Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 29 Apr 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3066877)   #51
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
You've no idea how dull my town is, and I get excited about seeing anything of interest.

Yesterday afternoon : - Maserati GT, Audi R8 and a lovely cherry-red TVR 52-plate, but don't know which model (they all look the same to me, but what a beautiful noise from the exhausts).
Then later, a Minor covertible, a TR6 with wires (they just don't look right) and a Vitesse covertible with a full badge-bar. Now there's something you no longer see, a badge-bar. Presumably because there are no separate bumpers any more, but they were always fitted to anything sporty from about 1935 to 1965. Quite why is beyond me.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3066941)   #52
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsportaddict View Post
One of these...

On the A14 on Friday.

My question is.....

What...... Is the point???
I was in Amsterdam last week and outside the upmarket shops in Pieter Cornelius Hoofstraat there were about ten of these things. So easy to park end on to the kerb and easily manouvered in tight spaces. Inner city gems ?
Old 3 May 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3068796)   #53
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Last night, outside our one hotel, a Fiat 126 resprayed in what looked like that 1970s Ford green - Medina or Modena?

Surprised to see one that hadn't rusted away, but maybe it was a later Polski-Fiat.My spinster aunt had one and used to regularly leave a blanket over the engine in the winter months, and forget to take it away before starting.

She was known in our family as "Oh Christ,what now". My father was her sibling, and regarded by her as the font of all wisdom. He spent half his life sorting out her problems - every family has one like that.

Before the 126,she had a 127 - when did you last see one of those?
Old 3 May 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3069023)   #54
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Last week, my neighbour in Spain has an immaculate yellow one
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 May 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3069265)   #55
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Last week, my neighbour in Spain has an immaculate yellow one

Ah, the sunny climes of Iberia. She lived in Diss at the time, close enough to the North Sea for sodium chloride to take effect.
Old 4 May 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3069289)   #56
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Last night, outside our one hotel, a Fiat 126 resprayed in what looked like that 1970s Ford green - Medina or Modena?

Surprised to see one that hadn't rusted away, but maybe it was a later Polski-Fiat.My spinster aunt had one and used to regularly leave a blanket over the engine in the winter months, and forget to take it away before starting.

She was known in our family as "Oh Christ,what now". My father was her sibling, and regarded by her as the font of all wisdom. He spent half his life sorting out her problems - every family has one like that.

Was she buying her Fiats in reverse numerical order? (Or related to Eric Morley who always read out the Miss World results in the same way?)
Old 4 May 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3069294)   #57
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
It was a case of diminishing size - I think the eventual aim was a hamster wheel.
Old 4 May 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3069396)   #58
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw a fly yellow 458 this morning.
Old 4 May 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3069410)   #59
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Ford pop hot rod on the a500 in stoke
Old 5 May 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3069667)   #60
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Last night I saw a Dodge Journey -never seen one before and still haven't got a clue. Is it an MPV or a Crossover or what? There are a lot of Dodge cars around here at the moment - since I have never seen a particularly flattering road-test report of any model I can only assume that they must do some cracking deals.

Also saw a smart Porsche 944 S2 with factory steel sunroof open and kids in the back. No useless supercar this - a "proper" GT car being properly used, nice.
Old 5 May 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3069757)   #61
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car park at our local autojumble, held annually on 1 May, attracted the usual eclectic mix the other day, ranging from a 1910 Le Zebre to a DeLorean. Parked next to the latter was a pair of Triumph Herald 13/60 drop-tops.

Other now-rarely seen '60s/70s vehicles included Renault Dauphine, Citroen Ami & GS, a Fiat 124 Coupe & Simca 1000 Coupe as well as an immaculate Citroen H flat-back that I often see locally.
Old 5 May 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3069822)   #62
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also saw a smart Porsche 944 S2 with factory steel sunroof open and kids in the back. No useless supercar this - a "proper" GT car being properly used, nice.
One of my favorite cars these. Becoming a bit of a 'modern classic' and you can pick up a good one for not a lot of money. Definitely a possibility for my next purchase.
Old 5 May 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3069928)   #63
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One of my favorite cars these. Becoming a bit of a 'modern classic' and you can pick up a good one for not a lot of money. Definitely a possibility for my next purchase.
I'm a big 944 fan, but haven't got around to owning one yet and will not until I have garage space.

Here in the USA, prices are rising quickly as numbers of roadworthy ones dwindle. However they estimate about 40% of the ones sold are still on the road, which is pretty good for a 20+ year old car.
Old 6 May 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3070097)   #64
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Journey is a minivan in my mind. It's the same platform as that SUB/MPV/minivan thing made by merc.

I saw a mini today! It's only the second one I've seen that wasn't a race car. Looked brand new too.
Old 6 May 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3070141)   #65
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The Journey is a minivan in my mind. It's the same platform as that SUB/MPV/minivan thing made by merc.

I saw a mini today! It's only the second one I've seen that wasn't a race car. Looked brand new too.
Since you wrote 'mini' in lower case letters I hope you meant the proper, Issigonis design, not BMW's hideous creation! Saw a new Countryman a couple of days ago - truly nasty.
Old 6 May 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3070188)   #66
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Since you wrote 'mini' in lower case letters I hope you meant the proper, Issigonis design, not BMW's hideous creation! Saw a new Countryman a couple of days ago - truly nasty.
I totally agree. The first Mini by BMW was a reasonable pastiche, but the later edition is quite the most stupid thing on four wheels - it's very ugly, completely ignores the original intention of "retro-style", and is the antithesis of "mini". Absolutely pointless.

Went by the local MOT station last night and saw a Messerschmitt KR200 waiting its turn - bright red with black soft-top...

What larks!!
Old 6 May 2012, 20:10 (Ref:3070350)   #67
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Friday saw 2 (yes I know, I can't believe it either) Vauxhall VXR8's.
One red, one black.

Yes I know, they should be called Holden Commodore's as they would sound so much more appealing then 'Vauxhall' but I think they're a pretty cool car. Fairly understated looks but have the power to show those 'boy racer' fellows what a real car can do.

Last edited by wheelsportaddict; 6 May 2012 at 20:15.
Old 7 May 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3070554)   #68
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a red VXR8 in the Snett paddock yesterday.
Old 8 May 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3071017)   #69
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Seen quite often around the area is a very lush, black Dodge Ram SRT-10. Unfortunately, the owner has seen to necessary to completely ruin it by covering it in god squad graffiti.
Old 8 May 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3071206)   #70
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Yes I meant a real mini. I really like the current ones but they are a dime a dozen here.
Old 9 May 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3071609)   #71
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, well if it's "what I saw", then LOADS of interesting exotica at Snett over the weekend, if it's "what I saw on the road" then highlights were extensive as it looks like there was a classic car / bus / truck meeting somewhere in North Wales over the weekend so pretty much the first 2 hours of the drive from Holyhead was punctuated with "oooh, and oh, what's THAT?" and me swerving because I was paying far too much attention to what was coming the other way!
  • Loved a 50's flatbed with a 50's tractor on it, towing what looked like a period caravan!
  • Loved the sight of a RouteMaster bus coming up the dual-carriageway!
  • Loved the sight of the two vintage tractors being driven by lads in high-viz gear, one of which was pulling a caravan and causing a MEGA tailback. I loved the irony that in the middle there were other caravans being pulled by more than capable tow vehicles what were likely getting the blame from the cars immediately behind them.
Old 19 May 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3076393)   #72
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Saw a black SRT-10 Ram pickup a couple of days ago. Smaller then I thought but still stood out. And the thought of a V10 powered ute is something else.
Old 19 May 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3076541)   #73
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Spotted a Matra M530 in town a couple of days ago - even over here they're not terribly common.
Old 19 May 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3076595)   #74
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Saw a black SRT-10 Ram pickup a couple of days ago. Smaller then I thought but still stood out. And the thought of a V10 powered ute is something else.
Someone in Peterborough has one, only trouble is they've spoiled it by covering it in 'god squad' graffiti.
Old 20 May 2012, 05:01 (Ref:3076656)   #75
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Someone in Peterborough has one, only trouble is they've spoiled it by covering it in 'god squad' graffiti.
That'll be the KKK option pack then.