOOOOOOOR!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3417842)   #267
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemuscle308 View Post
that's bull. if it had been the other way around, Ambrose would have been penalized, period. it was an unsafe release regardless of how committed they were
I'll have to disagree with you on that. Neither driver would have been penalized, regardless of what position they were in.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3417856)   #268
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Knaus screwed up and was good enough to admit it and apologise. This is one time a penalty was merited.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3418067)   #269
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I'll have to disagree with you on that. Neither driver would have been penalized, regardless of what position they were in.
Ambrose would have been penalised if roll's where reversed - Lowe's pays NASCAR more than Stanley
Old 10 Jun 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3418153)   #270
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
I believe R.Lee's point is that there is no 'unsafe release' in Nascar.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3418249)   #271
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Unsafe release?"

I am still surprised they even make crew guys wear helmets.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 20:39 (Ref:3418316)   #272
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I believe R.Lee's point is that there is no 'unsafe release' in Nascar.
All I'm saying is that this was a racing accident. No one was at fault, no one was trying to wreck anyone or block anyone from getting in/out of their pit stall. Had the drivers been in the opposite positions, the results would have been the same, no penelty. Things like that happen sometime. That's racin!
Old 10 Jun 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3418357)   #273
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
They penalise you for lots of stuff in the pits in NASCAR. Wheels gone astray, numbers working on the car, pitlane speed limit, they get moody if the fuel contraption is still stuck in your backside as you waltz away. You get a smack for all that muppetry but when it comes to happily reversing back down the pit straight whilst the other 41 cars are doing their synchronised pit-dance in the other direction, it's all cool guys.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3418456)   #274
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
They penalise you for lots of stuff in the pits in NASCAR. Wheels gone astray, numbers working on the car, pitlane speed limit, they get moody if the fuel contraption is still stuck in your backside as you waltz away. You get a smack for all that muppetry but when it comes to happily reversing back down the pit straight whilst the other 41 cars are doing their synchronised pit-dance in the other direction, it's all cool guys.
In all fairness the vast majority of the field had already finished their service and left once Johnson begun backing up, so there was no real danger in doing it.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3422391)   #275
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Johnson wins again, 3 out of the last 4 races, 7 of the top 8 are Chevrolet engines, 4 Hendricks cars, blah, blah, blah... Imagine the stink if Toyota dominated like that
Ambrose & his team have turned to poo & will be lucky to finish top 10 next week on the roadcourse - more than happy to be wrong & see the #9 in victory lane