Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Aug 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3121149)   #1
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Goran Malmberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hemipanter sportscar.

Road car forums! Okay, I'll tell a little about my car and what happens to it right now, I'm guessing that many know little about the car already. 6-8-2012 I sold the shortblock to Finland.

I am to build a 572 cui aluminium motor that also has higher compression ratio that will better suit the E85 fuel. Interesting to see where the fuel consumption is landing. Everything is cleaned and put in to boxes waiting for the new aluminium block to enter the scene.

The rear lower crossmember was cut out in favour for a nicer and lighter and stronger piece of steel.
Now for the new engine mounts, this requires a properly made cardboard model. It is important that the gearbox and engine are exactly centrically against each other. engine must also be positioned correctly both laterally and horizontally.

After that, I've cut out the shape in an aluminum sheet which is 6mm thick. Here it is placed in the car for some final adjustments. This plate will serve several purposes, it hold the engine, it picks up diagonal forces between the frame legs and coilover suspension mounts.

Best of all, the aluminium block removes some 140 pounds from the car, and engine mounts and some other things will further reduce the weight for an estimated total car weight of 2300 pounds.
I will be back as the work progress.
Goran