Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 16 Jan 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1502361)   #1
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Plans for Buckmore

Has anyone else seen the new track extension plans for Buckmore Park?

Very impressed, hopefully they will use the extension for clubbies. I feel it resembles the Brands Hatch GP circuit, going off in to the woods straight from turn one and plunging down a hill to a chicane then hard right towards as a hairpin then back up the hill towards where the current turn 2 is and then you rejoin there
Old 16 Jan 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1502389)   #2
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.karting.co.uk/Imgs/News/2...cflyer4Lrg.jpg

*Toy Story aliens stylie* Oooooooooooooooooohh........

*translated to local Scottish dialect* ****ING SWEET!

Been waiting to see what the've had in mind for some time, since they said they were doing the 40* banked hairpin a year ago. And this version doesn't disappoint.

Hopefully that section will be as good for passing as the rest of the circuit currently is. Shame you lose Conways, which is a nice fun fast corner, but to replace it with that esse! That's gonna be NUTS at the end of that straight!

And we're already revving to high heaven cos of the twisty bits - at the end of that we'll be almost worse than Warden Law - pure screaming! And also hope they put in some more spectator facilities up that end (eventually at least), because that esse will be one of the best places in the country to watch.

And 20m elevation change?!?! Just visualise that for a second. Buckmore and GYG are probably only 10m atm. It's a bloody rollercoaster!

Have always hoped that one day Buckmore would be able to host International events, hopefully with this it'll come true!
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 16 Jan 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1502397)   #3
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet...

How long with that extension make the circuit? - I ask because I think that 1500M is the longest that a track can be in the UK to be classified as a 'short circuit'
Old 16 Jan 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1502399)   #4
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A. 1650m - so, according to the msa rule book it's about to become a long circuit.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1502450)   #5
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which would mean TKM's and Rotax's wouldnt be able to use it?

And just after visualising that 20m elevation change, that surely isnt far off Pilgrims Drop or Paddock Hill at Brands
Old 16 Jan 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1502452)   #6
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
On second thoughts they could still let us use it if they used the cut through on the current circuit where the north and south circuit meets??

I'm sure first day they use that for a race there will be no shortage of bookings
Old 16 Jan 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1502513)   #7
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good points raised on a thread about on "another well known karting forum".

Quote:
looks good, but imagine the treck to the pits if your kart broke down at the far end
Not necessarily any worse than being stuck at the top corner at Fulbeck, but frankly, any comparison between the two is unwanted.

Quote:
Buckmore is NOT a 1200m track, its a con. It actually measures about 950m, and when I complained to Sisley about this deception his reply was that under the circuit homologation rules they are allowed to include the total length including any rolling lap cut-throughs & other such bits to make up the total! So with this new bit it will actually be about 1450m (assuming the same "fiddle factor" has not been applied).
Heard bout this a while ago. Simple enough to work out when you look at the laptime difference to other 1200m tracks. So it should be OK. Maybe they'll start telling the truth about the length one it's built!

Quote:
They should spend all that money on the pits before they even consider trying to make the track a CIK track.. Its a great track but can you really see all the top teams in the world working on them slopes??
Very true.

And speedy, remind us how you spell cough
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 16 Jan 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1502549)   #8
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup, the bits are very very poor! Also imagine in the winter months, u will practically always need wets, EVEN IN THE DRY! The top end of the circuit (conways) already takes ages to dry out, so imagine if it went even further into the woods!

The track would simple not dry! Always shreading wets or sliding on slicks! But the elevation change does sound kinda sexi to me :P

Rich.... im testing a 2 stroke tkm soon
Old 17 Jan 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1503031)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I personaly feel it looks awesome. I am gonna drive Buckmore for the 1st time at the Buckmore F6 test there at the end of this month testing out my new TKM 4 stroke which is a new Talko so I don't know much about the circuit yet so I can't really say it is gonna be a good extention or not yet.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1503216)   #10
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

luke im curious... does your tal-ko chassi have 2 or 3 torsion bars?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 17:19 (Ref:1503223)   #11
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thta looks grwat. must go to buckmore, now
Old 17 Jan 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1503242)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Sam it's newish, it's the 2005 chassis, and it's the 2004 S1 champion's Carl Willoughby, so it's basically still new as it's done what half a dozen rounds, and got a special deal on it, that I did at the London kart show, but I pick it up just before the Buckmore test at the end of the month.
Btw I take it you will be at the first round at Sandown in March?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1503371)   #13
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

not sure if we are doing f6 this year as it will clash with our super 1 rounds, tkm festival and our trip to race the isle of man. Might also clash with testing for other classes. Hopefully will be going to Sandown f6 to win back my '0' plate again.

Also hope i can win the race by another 11seconds

If you have carls chassi then you have a good one. It was the one which won him the s1 title, but that also means it only has 2 bars. Tal-ko made me a special chassi with 3 bars at the end of last season, and i didnt know if they had put the idea into production or not. (guess im the only person with the extra torssion bar on the tal-kos then )
Old 17 Jan 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1503422)   #14
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Could sell that for big bucks :

How much extra did they charge for that?
Old 18 Jan 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1503576)   #15
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

They didnt charge us any extra as im basically a team driver for them. They give me all set-up advice, parts cheap etc. They asked if we wanted to test one with a side bar and we said yes.

Rare indeed