Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2003, 21:16 (Ref:476596)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari's response to the new rules and f2003 presentation

Moderators, feel free to merge this with the thread on the new rules. I thought it was worth a new thread, but you may not. I already posted Michael's thoughts on the rules in that thread, here are Todt's. From gazzetta, I'll again do my best to translate:

le nuove regole introdotte mercoledì dalla Fia sono "interessanti", ma "ora bisognerÃ* vedere quali si potranno applicare subitoâ€.

-> The new rules introduced on Wed by FIA are interesting, but we have to see which we can apply right away

“La Ferrari - ha spiegato il francese - supporta ogni politica di riduzione dei costi è da tempo, ad esempio, che appoggiamo il motore unico per GP, che farÃ* risparmiare il 20 per cento a ogni scuderiaâ€.

-> Ferrari has supported any measures to reduce costs for some time now, for example, we support the 1 engine per gp, that will save 20% of the funds for each team.

“A noi sta bene togliere subito la telemetria bidirezionale e le comunicazioni radio, su cui si esprimerÃ* la Commissione tecnica a Londra. Ma, ad esempio, l'elettronica dovrebbe restare per tutto il prossimo campionato, o almeno una parteâ€.

->Its ok with us to immediately eliminate bidirectional telemetry and radio communications. but, for example, the electronics should stay for the whole of the next championship year, or at least a part of them.

“Si potrebbe fare il warm up il sabato prima delle qualifiche (anziché la domenica; n.d.r.), in modo che tra le prove ufficiali e il GP non si dovrÃ* più scendere in pistaâ€.

-> We propose that the warm up should be done on saturday before the qualifying (instead of on the Sunday) so that there is no need to go back on track at any time between qualifying and the race.

“Domani la Commissione stabilirÃ* i casi in cui si potrÃ* ricorrere alla vettura di riservaâ€

-> Tomorrow we will discuss the cases in which we can use the spare car.

“I concorrenti sono forti, ma noi siamo sempre motivati a far bene. Anche con le nuove regole, credo che restiamo i più fortiâ€.

-> Our opponents are strong, but we are always motivated to do well. Even with the new rules, I believe we will be the strongest.

The other stuff he said was that Feb 7 is the launch of the new F2003, and it is confirmed that Schumi and Rubens will start next year with the F2002. Nothing groundshaking, but their proposal about not sunday warmup is kind of interesting. They seem fine with all the rules except for the electronics... Didn't even mention the standardized parts (maybe he's not taking that seriously?).

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 16 Jan 2003 at 21:21.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 21:29 (Ref:476621)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Oh and there's a strange sentence in the article that says that Todt acknowledges the significance of being able to sell parts to other teams - and its says sale of a chassis to Minardi has been discussed. Its not clear to me whether this was Todt talking or a Gazzetta rumor - I assume the latter.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 21:44 (Ref:476642)   #3
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Ferrari's response to the new rules and f2003 presentation

Notice how he only discusses some of the minor proposed rules that wouldnt put Ferrari at a disadvantage while staying positive through out the article.
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Didn't even mention the standardized parts (maybe he's not taking that seriously?).
Why should he? They have the best car on the grid. Its also interesting that he didnt mind conceding radios even though Monte said they would stick with team orders.
Old 16 Jan 2003, 23:27 (Ref:476718)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe they are going to use "The Force" to communicate with the drivers?
Old 16 Jan 2003, 23:47 (Ref:476731)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's always pitboards.

*Edited - Stay on topic guys - Wrex*
Old 16 Jan 2003, 23:54 (Ref:476745)   #6
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Edited - Stay on topic guys - Wrex*
Old 17 Jan 2003, 01:23 (Ref:476791)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
This was not the intended direction of this thread
Old 17 Jan 2003, 01:55 (Ref:476806)   #8
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well..what do you expect Inigo.

Anyway, i oppose to all the new rulings and if the other teams think that they might have an advantage after all these rulings are being abided, then they are in for a suprise. I doubt Ferrari would have any problem to dominate the 2003 season again.