Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 May 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3080717)   #976
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the beauty is in the eye of the watcher, the performance is in the eye of everyone!
i'm not so optimistic about this, but i hope to be wrong.
Old 28 May 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3080729)   #977
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well we are all hoping that henri pulls it out of the bag and both cars are competative
Old 28 May 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3080740)   #978
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post

What a hell am I looking at? Not quite AMR-One 2.0 but...
Old 28 May 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3080744)   #979
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, but that really isn't pretty.......
Old 28 May 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3080757)   #980
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Henri and the fugly duckling , sounds like a good yarn .
Old 28 May 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3080763)   #981
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Henri and the fugly duckling , sounds like a good yarn .
To me it actually start to sound like the H.C. Andersen fairy tale: "the ugly duckling"

Everybody giving it grief over how ugly it is, but develops into a beautiful swan ei. fast race car!

Unfortuntaly the reality is rarely like a fairy tale.
Old 28 May 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3080776)   #982
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They said the same about the previous iteration of the car...

All in all, this reincarnation of AMR-One will only be complete if/when the engine blows up on warm-up lap. In any case the laptimes can't possibly be any worse!
Old 28 May 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3080778)   #983
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I for one would be very happy with the fairy tale, no matter what I think about the car's looks!
Old 28 May 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3080789)   #984
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
just imagine if henri's cars win, now that would be a dream come true but i suspect a dream it will stay
Old 28 May 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3080795)   #985
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
just imagine if henri's cars win, now that would be a dream come true but i suspect a dream it will stay
He had his shot in 2005. As harsh as it sounds but unlike he gets involved in some kind of factory operation he won't be getting as near ever again.

I guess he still wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about this. That was the one year where it would have been possible.
Old 28 May 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3080801)   #986
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
He had his shot in 2005. As harsh as it sounds but unlike he gets involved in some kind of factory operation he won't be getting as near ever again.

I guess he still wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about this. That was the one year where it would have been possible.
He was close in 2006 too.
If A manufacture mess up at Le Mans (running a slow but competitive car, or running a bit too unproven car) Henri have every chance of winning.
Old 28 May 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3080808)   #987
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
unfortunately Audi have this covered with two new unproven hybrids and two proven cars
Old 28 May 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3080812)   #988
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
unfortunately Audi have this covered with two new unproven hybrids and two proven cars
And if all luck should be out for Audi, Toyota will be there too.

Not saying Pescarolo can win this year. Just saying it's possible in the future, under the right conditions (1 manufactures, who screws up one way or another, like it was close to in 2005 and 2006)
Old 28 May 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3080814)   #989
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
He was close in 2006 too.
If A manufacture mess up at Le Mans (running a slow but competitive car, or running a bit too unproven car) Henri have every chance of winning.
The problem is that with the way the WEC is shaping up there will be 2+ manufacturers for the foreseeable future... and Henri isn't the youngest anymore.

With 4-6 works cars in the way, he's not winning this race, not on his budget. One of the works cars will always come through.... like I said, he either gets on board with a semi-works effort like in 2009 or it's not going to happen.
Old 28 May 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3080824)   #990
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car isn't overly ugly but it does look like Pescarolo used the first half of the AMR-One and attached an annex at the back.
Plus the camera was drunk and took a trembling photo of a white car with a very white background.
I'll hold off final judgments once it's seen this weekend.
Old 28 May 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3080863)   #991
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone seems to want to see this car do well, but what will "doing well" for this car mean?

I have very, very low expectations.
Old 28 May 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3080872)   #992
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Everyone seems to want to see this car do well, but what will "doing well" for this car mean?

i think that the comparison with the old 01 evo will be inevitable, the car was the best private car in 2009 and 2011.
In 2009 did a good LMS against the full season entry official lola astons.. they could win the champ if they were able to score points in the last 2 races. During le mans the 01evo finished #16 finished in top ten but they did too much mess with the 908HDi wasting not only the race (and the car too) but also losing an opportunity for a future collaboration with peugeot. The car was the overall winner of asianLMS 2009 under the new brand SORA.

In 2011 they did a wonderfull season in LMS against rebellion team that grid 2 cars, they won the driver champ and the team champ was lost just for 1 point because of polepositions... They did a good le mans race too before the accident in the wet sunday morning but never had the pace of the rebellion cars.

Because of this, a part of me thinks that maybe the 03 should be more "conservative"... the pescarolo 01 tub as shown by oak can host the judd 34 engine! they maybe just need to rework the front area of the 01 for the new tyres and develope some aero update. But another part of me, watching the poor performance of the car at sebring, where the car was running slower than some lmp2, i think that maybe the 01evo did her history and something totally new was required
Old 29 May 2012, 00:49 (Ref:3080883)   #993
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post

Currently Pescarolo's goal should be being best privateer P1. If the car can be in contention for that, it's doing well. I'm not convinced it can, though.
Old 29 May 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3080890)   #994
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Given the time, the amount of testing they are going to be able to get in, running the Dome, and the wacky financial issues that have taken place so far, I think success would be just making the starting grid. Groan.
Old 29 May 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3080902)   #995
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I tend to agree with skycafe, this has been a tumultuous run-up to the 24 for Henri's team even by his own rather dramatic standards. I would like to imagine a successful tie-in with a manufacturer, but barring a stint with Peugeot (and I'm not referring to 2009!) he has not seemed to be able to maintain collaborations. I wish them all the best, but a big part of me wishes they'd just focused on the Dome this year.
Old 29 May 2012, 05:23 (Ref:3080930)   #996
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Maybe a manufacturer will hire him to run a programme. Henri is one of the best operators out there - he has proven that time and again by being the best private team on Sunday afternoon and at many LMS races......

...... he just needs a better business manager
Old 29 May 2012, 05:52 (Ref:3080943)   #997
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
...... he just needs a better business manager
As far as i understand from the press releases. Henri could start with hiring one (it always seem that it's Henri himself that does the business deals)
Old 29 May 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3080949)   #998
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Currently Pescarolo's goal should be being best privateer P1. If the car can be in contention for that, it's doing well. I'm not convinced it can, though.
Agreed , they should pull it out , and let a more deserving reserve in , imo .
Old 29 May 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3080972)   #999
Robbo28
Rookie

Robbo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Agreed , they should pull it out , and let a more deserving reserve in , imo .
Are there any LMP's left on the reserve list???
Old 29 May 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3080974)   #1000
The Badger
Veteran

yeah , one P2 Lola/Lotus ..... and a pro IMSA 997 , and an AM Felbermayr 997 .