Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Aug 2017, 03:15 (Ref:3761063)   #5426
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Montoya probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Sure! He's mostly free ATM.
Question is, who else will be in the car at Petit?
Old 23 Aug 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3761180)   #5427
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yep. Saw that above.

Wonder who might have been driving today, how much more they'll test as there's plenty of time between now and the first weekend in October.
It was Montoya.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3761181)   #5428
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Question is, who else will be in the car at Petit?
If I had to guess, it will be Helio.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3761192)   #5429
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
My money is on the aforementioned Montoya-Castroneves-Paugenaud combo as they're all completely dialed in with the team and the Indycar season is done and dusted by then.

The Penske entry is a warm-up for next season AND they wanna win Petit - why not bring your best drivers then?

I'd like to see a camera focused on Roger's face when Cameron is passing the Penske car for the lead on the last lap!
Old 23 Aug 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3761195)   #5430
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
My money is on the aforementioned Montoya-Castroneves-Paugenaud combo as they're all completely dialed in with the team and the Indycar season is done and dusted by then.

The Penske entry is a warm-up for next season AND they wanna win Petit - why not bring your best drivers then?

I'd like to see a camera focused on Roger's face when Cameron is passing the Penske car for the lead on the last lap!
Indeed on the lineup.

And I'd assume The Captain would be present. Cup Series is in Charlotte, so he should be able to do both, but I'd assume he'd focus more on Road Atlanta.

Can't wait!
Old 25 Aug 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3761437)   #5431
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I heard they (Penske) are actually practicing at Road Atlanta today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They were! I seen it!
Keep your ears peeled the next couple weeks from S365:

***A number of Prototype teams are set to test at Road Atlanta next week. Cadillac DPi squads Wayne Taylor Racing and Action Express Racing, plus Visit Florida Racing’s Ligier JS P217 Gibson will be on hand, with the SunEnergy1 Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3 scheduled for a single-day test on Aug. 31.

***Stevenson Motorsports, Michael Shank Racing, Porsche GT Team and Land Motorsport, meanwhile, are scheduled for the following week, in preparation for the 20th anniversary Motul Petit Le Mans, which closes out the WeatherTech Championship season.

Plus the sweet fun that is GridLife this weekend

Old 25 Aug 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3761529)   #5432
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Keep your ears peeled the next couple weeks from S365:

***A number of Prototype teams are set to test at Road Atlanta next week. Cadillac DPi squads Wayne Taylor Racing and Action Express Racing, plus Visit Florida Racing’s Ligier JS P217 Gibson will be on hand, with the SunEnergy1 Racing Mercedes-AMG GT3 scheduled for a single-day test on Aug. 31.

***Stevenson Motorsports, Michael Shank Racing, Porsche GT Team and Land Motorsport, meanwhile, are scheduled for the following week, in preparation for the 20th anniversary Motul Petit Le Mans, which closes out the WeatherTech Championship season.

Plus the sweet fun that is GridLife this weekend

Make sense, the testing that is. Decent gap to Laguna, which could be similar in setups to Road ATL, right? And is less than 2 week turn around to PLM from LS.

Oooo. GL.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3762615)   #5433
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Ryan Hunter-Reay will be the 3rd driver for Wayne Taylor at PLM.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14359...-petit-le-mans
Old 29 Aug 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3762628)   #5434
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ryan Hunter-Reay will be the 3rd driver for Wayne Taylor at PLM.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14359...-petit-le-mans
Decent addition I'd say!
Old 29 Aug 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3762673)   #5435
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Pagenaud would be a better choice than Castroneves.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3768852)   #5436
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like we may find out if Penske will be at Petit with a P-2.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14435...rst-acura-test

L.P.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3768880)   #5437
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Pagenaud would be a better choice than Castroneves.
Yes, which is why he is staying in Indycar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post

L.P.
Well, the weather is beautiful, fingers crossed for a flawless test tomorrow!
Old 20 Sep 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3768888)   #5438
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

To be honest, I don't see what could go wrong other than a crash. From the article I couldn't tell if they are testing the Acura or the stock Oreca.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3768902)   #5439
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
To be honest, I don't see what could go wrong other than a crash. From the article I couldn't tell if they are testing the Acura or the stock Oreca.
I would tell you but I'll be up in Clayton tomorrow. I bet it's the Oreca.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:32 (Ref:3768948)   #5440
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
'member Brad Kesolowski tested at Road Atlanta once...
Old 21 Sep 2017, 02:05 (Ref:3768961)   #5441
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No, I actually don't. When and in what?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3768967)   #5442
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Hey look, it's worse case senerio guy.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3768969)   #5443
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Quote:
God gives you 2 feet for a reason. In case something happens to one of them...

And i'm sure the barriers looked like this before the crash:
Old 21 Sep 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3768977)   #5444
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hear the turn one gravel trap added after that is called the "Keslowski catcher.

Poor guy came down the front straight and was confronted with e right (wrong) turn. I guess he was trying to find the button or lever which made the car turn the wrong way, couldn't find it, and slammed the wall.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3769048)   #5445
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Wonder if Simon was in the car at Sebring ... he was with Helio and JPM yesterday (JPM's birthday).

https://twitter.com/simonpagenaud/st...70529174163456

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3769052)   #5446
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I hear the turn one gravel trap added after that is called the "Keslowski catcher.

Poor guy came down the front straight and was confronted with e right (wrong) turn. I guess he was trying to find the button or lever which made the car turn the wrong way, couldn't find it, and slammed the wall.
We refer to any wide or straight on mistake at T1 as the "Keso line".
Quote:
God gives you 2 feet for a reason. In case something happens to one of them...

And i'm sure the barriers looked like this before the crash:
Still incredible to see...
Quote:
Hey! One slight error either mechanically or operator can end in a big big issue... Just saying!

It is a beautiful day, however. That better?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 13:50 (Ref:3769063)   #5447
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
We refer to any wide or straight on mistake at T1 as the "Keso line".
In my land, we would call you an ass.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3769070)   #5448
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

L.P.
From the article (as I'm still playing a little catchup), not sure how the storm would've impacted the actual surface, maybe facilities??

Tim Cindric told RACER. "We were able to get him out there and get him a flavor for it. We were a bit concerned about the condition of the track after the hurricanes, but that turned out to be OK. So, we were able to shake down there and spend a couple days there understanding what we don't know. That track shakes a lot of bugs loose."

But to my earlier point, "that track shakes a lot bugs loose!"

Hoping for a successful CLEAN day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
In my land, we would call you an ass.
The feeling is likely mutual on any land.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3769075)   #5449
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
From the article (as I'm still playing a little catchup), not sure how the storm would've impacted the actual surface, maybe facilities??

Tim Cindric told RACER. "We were able to get him out there and get him a flavor for it. We were a bit concerned about the condition of the track after the hurricanes, but that turned out to be OK. So, we were able to shake down there and spend a couple days there understanding what we don't know. That track shakes a lot of bugs loose."

But to my earlier point, "that track shakes a lot bugs loose!"

Hoping for a successful CLEAN day.

The feeling is likely mutual on any land.
Two separate bug zappers though. They were already in Sebring where bugs got shook loose, and are now moving on to Road Atlanta.

L.P.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3769078)   #5450
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Two separate bug zappers though. They were already in Sebring where bugs got shook loose, and are now moving on to Road Atlanta.

L.P.
That's where the hurricane actually hit - I'll read in lieu if skimming next time

Keep her on the gray stuff! Which I believe there's been some new grey stuff place in some corners and I know there's been some gray stuff removed from the esses.